Today in India the Government announced that they are banning a few applications which are made and managed by the Chinese Companies for it's own reason's... almost a couple or hours after that I saw some news where IOS suspended service for a few of those applications by itself for accumulating and capturing data from users..

https://www.indiatvnews.com/technolo...t-means-630154

Not sure how true this is....

Now I am going to talk like a CrarkBerry....

So when the app developers across the Globe abandoned one of the most secure phone/OS no one understood why... everyone had a thought and perception that they outdated, old.. and most importantly people said that they did not keep up with their competition.

Wasn't that same company saying this all along.
    They never wanted an App developer to have access to their customers data.. Specifically the data that had nothing to do with app or it's functions..

In 2016 I had published an article on LinkedIn, I was just going through this and thought I would share it with everyone...

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/mobil...n-sandeep-jain

Any guesses or comments..

Also FYI... I just downloaded a few applications from developer's who are active in these form's... even in 2020 they have not asked for permissions which their app has no use for.... the application's are superb and extremely well built....

Posted via CB10
    06-29-20 08:45 PM
    Today in India the Government announced that they are banning a few applications which are made and managed by the Chinese Companies for it's own reason's... almost a couple or hours after that I saw some news where IOS suspended service for a few of those applications by itself for accumulating and capturing data from users..

https://www.indiatvnews.com/technolo...t-means-630154

Not sure how true this is....

Now I am going to talk like a CrarkBerry....

So when the app developers across the Globe abandoned one of the most secure phone/OS no one understood why... everyone had a thought and perception that they outdated, old.. and most importantly people said that they did not keep up with their competition.

Wasn't that same company saying this all along.
    They never wanted an App developer to have access to their customers data.. Specifically the data that had nothing to do with app or it's functions..

In 2016 I had published an article on LinkedIn, I was just going through this and thought I would share it with everyone...

Also FYI... I just downloaded a few applications from developer's who are active in these form's... even in 2020 they have not asked for permissions which their app has no use for.... the application's are superb and extremely well built....

Posted via CB10
    If you're trying to replace the demand death spiral for BlackBerry-branded devices since 2010 with a conspiracy theory, then fill your boots.

Google and Apple gave the vast majority of consumers what they wanted. It really isn't any more complicated than that.
    Last edited by conite; 06-30-20 at 06:37 PM.
    ppeters914, pgg101 and Rico4you like this.
    06-29-20 09:09 PM
    If you're trying to replace the death spiral of BlackBerry-branded device sales since 2010 with a conspiracy theory as to why the brand failed, then fill your boots.

Google and Apple gave the vast majority of consumers what they wanted. It really isn't any more complicated than that.
    That could have been worded a little bit less confrontationally conite, but yes the fall of BB is down to a shift in consumer behaviour and requirements and RIMs lack of agility in responding rather than any wider conspiracy.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    06-30-20 03:25 AM
    BB10 developers have all the "access" they need.... actually more than modern Android and iOS allow.

I'm sure if BB10 had not been ended back in 2014, it too would have gotten more refined app permissions as well. But to think that somehow BB10 protected users from developers.... NEMORY anyone?

But pretty sure spy craft is now taught in primary school there.... and hacking is a high school level requirement.

I for one appreciate that iOS14 has only improved on alerting the users as to how an app might be stealing data....
    06-30-20 10:39 AM
    Drop it and move on folks.
    06-30-20 07:20 PM

Are you referring to the infamous flashlight app that wanted access to SMS, contacts, and the microphone?
    06-30-20 07:51 PM