Does it really matter it it's real or not? it's REALITY. i mean honestly, how much longer will OS10 be viable?

Agreed!! I would be surprised if it holds out for up to 2 more years tbh.
    04-06-16 01:49 PM
    Agreed!! I would be surprised if it holds out for up to 2 more years tbh.
    Suit yourself.
    04-06-16 01:52 PM
    I have been beating myself up over whether or not to "invest" in a Porsche Design 9983.... I am glad, I held out
    04-06-16 02:07 PM
    My BB Bold 9000 on OS7 is still working
    Superfly_FR and PonyCrazyKid like this.
    04-06-16 05:29 PM
    Gulf News are the only ones reporting this, so I wouldn't be overly concerned, yet.
    If this story was legit, it would be all over the place including the CrackBerry's front page.
    Ah another ghost story!..............................if this was true, the whole hardware division would close over night..........WOOF!
    04-06-16 08:40 PM
    Ah another ghost story!..............................if this was true, the whole hardware division would close over night..........WOOF!
    Hoax

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-06-16 10:10 PM
    I'll take 2 years over 0 any day.

Posted from my  Q10 via CB10
    04-06-16 10:12 PM
    Attachment 396273

Just 2 years, and then switch to Android?

Posted via CB10
    "At least" for me foreigner more likely means "minimum 2 years".
    But it could be me ...
    04-07-16 03:34 AM
    My god, two years is eternity in the smartphone industry and a lot can happen in that timeframe, if you have a Blackberry OS10 device and your happy with it, then keep using it and see what happens down the road. Life is way to short to stress out over a smartphone.
    04-07-16 05:58 AM
    My god, two years is eternity in the smartphone industry and a lot can happen in that timeframe, if you have a Blackberry OS10 device and your happy with it, then keep using it and see what happens down the road. Life is way to short to stress out over a smartphone.
    Shocking!
    04-07-16 06:55 AM
    BlackBerry knows users want update, does not matter how important it is. BlackBerry has already plan for 10.3.3 and .4 .when the updating will be over there will be nothing left from BB end to give us. They know that it is already dead. They just extending the timeline for update .

04-07-16 07:30 AM
    I fired up an old Windows 98 PC I had the other day... there are "degrees" of what working means.

For the battery life alone I wouldn't go back to my Z10 over my Droid.
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-07-16 09:18 AM
    Speaking of Windows 98... why do I have a deja vue thinking of Stephen Elop and the Nokia-Microsoft Deal when I think of the Blackberry-Android relationship Chen is initiating...?

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 12:14 PM
    I'm with BoomBotz on this one. So far there is only one source. I'm gonna get some sea salt and take a few grains of it. Do a Google search and the results found were the "Gulf News" and the forums related to this story under CrackBerry. BoomBotz I'm with u on this one. BUT I was told by a TELUS representative that BlackBerry is looking to go Android full time. I was looking at some upgrade options when he mentioned this but again he's just a TELUS rep and I'll overlook it.

Posted via CB10
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    04-07-16 12:30 PM
    Speaking of Windows 98... why do I have a deja vue thinking of Stephen Elop and the Nokia-Microsoft Deal when I think of the Blackberry-Android relationship Chen is initiating...?

Posted via CB10
    To me it looks like Android is benefitting from this relationship. You telling me Google can't allow BlackBerry to adopt Google Play? Smfh.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 12:32 PM
    John Chen in my opinion is a traitor!
    He is slowly killing the native BB10 OS. Switching to Android will never help the company survive. There are a lot Android handsets in the market already and it is over saturated. Poor marketing and advertising strategy with the BB10 OS. They should hone, improve, enhance the own OS. BB10 OS makes BlackBerry a BlackBerry because it is their own and makes them unique. I am very disappointed. I've been a BlackBerry user for years. It's like I am afraid to buy new BlackBerry device because anytime soon its value will vanish and will be worthless! Very disgusting CEO!

Posted via CB10
    Chen was brought aboard to save the company, not BB10. If he has to ditch BB10 and go all-in on Android, he'll do it. I seriously don't understand why that isn't clear. Now, I don't think the company will do well either way, but the better bet is Android.
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-07-16 02:32 PM
    Hear hear - my sentiments exactly - and I'm only just now affording the Passport - SE comes into my hands Friday late afternoon - tomorrow - another 25 hours - be still my Blackberry heart!!!!
    04-07-16 02:53 PM
    unfortunately, ATT is dropping support for the Bold 9900 as of December 2016 - ergo, that texted announcement galvanized me into shopping (again) for the Passport. I didn't like anything on ebay, and finally just searched for Blackberry Passport - Lo and behold, what's first up in results but Blackberry's spring sale!!!! Bought me a sweet Silver Edition and I can't wait to hug that workpony device when it arrives tomorrow afternoon. I'll keep my 9900 for foreign sims when traveling - It was great for texts and calls in Kenya in May - what a sweetheart the 9900. The Q10 branded for Sprint - meh, never did use it, and it will be donated to a local woman's shelter so someone can call 911.

A lot can happen in 2 years - look at all the speculation about BB imploding and then out comes the Passport. I don't give a rodent's rear end about apps, but I do care about a phone that has decent call quality and Blackberry gets signal where nothing else will - I've tested the 9900 out in the bush of Kenya! It's a bit too soon to hit the panic buttons, children!!!
    04-07-16 03:00 PM
    So quick question, I have heard that after the Palm OS died there was still some development going on by a rogue developer community. Is this something that can be done here also where there would be an unofficial store where Dev's could offer their work for a price or donation system?

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 03:44 PM
    Your dead on accurate. I come from Symbian/Nokia phones and they got hosed in Exactly the same way. Nokia was just finishing up Symbian Anna when Elop appeared. Not too long afterwards, they decided windows phone 7 was "the most advanced and innovative OS available" Except for multitasking. And App support. And you cant use other browsers. Or any of these: Removable SD cards, USB mass-storage, Bluetooth file transfers, Connecting to Wi-Fi (wireless) access points with both a hidden SSID and WPA protection, Sideloading for corporate apps, VoIP and IP Videocalling integrated in the Phone app, Support for Office documents with security permissions, On-device encryption, Strong passwords, Full Exchange support, Native applications, Full background multitasking

Yeah. Imagine why so many people were so hesitant to buy a windows phone and still are. I tried it, and hated it. BB10 is the closest thing to symbian belle available, and now its going to lose support.
    04-07-16 08:09 PM
    I would be very surprised if this were legit and Gulf News would be the first to report about it.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 08:20 PM
    R.I.P. BlackBerry 10, having also used Android and iOS, you were the best OS that nobody used.
    04-07-16 08:31 PM
    I would be very surprised if this were legit and Gulf News would be the first to report about it.

Posted via CB10
    John Chen was in Dubai a few days ago so it's possible they interviewed him there,

https://twitter.com/ME_BlackBerry/st...02862105329664
    04-07-16 11:07 PM
    John Chen was in Dubai a few days ago so it's possible they interviewed him there,

https://twitter.com/ME_BlackBerry/st...02862105329664
    And nobody else picked up the story.
    Smh!
    04-07-16 11:16 PM
    And nobody else picked up the story.
    Smh!
    Maybe even worse, nobody was interested.

*ME173X
    04-07-16 11:26 PM
60 123