03-09-17 03:32 PM
84 1234
tools
    Not sure why you would feel that HTC, Sony or Samsung would be better? I can tell you that Samsung is bloated with software and will slow down in six months. Sony tries to give you their own take on android flavor and I don't like their design or taste. I understand HTC isn't too bad but still bloated, just not to the extent that Samsung has packed in.
    My favorite kind of Crackberry poster. The "If BlackBerry makes a phone with one feature I don't like then I will buy an iPhone" guy.
    12-16-16 10:15 AM
    Hey just remember, we're going to have nokias again soon. That's always an option

Posted via CB10
    12-16-16 11:07 AM
    Take care OP - you will be missed
    12-16-16 12:35 PM
    I have BB10 for personal, and I'm forced to use an iPhone for work.

The worst day on BB10 is still better than any iPhone moment.

Been using BlackBerry for a very long time. Will continue on BB10 until the servers shut down.

Use what works best for you.
    This statement confuses me. Exactly what servers have to shut down that keeps your BB10 device from operating?
    12-16-16 02:07 PM
    I guess BB should of actually told people that they sold phones. Everyone who sees my Passport Silver thinks its the best phone that they have ever seen. Alas, the dream is dead along with BB10.
    The rollout of BB10 in 2013 with Advertising showed that nobody wanted the BlackBerry ecosystem at levels that would ever breakeven let alone be profitable.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    12-16-16 02:09 PM
    Couldn't agree more. If people wouldn't be so stubborn they would give it a try and see how good it is, more people would use it and there would be millions of apps for BlackBerry which makes more people want to use blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    What they should do is preload the phone with the top 20 apps that people use. Even if it means having Android ports. Most users can't even tell the difference between native and droid port. They can also focus efforts on making the Android subsystem work with just those apps, probably less work.

For the average end user, all they see is a nice phone with apps all ready to go. Most/all those apps are normally free anyways.
    12-16-16 02:16 PM
    This statement confuses me. Exactly what servers have to shut down that keeps your BB10 device from operating?
    I was being metaphorical. Figurative. I will use BlackBerry 10 until the bitter end.
    12-16-16 03:00 PM
    I use m.uber.com and if you have trouble logging into it, you need to let their support team to allow your account to use the mobile version of their site. Works great.

Posted via CB10
    I've used both the mobile site and the patched app. The patched app is slightly better for me. I could not cancel rides on the mobile site. Maybe the update to the browser has fixed.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-16 03:20 PM
    The rollout of BB10 in 2013 with Advertising showed that nobody wanted the BlackBerry ecosystem at levels that would ever breakeven let alone be profitable.
    At the time of the rollout, the OS was a mess. Management did nothing to educate people how the OS was different. Also, the Z10 was underpowered and had no keyboard.

Plus, what advertising after the Superbowl? Do we need to keep this discussion going? People can disagree on this so don't state it as fact.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-16 03:23 PM
    My favorite kind of Crackberry poster. The "If BlackBerry makes a phone with one feature I don't like then I will buy an iPhone" guy.
    Not sure what sparked this nonsense?

Posted via CB10
    12-16-16 04:03 PM
    Except maybe Google, but BB is more secure.
    Two issues with that. First, Nougat versus Marshmallow; Nougat is fairly concerned with security, especially stuff like file-based encryption that BlackBerry can't implement if they're on Marshmallow. But, once BlackBerry gets around to Nougat (I've heard Q1 2017) that becomes a moot point. Second, and more importantly, update lag. There have been some inconsistencies with updates, mostly for the DTEK50 and those poor, poor, American Priv owners, such that the billed "rapid updating" isn't happening; if one is fortunate enough to have a factory unlocked Priv/DTEK60 then the playing field is more level with Google.

I still agree that the style of BB Android is one of the better ones out there, mostly because it deviates very little in look and feel from Google's version.
    12-16-16 04:12 PM
    At the time of the rollout, the OS was a mess. Management did nothing to educate people how the OS was different. Also, the Z10 was underpowered and had no keyboard.

Plus, what advertising after the Superbowl? Do we need to keep this discussion going? People can disagree on this so don't state it as fact.

