Long story short, I just picked up a BB10 device after not having one for (I think) 2+ years. I ran into this chain of app-dearth issues:

Hey! whatever happened to Apollo? Okay, no problem, I'll just get Pandora from the Amazon App Store.

No Pandora app in the App Store? That's weird, but okay. I'll just install Snap.

Oh that's right, snap is long dead. There was someone who got the play store working on BB10 ... Ah yes! Cobalt! ...

Okay, somehow I am not capable of figuring out how to do the Play Store thing anymore. Whatever, I'll just use Prime Music until I sort something out for Pandora. wait, why isn't the Prime Music app available?"

... And that is where I'm at now.

Does anyone have any Ideas? at this point I'd rather not install the play store, and run this thing as non-google as possible, but if I must I will.
    10-15-17 02:52 AM
    If apps are a necessity, you bought the wrong phone.
    BB10 devices will suffice for basic smartphone tasks. It's a hit or miss when trying to install/run Android apps, given its antiquated Android runtime.
    10-15-17 03:58 AM
    If apps are a necessity, you bought the wrong phone.
    BB10 devices will suffice for basic smartphone tasks. It's a hit or miss when trying to install/run Android apps, given its antiquated Android runtime.
    Okay, but I'm really only asking about 2 apps, Pandora and Prime Muisc.
    10-16-17 12:27 PM
    Amazon Music requires Android 4.4 and BB10 only supports 4.3,

https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-com-Am...UvbUpU13046952

I'm not familiar with Pandora and if it'll work on BB10 but hopefully someone else can chime in. If you're not tied to any one service you can also try Deezer (BB World) or Spotify (Amazon Appstore).

Edit: Forum is messing up the Amazon link but if you go to the app listing the "Minimum Operating System" field is set to 4.4
    10-16-17 01:41 PM
    I was able to download and use Amazon Prime Music on my Passport. Runs pretty well actually but will sometimes heat up the phone a bit. I did see OP wants native tho... this is an android apk. I've found Yalp Store or Aptoide to be best
    10-16-17 03:15 PM
    What? There were native BB10 apps for Pandora and Spotify? Just curious as I've been running the Android versions for a year.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.2205
    10-16-17 04:53 PM
    There was a native BB10 Pandora app called Apollo. It worked really well, and it was free. The person who created it pulled it from BlackBerry app world because people bitched about occasional glitches. Apparently none of those people had ever used Pandora without Apollo.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-17 05:34 PM
    They could still be on amazon but its not letting you see it. Might be able to use a vpn at a certain point of time during login and identification process to see all the apps amazon is hiding from blackberry. Or try another app store that shows you what version of android it works with and what api it uses.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-17 04:21 PM
    Not meant as blame to Amazon.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-17 05:31 PM
    Just a quick update for those that may go through this in the future:

I managed to get Cobalt's play store setup working, and installed both Pandora and Amazon Music. Pandora launched fine but slowly, but would only play the first second of any song, and then pause. Amazon Music keeps sending a notification that it needs Google Play services, but still runs okay anyway.

If I come up with a solution to the issues with either app, I will update.

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 likes this.
    10-19-17 12:02 PM
    A quick update:

I finally remembered a restart would be a good idea (doh!). Now Pandora sort-of works. You can launch it, and it will play music, but if you skip tracks too often it will lock up.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-17 01:27 PM
    Just a quick update for those that may go through this in the future:

I managed to get Cobalt's play store setup working, and installed both Pandora and Amazon Music. Pandora launched fine but slowly, but would only play the first second of any song, and then pause. Amazon Music keeps sending a notification that it needs Google Play services, but still runs okay anyway.

If I come up with a solution to the issues with either app, I will update.

Posted via CB10
    You need to patch the apps for removing Google Play Services dependency checks.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-17 04:01 PM
    Try to find an older apk version but still work to patch. From my experience, choose apk file that less than 30MB will less laggy.

Posted from BlackBerry Passport.
    10-24-17 09:05 PM
    I've never patched anything. Pandora is slow to load, and half the time I have to close it, then reopen.

No skips, just streams poorly at times, but that's no different than Spotify or Slacker.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.2205
    10-25-17 04:53 PM
    That's a real shame about Amazon Music from the Appstore, I found that was one of the best Android apps that worked well in BB10 runtime. The Kindle app worked great too.
    10-26-17 04:29 AM
    I use https://m.apkpure.com/ as a replacement for Snap and have been very satisfied.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    10-26-17 04:37 AM
    solution: sell the device(if anyone stupid enough to buy it, and get a cheap droid)I ended up using a 5 year old nexus 4(which can be bought at the price of a bb10 case lol), just flashed a custom 7.1.1 rom, underclocked the cpu, running all the latest apps, works like a charm. BB10 is trash.
    11-03-17 02:10 AM
    Yalp store gives you access to Playstore, with or without your own account. It will get you the apk's from Playstore.

Yalp store eg can de installed from F-droid. F-droid you can install from its website.

Apk pure was mentioned before. Android police runs Apk mirror which is also a good source of apk's.

So getting any apk is not the problem. Just some "luck" is required whether it runs on OS10. It seems I'm lucky. All apps I need actually run.

Good luck hunting.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-17 03:16 AM