Swiftkey (yes that same Swiftkey that actually provides the engine to do this heatmap) has been doing it on Android for a while. I have it on my GNote but I have been using SwiftKey Flow and for Flow a heatmap isn't important and it's not in there.

Here is a link on the SwiftKey site to show it off. It will look familiar for a reason. (Cue the - it's not native calls...)

What does "My typing heatmap" mean?

BTW SwiftKey X is 3 versions ago...
    01-18-13 10:42 PM
    The video posted shows the calibration of it on an HTC running android, using one sentence... and just moves the touch targets, same as windows phone, just makes the touch targets larger or smaller depending on where you press and the area in which you press for a certain key.

heat mapping is entirely different than that, it can do the same as mentioned above but also adjust to time pressed, so if the P key is closest to my thumb, i might press it quickly with a small area of the tip of my thumb vs. a long reach to the T key with a longer press with more area... its more advanced than changing touch target size....

^^^ SwiftKey X was 3 versions ago, but theyre still using it in the latest iteration of the technology.

The only thing the new BB10 keyboard is lacking from the actual swiftkey app are themes and wordflow... but both of these cannot be discounted yet as we do not have a final device in our hands yet.... we do know, the predicted words are in a more useful spot, it really is better having the words float above the next letter in the word, you can not argue that.
    01-19-13 11:57 PM
    Please post a link to prove. I hear constantly post stating competition has this but never any proof.

G.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    01-20-13 01:53 AM
    Yeah so android has this tech. Iphone has this tech. Windows phone prob has this tech. BB10 will have this tech. The OP was about a RIM rep explaining some ideas about the tech. I don't see how it warrants a battle of one upmanship tbh
    01-20-13 04:04 AM
    Yeah so android has this tech. Iphone has this tech. Windows phone prob has this tech. BB10 will have this tech. The OP was about a RIM rep explaining some ideas about the tech. I don't see how it warrants a battle of one upmanship tbh
    I think because people keep claiming the BB10 has these great revolutionary features that no other phone has, when in reality Android has had almost all of them for years.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    01-20-13 07:30 AM
    The video posted shows the calibration of it on an HTC running android, using one sentence... and just moves the touch targets, same as windows phone, just makes the touch targets larger or smaller depending on where you press and the area in which you press for a certain key.

heat mapping is entirely different than that, it can do the same as mentioned above but also adjust to time pressed, so if the P key is closest to my thumb, i might press it quickly with a small area of the tip of my thumb vs. a long reach to the T key with a longer press with more area... its more advanced than changing touch target size....

^^^ SwiftKey X was 3 versions ago, but theyre still using it in the latest iteration of the technology.

The only thing the new BB10 keyboard is lacking from the actual swiftkey app are themes and wordflow... but both of these cannot be discounted yet as we do not have a final device in our hands yet.... we do know, the predicted words are in a more useful spot, it really is better having the words float above the next letter in the word, you can not argue that.
    I said that because I wanted folks to know it's been in the Android version of SwiftKey since X, and continues in 3. We agree on this.

I looked and it's not there in Flow, unless they moved it to a different location, but - Flow is different and a heat map has less significance in a keyboard like this, in fact if you use Flow 100%, heat mapping would have no significance at all. I have to say I started forcing myself to use it, had to remind myself, because I wanted to try it - give it a good chance - and the more I use it the more I like it. The prediction is unreal and no "flicking" required. If the word is right just take your hand up for a second and then move on to the next word. I think for those who can use it, it's a tremendous innovation because of the predictive engine.

edit: I should have read down one more post before making this because there it is in Flow - found it, though my point about it being less important in Flow stands.
    01-20-13 10:04 AM
    I said that because I wanted folks to know it's been in the Android version of SwiftKey since X, and continues in 3. We agree on this.

I looked and it's not there in Flow, unless they moved it to a different location, but - Flow is different and a heat map has less significance in a keyboard like this, in fact if you use Flow 100%, heat mapping would have no significance at all. I have to say I started forcing myself to use it, had to remind myself, because I wanted to try it - give it a good chance - and the more I use it the more I like it. The prediction is unreal and no "flicking" required. If the word is right just take your hand up for a second and then move on to the next word. I think for those who can use it, it's a tremendous innovation because of the predictive engine.

edit: I should have read down one more post before making this because there it is in Flow - found it, though my point about it being less important in Flow stands.
    The screenshots I posted are the flow heat map in my phone, if that helps.

01-20-13 10:48 AM
    If the iphone already has this then what's up with all the "damn that autocorrect" moments lol? We can safely say it's useless in the iphone.
    01-20-13 10:57 AM
    Great video. Nicely explains hub and how the keyboard works.
    Worth a wagch
    01-20-13 11:04 AM
    01-20-13 11:21 AM
    If the iphone already has this then what's up with all the "damn that autocorrect" moments lol? We can safely say it's useless in the iphone.
    Yes...because a few goofs makes it totally useless for the other 99% of the time...
    01-20-13 11:24 AM
    Words predicted 0?
    Just flashed a ROM and reinstalled swiftkey. Settings were reset due to that.

01-20-13 12:10 PM
    I didnt' realize "Heat Mapping" and Autocorrect software were the same things? Oh right, they're not..
    darkehawke, Admorris and mikeo007 like this.
    01-20-13 12:39 PM
    I think because people keep claiming the BB10 has these great revolutionary features that no other phone has, when in reality Android has had almost all of them for years.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

OP Quote "Pretty sure the competition doesnt have this"

Hmmm indeed I do see now, Oh well.... Carry on
    01-20-13 07:03 PM
39 12