View Poll Results: Is it just the keyboard?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, BB until I die

4 33.33%
  • Yes, would be glad to change

1 8.33%
  • I use a touchscreen BB

7 58.33%
    I recently switched to using a Nokia Lumia simply due to problems with BES Express after upgrading Exchange. Pretty happy with the phone.
    My wife's account on BESx still works with her Bold 9700 most of the time, just needing a monthly tweek.

She refuses to switch to a non QWERTY phone, but she really doesn't care what the OS is. Looks like it will be a Q10 at upgrade time unless a WP8 phone comes with a keyboard.

Are many other people in the same position? Don't care if it's BB or not, just want a keyboard. Windows Phone or Android?

This isn't meant to stir any arguments, I've no axe to grind on any phone system, just interested.
    11-22-13 04:07 AM
    The keyboard is a need for me. I also really love blackberry and wouldnt switch unless i had to. I originally got a z10 on a plan for cheap but after giving it my best shot went out and paid full price in cash for a q10 cuz i missed the keyboard THAT much.

Posted via Blackberry Q10
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    11-22-13 04:54 AM
    I recently switched to using a Nokia Lumia simply due to problems with BES Express after upgrading Exchange. Pretty happy with the phone.
    My wife's account on BESx still works with her Bold 9700 most of the time, just needing a monthly tweek.

She refuses to switch to a non QWERTY phone, but she really doesn't care what the OS is. Looks like it will be a Q10 at upgrade time unless a WP8 phone comes with a keyboard.

Are many other people in the same position? Don't care if it's BB or not, just want a keyboard. Windows Phone or Android?

This isn't meant to stir any arguments, I've no axe to grind on any phone system, just interested.
    i love the whole os with features such as timeshift, keyboard, hub (amazing) and thwe new quick reply notyifications. i like that the main styuff is there but in my opinion it needs some nice bright colours and abit of an overhaul. the thing thats re-assuring me i wont be blackberry on my next update is the lack of apps.

i have a z10 btw and love the swipe to screen suggestions... although for me, the bigger the screen the better the virtual keyboard typing experiecne... the blackberry keyboard is not the best thing since sliced bread.. i would easily change to an android keyboard and not miss the keyboard on the bb.
    11-22-13 04:55 AM
    Qwerty is a big deal for me but I really liked what they did with BlackBerry 10. So much so that I would move from a physical keyboard to a z10. The virtual keyboard is great.

Awesome actually but it's still no physical keyboard.theres just something about a keyboard that makes typing for linger periods a pleasure. Right now I'm typing this on the z10 but I know this is probably my limit haha

I also just love the way BlackBerry handles communication and I just find the implementation of the hub unique. I don't think any other platform does it better.
    You might get an app for that but BlackBerry offers it straight out the box with deep integration.

The changes Have for the most part been great. BlackBerry offers me what other platform seem to rely on others to build for them.
    11-22-13 05:32 AM
    It's the keyboard and the productivity apps.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 09:49 AM
    For me, I have used an all touchscreen phone for an extended period and it drove me nuts. I have to have the keyboard, period. The reason why I select BlackBerry is the unique feature bundle or the way settings have been formed that accompanies the device, and in part the keyboard, which I have come to rely on and enjoy.
    Last edited by mrskycar; 11-22-13 at 10:14 AM.
    11-22-13 10:04 AM
    The keyboard and only the keyboard are why I bought my q10, and why i'll keep it. Hub is a definite plus, but everything else is kinda meh to be honest.

Posted via CB10
    amjass12 likes this.
    11-22-13 11:15 AM
    The KB is a major attraction, then there's the overall OS.
    But being a tweaker lol, I like how I can customize most anything with BlackBerry. I hear Windows phone is even more customizable, but my heart is with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 11:51 AM
    Can't live without the keyboard swipe an flow

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 11:55 AM
    I've had many keyboard BlackBerry phones over the years, but made the switch to the Z10 early this year.

