BB10 the Snake Pliskin of mobile operating systems.
    04-07-16 11:30 PM
    Maybe even worse, nobody was interested.

*ME173X
    John who????? :-)

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    elfabio80 likes this.
    04-07-16 11:45 PM
    Chen was brought aboard to save the company, not BB10. If he has to ditch BB10 and go all-in on Android, he'll do it. I seriously don't understand why that isn't clear. Now, I don't think the company will do well either way, but the better bet is Android.
    Oh we hear what your saying, we just don't think your right. Is that clear enough.
    04-08-16 12:02 AM
    Chen was brought aboard to save the company, not BB10.
    May be. But I'm the customer and I don't buy a company, I buy a product, especially a product I'm convinced of and a product with a future. It's ridiculous that some people believe the customer is more loyal to the logo on the backside than to the product. I'm not at all, why should I? The blackberry logo stands for kicking customers into the *** (<- this is a word with "a" and "ss") and this didn't start with the end of BB10 development, it started long ago. Now, getting out of this will be hard work and I doubt that they will achieve this. So "treason" was indeed a word that came also to my mind.
    Bluenoser63 and acovey like this.
    04-08-16 12:25 AM
    BB10 the Snake Pliskin of mobile operating systems.
    Ooh, that dates you! But a brilliant film.

Sent from my Z30
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    04-08-16 04:09 AM
    Oh we hear what your saying, we just don't think your right. Is that clear enough.
    Believe what you will. Accept what you will, whether realistic or not.
    04-08-16 10:07 AM
    If you look at truth of it, no phone save for iPhone lasts more than 2 years in terms of support. The rate at which technology advances is astounding in the last 5 years. Look at TVS, 1080p was the sh-t a few years back and now 4k is soon to take torch and now there are talking about more than that. The carriers in Ontario anyway were forced by the government to switch to 2 year contracts from 3 year. This was for a number of reasons but one was because devices were outdated well before the 3 year term was up. I would give just one more example before I conclude, I bought a Sega dreamcast back in 2002 just as Sega went software only, I got it new for a fraction of the price and bought games on the cheap. I enjoyed that thing for a couple of years before I sold it and made a modest amount of cash. Today you can see the dreamcast controller design in the Xbox and it was the first console on line. My point being if you bought your bb10 handset yesterday then enjoy it for the next 2 years. Give time for other mobile os to evolve and then after that when the time to upgrade will come you can choose what is best for you and probably incorporates most BlackBerry ideas. ( just so you know I think it will be android as BlackBerry is working closely with Google and who knows they might buy out the hardware division and make their own Nexus phones....just a thought).

Posted via CB10
    04-08-16 11:09 AM
    I was there, when Nokia sold out to Microsoft. I had a N900, a N9, maemo, meego...awesome OS. I had a palm, webOS, so much nice things. I just went BB10 2years ago. And I have to admit, all iphones and android I touched can't reach the level of efficiency in the OS. But mobile OS are so mainstreamed. Microsoft can't get Win10mobile off the ground. Canonical can't do it with ubuntu, samsung couldn't with tizen. I think as long as the consumer won't figure out that all the convenience of android and ios are based on the sellout of user data, these two OS will be the only players..

Posted via CB10
    acovey and muellerto like this.
    04-08-16 03:04 PM
    I can live with two more years. If they are not really developing their own OS, I will consider other platforms. And that is it. When I say other platforms, I mean Android or iOS, and Android contains Priv, for sure. But I don't think it is a BlackBerry, rather than that, it is an Android device with a BlackBerry logo on. I don't hate it and I don't think it is worth of 649USD, and that's it, end of the story. BlackBerry has had a reputation for building a secure OS and some solid devices, and I don't think JC really came to this position to SAVE the hardware division. Instead, I think what he is doing is to try to save the company. We cannot say, at least not in the position to make the decision, that BlackBerry isn't BlackBerry without the hardware division because it is still BlackBerry even if they stop making phones. My personal opinion is to wait for the Android M coming to Priv, and I should start to consider getting one. I love BlackBerry 10 and my BlackBerry 10 devices, such as Q30/20/10, but if they really plan to slow down the development of BlackBerry 10 OS, that will become a key for me to consider switching to other platforms.

Posted via my beloved Passport solid black edition
    04-08-16 11:39 PM
    Believe what you will. Accept what you will, whether realistic or not.
    Thanks, that's my plan.
    04-09-16 12:24 AM
60 123