The countdown starts. Bet it won't happen

Posted via CB10
    06-02-16 01:15 AM
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-103...ble-developers patience grasshopper, the dev os is out. It will come....
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-02-16 01:30 AM
    Well Chen did say mid-June, but I doubt that's even happening honestly.

Posted via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    06-02-16 01:35 AM
    Awesome can't wait!
    06-02-16 02:14 AM
    10.3.3 won't make a hill of beans difference for 99% of you so whats the rush.
    06-02-16 02:30 AM
    And you'd think BlackBerry would be the least bit generous to give us some features we want, they're killing us so why not give us some stuff to pass the time until we get the rope?

Posted via my Expired Passport
    06-02-16 03:04 AM
    Coming.....soon

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813
    06-02-16 03:07 AM
    10.3.3 it's in governments lab for the NIAP certifications. JC said he hopes they can release it in June.

Posted via CB10
    app_Developer and Zeratul57 like this.
    06-02-16 04:29 AM
    In all honesty I am not even worried about in an update.
    I could be happy with how my Classic is for sometime.
    With my Priv and other Android devices, it seems like I am always wanting more or always looking forward to the next update. Not sure why...

Doesn't get Classier then posting from a Classic!
    CDM76 likes this.
    06-02-16 07:11 AM
    10.3.3 won't make a hill of beans difference for 99% of you so whats the rush.
    Atleast it will bring performance betterment if no visible design changes or new additions....some can also hope for increase in output volume...so u never know why people wait for the next update...and it was bad from BlackBerry side not delivering it in the beginning of June itself though they said mid june...atleast doing it this way could be a change of face from what they had for all these years and could also be counted as an apology for delaying it from march to june!

Posted via CB10
    06-02-16 08:43 AM
    It will?? Last update they did broke things and made performance worse ala AR
    Doggerz likes this.
    06-02-16 09:45 AM
    July Aug. Is now the date two phase rollout.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-16 10:49 AM
    Well Chen did say mid-June, but I doubt that's even happening honestly.

"Mid-June"? Are you sure he was even that specific?

I remember the "June" part, and even that was more specific than usual. They've never before been more specific than a season - such as "summer", or "winter". And that's when they aren't as vague as "soon" or "in the coming weeks". That last one irks me to no end when a company says that.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-16 11:24 AM
    How can some of u here say u are ok with no updates? This is ridiculous. Especially no updates on pre installed apps I had on my phone when I bought my passport two years ago. There used to be regular updates now nothing. Specifically blackberry maps. Yes it still works. But it's hideously quirky and often unreliable. Very often. I can't remember last time it was updated and believe it would operate much better with an update or two

Posted via CB10
    06-02-16 02:24 PM
    It's like barking at the rain. What does it solve at this point since Chen has already said 10.3.3 is maintenance release: security, certification updates and a few bugs fixed here and there. If you didn't know that until now: welcome from hiding under a rock.
    ppeters914 and Ronindan like this.
    06-02-16 02:47 PM
    I heard that it will be OTA june 31st.
    kvndoom and StephanieMaks like this.
    06-02-16 02:58 PM
    There used to be regular updates now nothing.
    Better get used to this or move on, sorry to say.
    How can some of u here say u are ok with no updates?
    Probably, because the people that say this have NO great need for most of these apps. I.E. texting, call quality, email are of the utmost importance and most (not all!) apps are not that important.
    Specifically blackberry maps. Yes it still works. But it's hideously quirky and often unreliable
    Yep, been a long time since an update but there are other options even in BBW that are quite good. I am talking about Maps.Me and Map for Heremap . These may not be super-detailed but offer Google-free navigation good enough for these people (maybe not for you or the vast majority of people).

This hopefully answers your questions, regardless whether or not you believe that BB10 cannot possible work for others.
    06-02-16 03:00 PM
    Have any of u used blackberry maps lately? Yes it serves generally. But if u wanna use it in a metropolitan area. Good luck and God help u. All because it hasn't been updated recently. If blackberry isn't gonna support it adequately they should pull it from use or someone is gonna get killed. I wish I had counted the number of times it stopped while recalculating route last week to San Diego airport

Posted via CB10
    06-02-16 03:28 PM
    "Mid-June"? Are you sure he was even that specific?

I remember the "June" part, and even that was more specific than usual. They've never before been more specific than a season - such as "summer", or "winter". And that's when they aren't as vague as "soon" or "in the coming weeks". That last one irks me to no end when a company says that.

