So maybe after 10.4 we will see a new bb10 device and update 10.3.3 is all in the hands of goverments.

When BlackBerry not update android runtime and more apps moving away from 4.3 then I will move away from bb10.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by whatsever; 05-28-16 at 01:42 AM.
    Erik_1991 likes this.
    05-28-16 01:15 AM
    They won't update the android runtime and they won't release any more devices with an android runtime. They can't since they signed the agreement to run android on the Priv.

What is it you aren't understanding?

Posted via CB10
    AcADIeN likes this.
    05-28-16 01:52 AM
    Reminds me of a China Crisis song, Wishful Thinking.

*A3-A20
    05-28-16 01:54 AM
    It's a Wishfull Thinking and I think it will be harder to run apps on BB10 when they secure the device more and more. I know I should move away from BB10 like the whole family did this last 6 months, but still love how the Passport works for me but one day.
    05-28-16 02:31 AM
    There will be no more bb10 devices. Ever.

Don't update the phone and use it as long as you can. That is about the only options you have.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-16 09:09 AM
    There will be no more bb10 devices. Ever.

Don't update the phone and use it as long as you can. That is about the only options you have.

Posted via CB10
    Can you send a link to where BlackBerry literally came out and said this please? I don't wanna hear that "the writing is on the wall" nonsense. Just simple facts is what I am requesting. And if that can't be provided, ur comment is irrelevant like the rest of them.

Posted via CB10
    skinnymike1 and Ernest Xiang like this.
    05-28-16 09:18 AM
    I will be watching these forums closely after they release these updates cause if the updates prove to be a regression from the android runtime then I may never update again and that will just have to be the end.

On the other hand if they decide to leave what is running as is, as far as the android runtime then I would be ok with that. I think that if in any updates they terminate the runtime they are done, just DONE!

Posted via CB10
    05-28-16 09:41 AM
    Awesome great news ,new bb10 device, woohooo
    05-28-16 09:43 AM
    As Ben Evan has said, if you say 'install an app on Android in five years' what will that mean?

Install may be to load a web-ish view, app may be an AMP page on Chrome OS and Android? Who knows?

Google probably have an ok idea of the general direction they are taking Android, but then stuff like the EU anti-trust case comes along. The latter may result in an unbundling of Android and Google Play, aka the criteria OEMs must fulfill to get Android.

Given the above, I'm left with the impression of ruling out an upgraded version of BlackBerry10 (probably rebranded to 'QNX for secure mobility' or something like that), that either has an updated android runtime or a hypervisior, as something that will never happen, is a bit strange. Right now it seems unlikely, but.. Stranger things have happened.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-28-16 01:34 PM
    Can you send a link to where BlackBerry literally came out and said this please? I don't wanna hear that "the writing is on the wall" nonsense. Just simple facts is what I am requesting. And if that can't be provided, ur comment is irrelevant like the rest of them.

Posted via CB10
    https://www.google.com/url?q=http://...SN2rcqIm4OgYkA

Google is your friend. Bb10 is dead

Posted via CB10
    05-29-16 01:40 AM
    It's too early to say what happens with BB10...

We don't know what Chen has up in his sleeves.

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    05-29-16 05:53 AM
    He himself said that it is dead. They've let the bb10 developers go.

The only possible life I could see is if it is made open source.

Not sure what BlackBerry would have to gain from that though.

I don't use many apps, but even I must carry my iPhone around for simple apps like tunein radio.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-16 08:55 AM
    https://www.google.com/url?q=http://...SN2rcqIm4OgYkA

Google is your friend. Bb10 is dead

Posted via CB10
    Chen didn't come out and say that BB10 is dead. He just said they currently don't have any BB10 phones lined up for production which isn't the same has saying he's done with BB10.

Posted via CB10
    skinnymike1 and Ernest Xiang like this.
    05-29-16 09:19 AM
    dont you guys realize by now that chen is delusional when he speaks he makes no sense
    drinkmorejava, vpblaze and Doggerz like this.
    05-29-16 09:40 AM
    After watching another interview I feel this man may be mentally unstable.
    05-29-16 10:02 AM
    It's too early to say what happens with BB10...
    But not too early to say that there has been no significant development of BB10 for about a year now, with only security updates for BlackBerry's business and enterprise customers. As long as Chen can convince those customers that he has secured Android to an equivalent level, there won't be any reason for him to consider another BB10 device.
    05-29-16 10:37 AM
    But not too early to say that there has been no significant development of BB10 for about a year now, with only security updates for BlackBerry's business and enterprise customers. As long as Chen can convince those customers that he has secured Android to an equivalent level, there won't be any reason for him to consider another BB10 device.
    If you like BB10, enjoy it now while you can and load up on your BB10 devices.
    05-29-16 10:48 AM
    As Ben Evan has said, if you say 'install an app on Android in five years' what will that mean?

Install may be to load a web-ish view, app may be an AMP page on Chrome OS and Android? Who knows?

