I have upgraded to the latest BB OS 10.3.3 and my BMO bank app works fine. I think OS 10 is a great system but because I have never used any other device than Blackberry, I can't make comparisons with other OS's

Posted via CB10
    12-17-16 11:12 PM
    you're so wrong when it comes to BlackBerry 10 because I think is the best operating system ever created for Mobile devices.

Posted via CB10
    LOL
    12-18-16 12:37 AM
    What they should do is preload the phone with the top 20 apps that people use. Even if it means having Android ports. Most users can't even tell the difference between native and droid port. They can also focus efforts on making the Android subsystem work with just those apps, probably less work.

For the average end user, all they see is a nice phone with apps all ready to go. Most/all those apps are normally free anyways.
    If you think that won't get BlackBerry sued into bankruptcy, you must be dreaming. Any phone that has a 3rd party app pre-installed has gotten permission from that app's developer to do so.

...then again 75% of this forum is baseless dreaming.

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    12-18-16 05:31 AM
    BlackBerry 10 maybe be sinking but a captain always goes down with their ship.

BB10 will outlast Android! Just you wait! Stage 1: denial
    12-18-16 07:43 AM
    BlackBerry 10 maybe be sinking but a captain always goes down with their ship.

BB10 will outlast Android! Just you wait! Stage 1: denial
    trump.

Posted via CBX
    12-18-16 08:28 AM
    Everyone use what he needs. If BB doesn't satisfy you, than jump to other OS. I don't see point of winning here.
    I use ipad, iphone, blackberry and s7edge. It depends of my needs...
    Last edited by Miljan Milosavljevic; 12-18-16 at 03:01 PM.
    12-18-16 08:44 AM
    How about android apps in BlackBerry world
    What is the difference between your idea and having the amazon app store available?

You should remember that BB cannot just take Android apps and put them in BB world without permission from developers. And if some developer doesn't support the amazon app store, they sure as hell not gonna allow their android app in BB world.
    12-18-16 09:13 AM
    The Priv is going to be my last BlackBerry unfortunately. I'm not buying a Alcatel rebranded devices that don't have the signature BlackBerry feel and look. I'd rather buy a HTC, Sony or Samsung next time.
    I dropped Blackberry for Sony, haven't looked back, performance is excellent, apps are available and actually work, updates arrive when they are supposed to. It's a whole new experience.
    12-19-16 10:20 PM
    Since this is a BBOS appreciation thread, rather cheeky, I'd like to point you the greatest reason why you should leave BBOS. I have unfortunately kinda left it, but since this small documentary I am seriously considering having the Z10 again. My wife has a Classic. Please do watch this short documentary/research video, and embrace Android, for one good reason: allowing the public to know all there is to know about you through your phone. Ah, the brave new world. Enjoy the bathroom with glass walls, so to speak.
    Disclaimer: I may post this over multiple threads.

12-20-16 03:31 AM
    embrace Android, for one good reason: allowing the public to know all there is to know about you through your phone.
    You do know that all these features can be turned off, don't you?
    12-20-16 05:04 AM
    @ op BlackBerry is not what it was/what it could have been; BlackBerry is what it is, its either you like it or move to the many other option BlackBerry and other OEMs have with android.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-16 09:16 AM
    The irritating thing with blackberry OS is a bug with sharing pictures and videos on smart tv screen. Mostly it doesn't work. And they never sorted that out
    12-20-16 08:18 PM
    Not sure why you would feel that HTC, Sony or Samsung would be better? I can tell you that Samsung is bloated with software and will slow down in six months. Sony tries to give you their own take on android flavor and I don't like their design or taste. I understand HTC isn't too bad but still bloated, just not to the extent that Samsung has packed in. The one thing that bothered me the most about android was the Tracking, typing, ads, battery life and buggyness of the OS.

My Passport run the same as the day I got it and does all that I need out of the box with no need to download apps to get everything done. Like we've discussed in these forums before there are HTML 5 websites that can provide the same experience as a solution to the app gap when needed.

I think that there is s drawback on every phone and there is no perfect phone but the Passport is amazing.

Posted via CB10
    I agree I think my Passport will serve well for quite some time. I don't need Snap chat so.... lol

Q10 (SQN100-3 : 10.3.2.158), Passport (SQW-100 : 10.3.2.2474)
    12-20-16 08:51 PM
    Not sure why you would feel that HTC, Sony or Samsung would be better? I can tell you that Samsung is bloated with software and will slow down in six months. Sony tries to give you their own take on android flavor and I don't like their design or taste. I understand HTC isn't too bad but still bloated, just not to the extent that Samsung has packed in. The one thing that bothered me the most about android was the Tracking, typing, ads, battery life and buggyness of the OS.

