So let me first start off by saying I have used all mobile OS'es, Been into Android in the early days, and then switched to a Z10 when they first came out. After that someone offered me $600 for it even though I wasn't trying to sell it, and I kinda needed the money at the time, but it was a mistake and I regret selling it, but after that I landed a good job where my work provided me with Samsung Phones, and I had to use them. I did have a Playbook for a short time and loved it, but it quit working (my fault due to leaving it in a hot car, not blaming BB at all for this)

All good and dandy using a Samsung S5, but I really missed my Z10 and BB, and just recently they allowed me to use my own device. So I just bought a brand new Q5 from amazon, and let me tell you, I am so glad I am back, and the new 10.3.2 is better than what I remember which was 10.1 I think.

The reason I got the Q5 was that I am absolutely tired of carrying around large 5+in devices in my pocket, on top of the fact that in a work place you need to have a decent case not damage your phone which makes them even bigger!. The Q5 is perfect to fit in my pocket, and I wasn't totally sure how it was going to preform by today's standards, and paying only $117 new from amazon I didn't want to spend that much.

I don't use a ton of apps, but the ones I do use I was able to find in Blackberry World, and I know I can side load if I need anything out of the ordinary. But the thing I love about BB10 is how everything is integrated and just seems to flow with everything! Blend is freaking amazing, and I love how BB in general actually gives you instructions if something is jacked up! unlike android or apple which leaves you in the dark. IMO anyways.

I know most people wouldn't by a phone made 3+yrs ago, but if it was anything like I remember I never had 1 issue with the Z10, so I made a gamble and holy crap am I happy! I know it sounds like I am getting paid to say all this but I assure you I am not, I just want people to know BB really is that good if you aren't all "App happy" lol
    05-14-16 06:29 PM
    Q5's a are solid. Expect to charge it every night though. You can get some nice shell cases for them.
    05-14-16 07:13 PM
    The Q5 are real nice and solid. I have a Z30 and 2 Q5. About 90% of the time I use the Q5. Never liked 5 inch slabs. Keyboard is great and no double typing. A case is almost a must on those little guys - quite slippery. Enjoy.
    05-14-16 07:29 PM
    I carry a Q5 and a larger flagship slab. Still liking the Q5 as much. I usually charge mine every 2 days but I'm a light user. Runs my Android apps well also. Congrats!

Posted via CB10
    05-14-16 09:45 PM
    Thanks for sharing your experience and welcome back.

Posted via CB10 on my ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    05-15-16 03:24 AM
    For $117, I bought Z30 2nd one week ago.

Sent From My BlackBerry Z30
    05-15-16 04:01 AM
    So let me first start off by saying I have used all mobile OS'es, Been into Android in the early days, and then switched to a Z10 when they first came out. After that someone offered me $600 for it even though I wasn't trying to sell it, and I kinda needed the money at the time, but it was a mistake and I regret selling it, but after that I landed a good job where my work provided me with Samsung Phones, and I had to use them. I did have a Playbook for a short time and loved it, but it quit working (my fault due to leaving it in a hot car, not blaming BB at all for this)

All good and dandy using a Samsung S5, but I really missed my Z10 and BB, and just recently they allowed me to use my own device. So I just bought a brand new Q5 from amazon, and let me tell you, I am so glad I am back, and the new 10.3.2 is better than what I remember which was 10.1 I think.

The reason I got the Q5 was that I am absolutely tired of carrying around large 5+in devices in my pocket, on top of the fact that in a work place you need to have a decent case not damage your phone which makes them even bigger!. The Q5 is perfect to fit in my pocket, and I wasn't totally sure how it was going to preform by today's standards, and paying only $117 new from amazon I didn't want to spend that much.

I don't use a ton of apps, but the ones I do use I was able to find in Blackberry World, and I know I can side load if I need anything out of the ordinary. But the thing I love about BB10 is how everything is integrated and just seems to flow with everything! Blend is freaking amazing, and I love how BB in general actually gives you instructions if something is jacked up! unlike android or apple which leaves you in the dark. IMO anyways.

I know most people wouldn't by a phone made 3+yrs ago, but if it was anything like I remember I never had 1 issue with the Z10, so I made a gamble and holy crap am I happy! I know it sounds like I am getting paid to say all this but I assure you I am not, I just want people to know BB really is that good if you aren't all "App happy" lol
    Your statement confirms how BlackBerry phones are the best functioning devices for anyone who needs a practical instrument for his/her job. I just want to mention an app, Paper Pusher Scanner, that was life-saving for me anytime I needed a quick way to copy, scan and send some documents to other people. Similar Samsung apps, all relating to cloud document storage (with the related activation fee) are simply too complex and ablsolutely unuseful in comparison. Take care and be happy with your Q5 as long as it will last!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-15-16 11:23 AM
    Great story, enjoy your Q5

Posted from my Z30
    05-15-16 06:43 PM
    That's funny because I did exactly the same thing, like, two days ago. My old Q5 died, and I was thinking of buying an Android phone, like a Moto E (you can find them at 80€ in France without carrier, that's crazy), but finally I bought a brand new Q5. That's not as easy as pie, because we French people like our AZERTY keyboard, so we have to find a french seller... But in the end, I love -again- my Q5. Sturdy, not too big, solid, plastic-screen (it will NEVER break ), fluid as water. And, damn, I can't stand a virtual keyboard after the autocorrect created a lot of drama between my girlfriend and me xD
    05-16-16 04:56 AM
    Can't agree more. I have been using my Q5 for almost three years now. It still looks brand new (minor the back logo which has rusted somewhat). I compared it HARD with the Q10 before buying, after buying and even a week ago. And the Q5 still is the winner for me anyway :-)
    07-09-16 09:15 AM
    A week ago I bought a BB Q5. This is my first BlackBerry, and I am really loving it. However, battery performance is not so satisfactory. I generally browse the web a lot through my home wifi connection and it eats up the battery quickly. During browsing the set also produces a lot of heat. I am getting only 8 hours of usage from a single charge. By the way I have upgraded the os to 10.3.2.2876 from 10.2.1. Apart from that, the os is smooth, way better that an android. And the qwerty physical keypad is awesome.
    09-02-17 02:00 AM
    The
    BB10 Os is the best, but Chen is killing it!

  
    09-02-17 12:22 PM
    A week ago I bought a BB Q5. This is my first BlackBerry, and I am really loving it. However, battery performance is not so satisfactory. I generally browse the web a lot through my home wifi connection and it eats up the battery quickly. During browsing the set also produces a lot of heat. I am getting only 8 hours of usage from a single charge. By the way I have upgraded the os to 10.3.2.2876 from 10.2.1. Apart from that, the os is smooth, way better that an android. And the qwerty physical keypad is awesome.
    Try to switch the email synchronization to manual. It will improve a lot your battery life.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-17 06:35 PM