Is there any way for me to get my text messages restored? Everything loaded back up except for them. I need some of them for work. If I go back to 10.1 and restore should they be there?
    08-09-13 01:06 AM
    Try to restore again. Mine weren't there as well but I can live without them lol

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 01:26 AM
    Why are the text messages not being ******* back up??? This is totally unacceptable.!
    08-09-13 02:11 AM
    This has been a problem going pretty far back. As far as I know, there is no resolution for it yet.
    I have tried to update from 10.1.0.4285 to almost every build that has been released and no SMS were restored. Even tried going back to T-Mobile original OS and upgrading from there and still no SMS.

I believe there is a version of 10.1 that made a change to the database, which seems to be unable to be corrected and therefore updated to the newest OS.

Please let me know if I am wrong. I even offered a reward of a limited edition 2013 MLB All-Star program and unripped tickets to the game, yet no one was able to help me get around the problem, except with a 3rd party SMS backup solution (which didn't work so well).
    08-15-13 05:32 PM
    There is no text message back up other than third party apps, I used to always back up text messages OCD like but I found I never really went back and looked at them. With BB10 anytime someone sends me something important I share it to "Remember" and file it with one of my work or personal email accounts which then will sync it as a task or a note and restore properly.

Backup and restore is an outdated procedure that really has no use anymore (other then for text messages but I found a solution that works for me in that regard.) Email, Calendar, Contacts all sync to email accounts and re-download to your device anytime you add that email account.

Fresh install is always the best OS upgrade option and as I like to stay on the latest leaked versions I would never be able to take the extra time to backup and restore everytime

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 05:41 PM
    I believe there is a version of 10.1 that made a change to the database, which seems to be unable to be corrected and therefore updated to the newest OS.
    I love people who listen because you sir are 100% correct. And this is indeed the issue. Alright before I go on you could have offered a million dollars, it's not gonna happen. You'd have to break encryption to extract it and restore, it's a lot more complicated than me taking an image of your backup file and plucking something out...

Alright now that being said, the OP, you probably updated from a 10.1 prior to MR. You're out of luck, you were going to experience this at some point in time because it's never been fixed by BlackBerry. And I should add that nothing is really "broken" per se, but nevertheless there's an issue, but it's normal.
    08-15-13 05:54 PM
    There is no text message back up other than third party apps
    I should preface that once you have a backup on the newer builds they will restore in the future this was a one time only thing...
    08-15-13 05:59 PM
    OS10.1.0.4828 plus updated version of Link solves the issue with restoring SMS.
    08-26-13 03:44 AM