06-09-16 12:39 AM
79 ... 234
tools
    I will be watching these forums closely after they release these updates cause if the updates prove to be a regression from the android runtime then I may never update again and that will just have to be the end.

On the other hand if they decide to leave what is running as is, as far as the android runtime then I would be ok with that. I think that if in any updates they terminate the runtime they are done, just DONE!

Posted via CB10
    Since they will be adding more BlackBerry phones running Android I can see the next BB10 phones being released without the Android runtime. Mainly aimed at there enterprise customers.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-08-16 01:36 AM
    Since they will be adding more BlackBerry phones running Android I can see the next BB10 phones being released without the Android runtime. Mainly aimed at there enterprise customers.

There will be no more bb10 phones. Ever.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-16 11:16 PM
    As Ben Evan has said, if you say 'install an app on Android in five years' what will that mean?

Install may be to load a web-ish view, app may be an AMP page on Chrome OS and Android? Who knows?

Google probably have an ok idea of the general direction they are taking Android, but then stuff like the EU anti-trust case comes along. The latter may result in an unbundling of Android and Google Play, aka the criteria OEMs must fulfill to get Android.

Given the above, I'm left with the impression of ruling out an upgraded version of BlackBerry10 (probably rebranded to 'QNX for secure mobility' or something like that), that either has an updated android runtime or a hypervisior, as something that will never happen, is a bit strange. Right now it seems unlikely, but.. Stranger things have happened.

We need to see that Google-BlackBerry contract re: Android. What if BlackBerry were to move further Hypervisor and Qt5.5 Cascades development to QNX or some other subsidiary or a spin-off? Or invest in a brand new startup that would develop Hypervisor, etc. further, then license a new BlackBerry 10.4 OS called "QNX Mobile" or some other name and BlackBerry hardware patents to essentially create modern BB10 devices. Thoughts?!

Posted via CB10 on my VZW Z30
    06-09-16 12:35 AM
    That's what I have decided. Just got a blue Classic. About to get a new Z30. Hell they are all cheap. I was using a Priv. Not sure my plans for it. For now I am going to enjoy BB10 while I can.

Posted via CB10
    I tote a Z30 and Cobalt Blue Classic right now, and am tempted to hoard a third BB10 device for the impending demise if BB10, such as a Q10, or go even more retro and snap up a new Bold 9900/9930. Anyone like the idea of going back to the future with what is said to be the best ever OS 7 device?

Posted via CB10 on my VZW Z30
    Jiggy1971 likes this.
    06-09-16 12:39 AM
79 ... 234