Thanks for the reminder.

Still, I love these threads that start at the beginning of a month, season, quarter, year, whatever... that BB mentions when something might be released and the OP usually asks - "It's the 1st - where is __________ (fill in the blank)?"
    ppeters914 and anon(9158709) like this.
    06-02-16 06:31 PM
    How can some of u here say u are ok with no updates? This is ridiculous. Especially no updates on pre installed apps I had on my phone when I bought my passport two years ago. There used to be regular updates now nothing. Specifically blackberry maps. Yes it still works. But it's hideously quirky and often unreliable. Very often. I can't remember last time it was updated and believe it would operate much better with an update or two

Posted via CB10
    Since you're asking. My Z30 purrrs like a kitten it's so happy right now. For all intents and purposes it does not need an update to improve on the way I use it.
    Genghis2k3 likes this.
    06-02-16 07:24 PM
    Does BlackBerry Maps, the app, really need updating? Is the app really doing the routing? Or is it being done on the back-end via servers. If it's being done with servers, then pointing the finger at the app for deficiencies is misplaced. The fix needs to be on the server side and asking for an app update won't fix anything.

TomTom reups their agreement with BlackBerry to power maps in BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com

For me, BlackBerry Maps has been working great. There used to be a time where I had to type in the exact address, but these days, it gives reasonable suggestions, like Google Maps.

By default, it routes around traffic, which does create some weird directions. One time, I was driving from San Diego to Disneyland. It had me get off the freeway only to return back on again. I thought it was weird, but I went ahead and followed the directions, even though I hadn't hit any traffic. Of course, looking to my left at the freeway from the side road, I could see why it did it. There was traffic on the freeway.
    06-02-16 07:39 PM
    I can't wait to try out the NIAP certification. It's going to be great.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2876 / Telus
    06-02-16 07:52 PM
    I use BlackBerry Maps when travelling and it works great for me. No issues and I am happy with it.

As for the update, any update is welcomed.

 Passport via CB10
    06-02-16 08:51 PM
    I used to have issues with BlackBerry Maps, I wouldn't be able to use it because of errors. Not sure if the app or not but I used another app and it worked fine. For the past few months I have been using it with no problems at all. Not sure what that was about.

Posted via my Expired Passport
    06-02-16 08:59 PM
    I actually used bbmaps today and it worked beautifully. My only gripe with maps is if you're listening to music while using maps, if you want to disable the voice assistance you have to do it again everytime you go to change a song with the rockers. Even if you want to change the volume of the song it enables the voice assistance again.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-16 09:06 PM
    June 3 now. Still no update. Since weekend is coming up earliest it can occur is probably Monday. June 6

Posted via CB10
    06-03-16 01:27 AM
    For those who keep on asking what new in 10.3.3, here i list it here.
    What's new in 10.3.3 :
    - facebook updated to browser version
    - browser updated
    - blackberry map updated
    - BBM updated
    - BBVE updated *
    - App world updated *
    - camera updated *
    - call log details*
    - OF COURSE NIAP CERTIFICATE

The official gold released will be in mid of this month. Wait and see. Download the developer OS at your own risk or don't.

BlackBerry Z10/STL-001/Bb10.3.2.2836
    06-03-16 01:34 AM
    My guess is that most updates from now on are bug fixes/support

Posted via CB10
    06-03-16 01:41 AM
    Any chance of Blend working on Android or iPad?
    06-03-16 04:13 AM
    It's the 3rd already dang it! GIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMME

Passport SE, "The BlockBerry" - Cricket Wireless
    Uzi likes this.
    06-03-16 05:34 AM
    The countdown starts. Bet it won't happen

Posted via CB10
    Be careful what you ask for, because you may get it. One of these updates will close out side-loading for the security side......sooooooooo

WOOF!
    06-03-16 06:45 AM
    I think nothing important will changed in os 10.3.3 ... so there will be not same situation like with 10.2.1
    06-03-16 06:47 AM
    And for those of us on VZW...crickets...as usual

Posted via CB10
    06-03-16 06:55 AM
    Any chance of Blend working on Android or iPad?
    AFAIK, it already does. Blend for Android is only for Android tablets, and Apple's App Store has Blend for iPad.

Unless you're asking for it to "work well". I have no idea how well it works now.

Besides, that's a separate app, and not a function of the OS.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-16 07:04 AM
    [QUOTE=brookie229;12455802]Better get used to this or move on, sorry to say.

Yep, been a long time since an update but there are other options even in BBW that are quite good. I am talking about Maps.Me and Map for Heremap . These may not be super-detailed but offer Google-free navigation good enough for these people (maybe not for you or the vast majority of people).

--> As part of this navigation tangent 'Genius Maps' is the best map software on BB10 native right now. Really good, offline maps, pedestrian mode, 3D maps including terrain and city models, traffic, multiple route selection (like old BlackBerry Traffic). The only catch is it is fairly expensive for navigation feature after the trial period, but has been worth it to me...

Posted via CB10
    06-03-16 08:20 AM
    As part of this navigation tangent 'Genius Maps' is the best map software on BB10 native right now. Really good, offline maps, pedestrian mode, 3D maps including terrain and city models, traffic, multiple route selection (like old BlackBerry Traffic). The only catch is it is fairly expensive for navigation feature after the trial period, but has been worth it to me...
    Good to know, I have not used that one. Nice to know that we do have choices. Thanks!

edit: oh yeah that one used to be called Mireo Don't Panic!
    06-03-16 08:23 AM
    All the mapping programs have issues. I use Apples all day and it makes mistakes. It is the back end servers that have to be updated. The best free mapping app I use is Navfree. It has a lot of maps in the program but any addresses it doesn't can be searched on line, downloaded and used off line with month further data usage

Posted via CB10
    06-03-16 08:40 AM
    Do yourselves a favor and get a Garmin GPS with lifetime map updates. Problem solved. Better then any phone gps!
    06-03-16 08:53 AM
    Do yourselves a favor and get a Garmin GPS with lifetime map updates. Problem solved. Better then any phone gps!
    I agree and did that 3 years ago! There are occasions when I don't have my Garmin with me so a decent mapping app comes in handy in my phone. Also I do lots of walking when we go on holiday so a good offline gps is good. Recently, while in Bermuda, I found the Maps.Me worked terrifically as a walking guide.
    06-03-16 09:01 AM
    Have any of u used blackberry maps lately? Yes it serves generally. But if u wanna use it in a metropolitan area. Good luck and God help u. All because it hasn't been updated recently. If blackberry isn't gonna support it adequately they should pull it from use or someone is gonna get killed. I wish I had counted the number of times it stopped while recalculating route last week to San Diego airport

Posted via CB10
    I use the maps regularly and it works great for me.
    06-03-16 09:02 AM
    It's BlackBerry, don't expect anything before June 30...
    StephanieMaks likes this.
    06-03-16 09:30 AM
    Modern ages, guys.
    "June" means : before the end of June.
    06-03-16 09:50 AM
    I'm a pessimist so I'm going to say July 1st....

There'll be an announcement that 10.3.3 is...

Coming soon.
    06-03-16 10:27 AM
93 1234