Got a (white ) Z10 on the way due to the sale. My plan is to use it for evenings and weekends where I'm less email happy and keep using my Q10 during the week.

Does anyone foresee any issues with this?

Some thoughts I had:

* Email account setup. Once I set up my accounts on my Z10, will they both just stay up to date whenever connected and on, like my iPad, laptop and Q10 all do now? Or will the one "logged into" my BBID be the only one that updates, and the other will update once I "log into" my BBID on that phone? Do I even need to set them up on the Z10, rather than just log into my BBID?

* BBM. Switching back and forth between my Q10 and iPad is a disaster to my groups and conversations are lost each time. Is this better BlackBerry to BlackBerry?

* Apps. Am I entitled to have the apps I've purchased on both phones, so long as I'm not logged into both at the same time?

* BBID. I assume I should "log into" my BBID each time I switch on the new phone. Will this recover all email, app, BBM data? Is this something I do for the phone in general or in each app? What about email? That's not an app, per se.

* Other issues I may face with this plan?

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 07:39 PM
    You will be fine. Both devices can be logged in with same BBID at the same time, - BBM will only be active on one device at time. You are allowed to associate up to 5 devices with the same BBID, and as long as app license is not connected to one specific PIN, you can also download the same apps on both devices.

BBM stores contacts, groups and channels in the cloud - and will repopulate onto the device you wish to use BBM on,.. (except active chats) and if you have chosen to Save messages, they will only be available on the device they are saved... not really a problem

Things to consider though, some apps might store data - which would not be automatically copied to the other device- so if u use remember app ex with local stored data - you won't see that... but using Evernote folders instead - then they would be in sync.

- there are also a new Password Keeper app with export/import option leaked somewhere her on Crackberry

Have fun
    m1kr0 likes this.
    11-30-13 08:17 PM
    You will be fine. Both devices can be logged in with same BBID at the same time, - BBM will only be active on one device at time. You are allowed to associate up to 5 devices with the same BBID, and as long as app license is not connected to one specific PIN, you can also download the same apps on both devices.

BBM stores contacts, groups and channels in the cloud - and will repopulate onto the device you wish to use BBM on,.. (except active chats) and if you have chosen to Save messages, they will only be available on the device they are saved... not really a problem

Things to consider though, some apps might store data - which would not be automatically copied to the other device- so if u use remember app ex with local stored data - you won't see that... but using Evernote folders instead - then they would be in sync.

- there are also a new Password Keeper app with export/import option leaked somewhere her on Crackberry

Have fun
    Very helpful. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 09:18 PM