Posted via CB10
    Hindsight provides the proof. Cutting the legs out from BB10 when they did was $1 Billion write-down. If they could have spent 1/2 that on marketing it would have been worth it. Without ecosystem, BlackBerry knew they didn't have the money or resources so they stopped advertising to conserve money hoping to avoid bankruptcy. Microsoft with infinite resources and huge traditional marketshare hasn't been able to get marketshare in the mobile space with advertising.
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    12-16-16 04:16 PM
    Had a Bold, Curve, Storm1, Storm 2, Z10 and now a Z30. The BB10 OS is great and the Hub is perfect. But I NEED WhatsApp for offshore business. If there's an immediate problem I WhatsApp. It shows it's sent, shows it's relayed to the receiver's phone and shows when it's read. I'd certainly like Uber and a few more. I'm on Verizon, I need the service where I live and where my office is so I'm SOL with the DTEK, GSM only and I don't want a phone the size of a tablet.
    12-16-16 07:15 PM
    To the OP

🙋

BYE!

 Q10 SQN100-5/10.3.3.2049 T-Mobile with Wi-Fi calling
    Lol
    The_Passporter likes this.
    12-16-16 07:41 PM
    Remember, you ARE unique....just like everyone else.
    Yeah, I corrected that, it's my next phone that won't be so unique.
    12-16-16 07:45 PM
    Oh please! Eventually people get left behind on any platform if the chose not to evolve like the rest of humanity.

Posted via CB10
    I guessing you drive really fast in your black Audi... beep beep
    The_Passporter likes this.
    12-16-16 07:52 PM
    Had a Bold, Curve, Storm1, Storm 2, Z10 and now a Z30. The BB10 OS is great and the Hub is perfect. But I NEED WhatsApp for offshore business. If there's an immediate problem I WhatsApp. It shows it's sent, shows it's relayed to the receiver's phone and shows when it's read. I'd certainly like Uber and a few more. I'm on Verizon, I need the service where I live and where my office is so I'm SOL with the DTEK, GSM only and I don't want a phone the size of a tablet.
    Uber can work! I'm in an Uber now. Search the forums.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-16 12:56 AM
    The BBOS10 is by far the best OS for mobile phones. Even so it still needs to be updated every now and then. I've used a BlackBerry since 2001 when BlackBerry OS was rubbish. When the Z10 was launched the new OS10 was good enough to save BlackBerry. This OS10 in the hands of a company like Apple who know how to market would have been a huge success. I was hoping BlackBerry licenced the OS to apple. On the other hand Apple are becoming secure devices so that maybe my next device. Yes it hurts to say that but I will not be bullied into buying Android no matter who makes it. And as for BlackBerry who now claim to be only a software company, what software? Patched up android? Very very poor

Posted via CB10
    markmall and David Tyler like this.
    12-17-16 05:04 AM
    ... Oh yeah I almost forgot, thanks Blackberry for making Blackberry Link no longer work with the new upgrade to Windows 10. Now Windows 10 works and Blackberry Link is dead in the water...
    That is too bad for now, but more perplexing is why you would migrate to Windows 10, the biggest spy-on-you platform out there. Microsoft has access to all your data, and it's very hard to reduce the level of intrusion. Google it.

I'm on unsupported XP. Link still works perfectly for my backup and Remote File Access purposes. If I move to a newer Windows os, it will probably be 7, certainly not 10.
    12-17-16 08:55 AM
    Uber can work! I'm in an Uber now. Search the forums.

Posted via CB10
    That's the problem, we have to find the steps, find the working version of the app, follow some others steps to finally install an app and pray it will work right, and then repeat everything again for another app or a simple update. Bb10 is nice but it's more than done. I don't think blackberry can afford making another bb10 phone without suffering a huge negative financial impact

Posted via Passport SE
    12-17-16 08:57 AM
    It took me just a few minutes for Uber. Once you find solutions for the few key apps, I think BB10 is still more than worth it.

Also, let's not forget that other platforms have their issues even if they have large user bases. (Maybe not iOS so much.)

Posted via CB10
    12-17-16 01:28 PM
    Bye

Posted with my beautiful Passport SE
    12-17-16 01:35 PM
    I don't think blackberry can afford making another bb10 phone without suffering a huge negative financial impact
    Posted via Passport SE
    I think the problem is that they don't know how to sell them.
    12-17-16 04:12 PM
    Ha ha lol
    12-17-16 09:19 PM
    What they should do is preload the phone with the top 20 apps that people use. Even if it means having Android ports. Most users can't even tell the difference between native and droid port. They can also focus efforts on making the Android subsystem work with just those apps, probably less work.

For the average end user, all they see is a nice phone with apps all ready to go. Most/all those apps are normally free anyways.
    How about android apps in BlackBerry world
    12-17-16 09:24 PM
84 1234