Google probably have an ok idea of the general direction they are taking Android, but then stuff like the EU anti-trust case comes along. The latter may result in an unbundling of Android and Google Play, aka the criteria OEMs must fulfill to get Android.

Given the above, I'm left with the impression of ruling out an upgraded version of BlackBerry10 (probably rebranded to 'QNX for secure mobility' or something like that), that either has an updated android runtime or a hypervisior, as something that will never happen, is a bit strange. Right now it seems unlikely, but.. Stranger things have happened.

The time horizon for happens to BB10 and BB devices in general is less than a year. Far too short to rely on governments when the EU has been trying to constrain Google's dominance in search for over half a decade threatening billions in fines with no success. Plus the issues of the Playstore is not which devices Google has to license it to but whether they can force other Google apps along with it. Nothing to do with BB10.

You'll have to find another pipe dream cause this one is smoked.
    Ronindan and JeepBB like this.
    05-29-16 11:26 AM
    The time horizon for happens to BB10 and BB devices in general is less than a year. Far too short to rely on governments when the EU has been trying to constrain Google's dominance in search for over half a decade threatening billions in fines with no success. Plus the issues of the Playstore is not which devices Google has to license it to but whether they can force other Google apps along with it. Nothing to do with BB10.

This is what some BB 10 fans been reduced too - hoping some misfortune happens to a BB competitors in the hope that somehow, some way it will benefit BB - kinda sad really.
    JeepBB likes this.
    05-29-16 11:32 AM

The main point I was trying to make was more on the bigger picture, aka 'who knows?'.Mobile isn't a neutral platform, so personally I think JC is executing a tactically smart play by keeping BB10 in maintenance mode while expanding to Android. BB10 is sunken cost after all, and he had to do it for the IoT initiative that they started with the Radar.

And the antitrust case has everything to do with the future of Android on BB10, or it could have. Read bullet 2 in the below article for reference.

http://fortune.com/2016/04/21/eu-google-antitrust/

I'm writing this on a Priv, so that should tell you something about where I think the wind is blowing.

05-29-16 12:57 PM
    This is what some BB 10 fans been reduced too - hoping some misfortune happens to a BB competitors in the hope that somehow, some way it will benefit BB - kinda sad really.
    A different way of saying that is to say that some BB10 fans are hoping for a shift in market dynamics to ones more beneficial for BlackBerry's core strengths. And that's kinda business 101.

elfabio80 and danielsamwel like this.
    05-29-16 01:01 PM
    So maybe after 10.4 we will see a new bb10 device and update 10.3.3 is all in the hands of goverments.

When BlackBerry not update android runtime and more apps moving away from 4.3 then I will move away from bb10.

Posted via CB10
    Once again you can see the know it alls responses to your post. Don't worry about bb10 it will run just fine, new devices. Chen is going to wait to see the corporate/government response as the OS changes and inproves. As for runtime it will have to evolve as the OS does, it cannot be static and secure. But the know it alls will screech about this as well. Just enjoy your phone let the idiots screem about things they know nothing.........but will tell you what to do.

Woof!
    Last edited by thatguyusa; 05-29-16 at 04:44 PM.
    05-29-16 01:02 PM
    Once again you can see the know it alls responses to your post. Don't worry about bb10 it will run just fine, new devices. Chen is going to wait to see the corporate/government response as the OS changes and inproves. As for runtime it will have to evolve as the OS does, it cannot be static and secure. But the know it alls will screech about this as well. Just enjoy your phone let the idiots screem about things they know nothing.........but will tell you what dot do.

Woof!
    Well said. Every post I see on the subject (and there are far too many of them) I want to say the same thing. If you enjoy the OS like I do, then just enjoy it. Chen, Watsa & Co. Know it's the best thing on the planet that's why they've been fighting to keep it alive. I have other devices, but I keep going back to BB10 because it is remarkably efficient for those of us who need to be efficient. As long as my BlackBerry 10 devices (Passport Z10, Z30) keep working, which will probably be for at least a few years I'll use them. When they don't, I'll figure it out then.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-16 02:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    No link because these are his prayers

Posted via Priv (soon to be replaced with Passport SE)
    05-29-16 03:30 PM
    Once again you can see the know it alls responses to your post. Don't worry about bb10 it will run just fine, new devices. Chen is going to wait to see the corporate/government response as the OS changes and inproves. As for runtime it will have to evolve as the OS does, it cannot be static and secure. But the know it alls will screech about this as well. Just enjoy your phone let the idiots screem about things they know nothing.........but will tell you what dot do.

Woof!
    Spot on! I think some here have the T&C's of Googles OHA tattoo'd on their body somewhere.

Anything can change in time. I think of how the EU is fighting with Google for how they make manufacturers jump through hoops to use their 'freeware OS'. All it takes is Google to get enough hassle sent their way, and for them to be pushed into a position where they have to change their conditions.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-16 03:57 PM
79 123 ...