Posted via CB10
    Yup!
    Despite earlier confirmations from BlackBerry that OS 10.3.3 would be released in March, BlackBerry CEO John Chen noted today on the BlackBerry Q4 Fiscal 2016 Earnings Call that the date for its release has now moved to mid-June pending technical acceptance for the NIAP certification.
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-os-...moves-mid-june

Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-02-16 03:32 PM
    Have any of u used blackberry maps lately? Yes it serves generally. But if u wanna use it in a metropolitan area. Good luck and God help u. All because it hasn't been updated recently. If blackberry isn't gonna support it adequately they should pull it from use or someone is gonna get killed. I wish I had counted the number of times it stopped while recalculating route last week to San Diego airport

Posted via CB10
    I wonder if this woman was using Blackberry Maps lol: Woman drives car into lake after following GPS directions . Seriously, I use Maps fairly often and it works well for me but then again, I live in a small city without many changes. I know your situation is probably vastly different from mine. There are limitations with all these navigational apps, even the best.
    06-02-16 03:40 PM
    That's really a copout and letting blackberry off the hook. Yes I agree u need to use ur judgement when using Google maps. But we are talking about it 'getting lost recalculating' in metropolitan san Diego a major area. I couldn't find my Garmin and instead had to rely on blackberry maps. Blackberry maps was giving me directions to the airport. Then it recalculated. Then it wanted me to make a u turn and go back to previous exit. This is all I believe it has been updated for at least a year. I used Garmin daily and nexus Google occasionally and this never happens with either. My original point is that blackberry os and also blackberry pre-installed apps won't work correctly unless they are updated periodically. Blackberry maps as is now is an atrocity and sometime soon someone will be injured just because that cheapskate John Chen refuses to update

Posted via CB10
    06-02-16 03:57 PM
    That's really a copout and letting blackberry off the hook. Yes I agree u need to use ur judgement when using Google maps. But we are talking about it 'getting lost recalculating' in metropolitan san Diego a major area. I couldn't find my Garmin and instead had to rely on blackberry maps. Blackberry maps was giving me directions to the airport. Then it recalculated. Then it wanted me to make a u turn and go back to previous exit. This is all I believe it has been updated for at least a year. I used Garmin daily and nexus Google occasionally and this never happens with either. My original point is that blackberry os and also blackberry pre-installed apps won't work correctly unless they are updated periodically. Blackberry maps as is now is an atrocity and sometime soon someone will be injured just because that cheapskate John Chen refuses to update

Posted via CB10

I am not trying to copout. I totally agree with you that Maps needs an update BUT it's probably not going to happen. Check out the other options that I listed. I use a Garmin in my car also and it got me into trouble 2 years ago on a trip to Myrtle Beach S.C. I ended up driving miles and miles and miles extra because of a new highway update going into the area that was not on my Garmin (even though I purposely downloaded the newest map of that area before I left for the trip). I'm just saying that this, unfortunately, is going to be the way it is with BB. Very little to no resources are going to be spent on BB10. Start looking for 3rd party apps to replace those pre-installed or move to another device. When I have a bad experience like yours, that may be the end of my BB experience as well. Just be aware that, for now, there is Openstreet in the form of Maps.Me and Heremaps that are up to date.
    Last edited by brookie229; 06-02-16 at 05:54 PM.
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    06-02-16 04:10 PM
    Ok. I'm not mad at u for ur comment. I'm mad at Chen for allowing blackberry apps and its os to deteoriate to where it isn't functional anymore. But I understand ur point. Peace and all CA residents. Vote Bernie

Posted via CB10
    06-02-16 04:21 PM
    In all honesty I am not even worried about in an update.
    I could be happy with how my Classic is for sometime.
    With my Priv and other Android devices, it seems like I am always wanting more or always looking forward to the next update. Not sure why...

Doesn't get Classier then posting from a Classic!
    From what I read it's not even like there will be a noticeable difference, I'm on PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876 and I cannot complain..

Posted via CB10
    06-02-16 05:20 PM
    From what I read it's not even like there will be a noticeable difference, I'm on PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876 and I cannot complain..

Posted via CB10
    It's great that there's bug fixes in the forthcoming update. OS refinement is always welcomed in my books.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-16 05:25 PM
93 123 ...