Just 2 more years for BB10?-img_20160406_014419.png

Just 2 years, and then switch to Android?

Posted via CB10
    shivaji likes this.
    04-05-16 03:17 PM
    The ''support '' really means the most basic support, by that I mean the app store is still running, a few patches every year. Don't expect any further development. Basically it's just a fancy old style Nokia dumb phone. (it's fancy because it has up-to-date mobile network support, some apps, a rather good browser without any further maintenance ( for example, no let's encrypt certifications))

Posted via CB10
    04-05-16 03:29 PM
    I am good with my Passport for another 18 months or so....
    jope28 and citystars41 like this.
    04-05-16 03:43 PM
    BB10 support is planned till april 2017 and with dry dead like the playbook, john chen also said the wanted to make the most secure platform for android.

So if they get al the resources in Android it's the end of any BB10 device and we will see at least one android device.

My advice if you wanted a secure phone with app permission and monthly update go for the google nexus 5x. Why bother about the priv.

Posted via CB10
    jope28 likes this.
    04-05-16 04:05 PM
    What about blackphone? Is it an option in terms of security/appgapp?
    04-05-16 05:48 PM
    Blackphone is a good phone but I still believe BB10 could've been the best. Most people don't know about BB10 and those of who knows don't know about it's features and functioning. BlackBerry Android devices are doing good because people already know about Android and that's because of Android's smart marketing. Everyone knows that BlackBerry develops good hardware devices so no doubt BlackBerry Android phones are doing better than the BB10 ones. I think BlackBerry lacks marketing strategies.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-16 04:24 AM
    Two years to try to get Android to the same security level as BB10, then evaluate.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    04-06-16 04:39 AM
    John Chen in my opinion is a traitor!
    He is slowly killing the native BB10 OS. Switching to Android will never help the company survive. There are a lot Android handsets in the market already and it is over saturated. Poor marketing and advertising strategy with the BB10 OS. They should hone, improve, enhance the own OS. BB10 OS makes BlackBerry a BlackBerry because it is their own and makes them unique. I am very disappointed. I've been a BlackBerry user for years. It's like I am afraid to buy new BlackBerry device because anytime soon its value will vanish and will be worthless! Very disgusting CEO!

Posted via CB10
    moyah8, muellerto, Q10Bold and 4 others like this.
    04-06-16 05:05 AM
    Switching to Android will never help the company survive.
    The company will even survive without a hardware division.
    04-06-16 05:08 AM
    The company will even survive without a hardware division.
    Hardware is the biggest chunk to gain out in the market. If they will be operating as a full software company the status will never be like before no more BlackBerry handsets in the market is as good as BlackBerry dead

Posted via CB10
    04-06-16 05:21 AM
    Very disappointing, but this was coming anyway. If the end of year keyboard device looks good, I'll buy that and partially return to Android, but I'll continue using my Passport till it falls apart, then buy a new one from ebay!

Posted via my Black Passport
    xKingHopy likes this.
    04-06-16 06:16 AM
    More I use bb10 more I like it. Business wise expected decision but I hope it will be changed within two years.

Q10
    04-06-16 08:01 AM
    Just 2 years, and then switch to Android?
    Gulf News are the only ones reporting this, so I wouldn't be overly concerned, yet.
    If this story was legit, it would be all over the place including the CrackBerry's front page.
    04-06-16 10:11 AM
    Depending on how out-datet it is at launch and how much of a premium they charge for it over other phones I'll get the blackberry Humbug when it arrives.
    04-06-16 10:13 AM
    Depending on how out-datet it is at launch and how much of a premium they charge for it over other phones I'll get the blackberry Humbug when it arrives.
    non sequitur?
    Jakob Greve likes this.
    04-06-16 10:26 AM
    I am good with my Passport for another 18 months or so....
    Exactly my thoughts.

This Passport is sure to serve me well until it's well into time to upgrade.
    Can't believe how much I've come to appreciate the form factor.

My Q10 is being great for my second phone line as well.

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    KemKev likes this.
    04-06-16 10:26 AM
    it's fine for me! somehow it sounds sad!

Posted via CB using Q10
    04-06-16 10:46 AM
    It's sad to see them giving up on the best OS out there today minus the app gap. I have witnessed people migrate from Samsung, iPhone etc for BB10. BlackBerry needs to hire a new marketing group. This is sad. Chen, u should be an of urself for bowing to the Android Squad. Booooooo. Time for you to get off the stage.

Posted via CB10
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    04-06-16 11:01 AM
    I would love to see all that Blackberry security upgrades merging with the Android runtime in BB10 so we can have a secure third party ecosystem in our favorite OS. I don't Know if it would be possible to do so, are there contract constrains with google about that? I mean, I know this is purely theoretical as BBRY is slowly moving towards software services. But in that scenario, would it be possible to have Google's Playstore embedded in BB10 devices?
    04-06-16 11:35 AM
    I've been struggling with this question for a while now - if BB10 disappears, what is the best alternative? I run a scientific outfit with 12 employees all on BB10. No other OS is capable of providing what we need from a business smart phone. We recently tried moving to Android and iOS with some of our staff as a trial, but they all wanted to jump back to BB10 within a week. All hated the look and feel of Android, and all found iOS to be inefficient when it came to completing work functions. But if BB10 disappears, we will probably go to Android over the iOS ecosystem. Just not with Blackberry, more than likely - I feel pretty disgusted with the lack of communication from them on the future of BB10, their lack of marketing effort (even for the Priv it has been pretty crappy) and their virtual two-fingers up to loyal BB customers. But who knows... if they produce an Android device that can mimic the look, feel and functionality of BB10, then maybe we'll still be with them in 2 years time. And there is always hope that they will turn things around and produce another new and even better OS in 2018.... well, I can dream, can't I?
    04-06-16 11:53 AM
    Im gathering BB10 devices as many as I can. I have Z10, Z30 and a Passport. I will be getting another Passport soon and maybe a third if I can. I will be rocking BB10 for awhile yet.
    04-06-16 11:59 AM
    I have two Passports which I am sure will serve for at least 2 years if not more.

Blackberry Priv on Etisalat 4G Network
    04-06-16 12:28 PM
    I am going to try this one more time.

Until this story is on the front page of CrackBerry, its not real!
    PonyCrazyKid likes this.
    04-06-16 12:33 PM
    I am going to try this one more time.

Until this story is on the front page of CrackBerry, its not real!
    Does it really matter it it's real or not? it's REALITY. i mean honestly, how much longer will OS10 be viable?
    shupor and anon(5061193) like this.
    04-06-16 01:03 PM
    Does it really matter it it's real or not? it's REALITY. i mean honestly, how much longer will OS10 be viable?
    Yes it does.
    Its one thing for you and I to know it.
    Its quite another for JC to say it.
    The support countdown is very relevant to the viability of BB10.
    04-06-16 01:08 PM
60 123