The choice was easy - I loathe the limitations apple puts on media in - it shouldn't require iTunes and a pagan ritual to move media to/from a device, plain and simple. I find the design of the iPhone to be crap - the choice of screen dimensions baffles me to no end, and they have yet to come up with a phone that doesn't shatter screens with very minor impacts. Shunning NFC, the lightning connector, and mini HDMI are all dumbass choices that only limit the consumer's experience with the device, so I said f*ck Apple, the bunch of arrogant twats.

Android is a joke - the play store is riddled with crap, the system security is a joke. So much so that to access her university email account on her Nexus 4, my GF had to grant the mail server the right to remotely wipe the ENTIRE phone - when or why is beyond me, but Christ, who thought that was ever ok? The relationship between hardware manufacturers and the software developers is troubling at times - such as the finger pointing match between Snapchat and Google over who should fox the problem with the phone completely restarting when using SnapChat - I don't care who's fault it was, the consumer lost out big time and nobody felt the least bit inclined to do anything about it. Lazy assh*les

Don't get me started on Windows phone. Microsoft can eat sh!t and die.

BlackBerry isn't without their flaws, but they have proven time and again that they can make a well built phone that is relatively secure and doesn't need special, proprietary adapters or software to do the simplest of tasks.

Posted via CB10
    Breezygirl8 likes this.
    11-22-13 01:28 PM
    I've had many keyboard BlackBerry phones over the years, but made the switch to the Z10 early this year.

The choice was easy - I loathe the limitations apple puts on media in - it shouldn't require iTunes and a pagan ritual to move media to/from a device, plain and simple. I find the design of the iPhone to be crap - the choice of screen dimensions baffles me to no end, and they have yet to come up with a phone that doesn't shatter screens with very minor impacts. Shunning NFC, the lightning connector, and mini HDMI are all dumbass choices that only limit the consumer's experience with the device, so I said f*ck Apple, the bunch of arrogant twats.

Android is a joke - the play store is riddled with crap, the system security is a joke. So much so that to access her university email account on her Nexus 4, my GF had to grant the mail server the right to remotely wipe the ENTIRE phone - when or why is beyond me, but Christ, who thought that was ever ok? The relationship between hardware manufacturers and the software developers is troubling at times - such as the finger pointing match between Snapchat and Google over who should fox the problem with the phone completely restarting when using SnapChat - I don't care who's fault it was, the consumer lost out big time and nobody felt the least bit inclined to do anything about it. Lazy assh*les

Don't get me started on Windows phone. Microsoft can eat sh!t and die.

BlackBerry isn't without their flaws, but they have proven time and again that they can make a well built phone that is relatively secure and doesn't need special, proprietary adapters or software to do the simplest of tasks.

Posted via CB10
    Well one might argue that the consumer with a bb10 has completely lost out with a complete lack of apps. I can't even get my university email on my blackberry. It keeps taking me to advanced settings and asking for information such as server address, ports etc. All of which I have entered correctly as I have taken the phone to the computer services and gone through it with them, and I still get an error saying the server address is incorrect. It was never this complicated with bbos.. iand I know for sure that ios and android register the email counts in 2 steps.. email and password. None of my colleagues have been forced into accepting their phones can be remotely wiped when addi.g their uni email addresses. The phone for the doers, and the movers is not really doing, or.moving anything is it? It has made life more difficult since I have to wait to get to a desktop to check my university email. Hotmail and Gmail are just fine of course. I don't k.ow why so much hatred for Microsoft..

I agree that Apple is incredibly limited. But it's funny u call it arrogance, the arrogance people on this forum have to brag about their bb10 and insult any anti blackberry comments is incredible. And the irony is, bb10 owners have nothing to be arrogant about.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 01:50 PM
    Well for me I use all android app I bearly use native apps I use Google keyboard it's nice for me

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 02:11 PM