My Passport run the same as the day I got it and does all that I need out of the box with no need to download apps to get everything done. Like we've discussed in these forums before there are HTML 5 websites that can provide the same experience as a solution to the app gap when needed.

I think that there is s drawback on every phone and there is no perfect phone but the Passport is amazing.

Posted via CB10
    You're assuming that I'll run stock, which I won't, I'll be putting on CM Mod which is always lightening fast.

There is no HTML website for Snapchat and Facebook Messenger with the features I use and need.
    12-27-16 07:59 PM
    You're assuming that I'll run stock, which I won't, I'll be putting on CM Mod which is always lightening fast.

There is no HTML website for Snapchat and Facebook Messenger with the features I use and need.
    For Messenger you could try Disa.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-16 03:42 AM
    You mean that CyanogenMod that just announced its own death?
    12-28-16 07:25 PM
    That is too bad for now, but more perplexing is why you would migrate to Windows 10, the biggest spy-on-you platform out there. Microsoft has access to all your data, and it's very hard to reduce the level of intrusion. Google it.

I'm on unsupported XP. Link still works perfectly for my backup and Remote File Access purposes. If I move to a newer Windows os, it will probably be 7, certainly not 10.
    My desktop is too new for XP, which was a good system. But I had too upgrade to Windows 10 because the previous system was unstable. Windows 10 has been more stable. But I am not able to back up my Classic.
    Don't move to 7, you won't like it...!
    And Google isn't exactly....non- intrusive, now is it?
    12-29-16 10:08 PM
    @ op BlackBerry is not what it was/what it could have been; BlackBerry is what it is, its either you like it or move to the many other option BlackBerry and other OEMs have with android.

Posted via CB10
    I guess you missed that I will be moving, because I don't like what Blackberry has become. It was sufficient until I got the Classic...And until the company now is a smaller boat adrift I'm a bigger sea, without a sail, rudder or compass. They keep getting worse...If you really think they are better, then that's fine, believe but as you do.
    I don't want my Blackberry to be inferior to its older incarnations which were better than their contemporaries.
    12-29-16 10:19 PM
    I do like my Passport and wish it did have more apps but to people who keep hammering OP....OP is correct.

BlackBerry screwed up, truth will set you free.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-17 10:36 AM
    The irritating thing with blackberry OS is a bug with sharing pictures and videos on smart tv screen. Mostly it doesn't work. And they never sorted that out
    When it works fine, there is nothing for them "to sort out".

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    01-06-17 11:33 AM
    The signature BB look & feel comes mostly from the OS for those non-physical-keyboard devices. And BB flavoured Android is much better than anything you can get from other manufacturers. (Except maybe Google, but BB is more secure.) Plus you get the BlackBerry apps for free.
    Yeah and I can get all those BlackBerry apps on my BB10 so no need to leave the best OS ever created by man. Samsung and the rest can take a seat in the back row.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-17 09:21 PM
    The Priv is going to be my last BlackBerry unfortunately. I'm not buying a Alcatel rebranded devices that don't have the signature BlackBerry feel and look. I'd rather buy a HTC, Sony or Samsung next time.
    Yes because a HTC, Sony, or Samsung will definitely have the BlackBerry feel and look...
    01-07-17 04:19 PM
    Lol BlackBerry left you behind (with BBOS 7) long time ago.. and let me tell you, you're so wrong when it comes to BlackBerry 10 because I think is the best operating system ever created for Mobile devices.

Posted via CB10
    Could you tell how this OS is the Best in 3or4 points please?
    01-28-17 02:24 AM
    West definetly misses for BlackBerry lovers. 1. Managing the device as it was possible with BlackBerry OS 7. Like your own personnal IT with a desktop software. Making One shot multi task update by yourself.
    2. The Link program is dead.
    3. The is no Cloud and restore fonction embed.
    that is not so simple to rénover all your stuff. Not simple as windows mobile. Productivity it is a form factor and device thing but not only. Facebook ang Facebook messager are major App, either instagram shopping apps etc.

For thèse like me, BlackBerry os is more like toomuch conservatrice kikat version. After having using a windows phone for 6 montés that is perfectly conservatrice. Win 10 mobile is: Easy to use, productive, complète and native, fully restorable without thinking. M'y data were transfert to m'y two PC within an hour! And the dtek App Hub looks more like gadget apps. The passport form factor and quality was and still atrative BUT!
    Last edited by franqueb; 01-28-17 at 02:59 AM.
    01-28-17 02:32 AM
    My desktop is too new for XP, which was a good system. But I had too upgrade to Windows 10 because the previous system was unstable. Windows 10 has been more stable. But I am not able to back up my Classic.
    Don't move to 7, you won't like it...!
    And Google isn't exactly....non- intrusive, now is it?
    Windows 8.1 is the best! It's a stripped down, turbo charged Windows 7.

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    01-28-17 05:28 AM
84 1234