I am more than disappointed, and I've been around with Blackberry since my 8830. The Bold 9930 was the best I think there was...the Classic is anything but classic. BB10 is terrible. It's serves too many masters and none of them effectively.

Carry on....die hards... I' ve had enough.

I will live with a new phone one day that connects, works and is accepted anywhere. My phone will no longer be unique... but maybe it will be better than what Blackberry has to offer, which is a continuation of excuses or lies about its progress.

Oh and it's funny that I have NEVER received a single email from Blackberry about a new product or feature. If anyone has ever received an email from Blackberry about new products please share this. On other devices such as the iPhone or Android, they come all the time....

Oh yeah I almost forgot, thanks Blackberry for making Blackberry Link no longer work with the new upgrade to Windows 10. Now Windows 10 works and Blackberry Link is dead in the water. No word on a fix to the desktop software from Blackberry either...and if they did they would never tell me about it either. The only place I could hope to hear that information is here with the CrackBerry community. So I don't have a desktop software and a phone that now permits backup, file transfer or easy migration...

I'm not criticizing my CrackBerry friends, in fact the CrackBerry community IS the only reliable source for accurate information about Blackberry. Since I personally don't have any friends or acquaintances who currently use a Blackberry I feel rather isolated, so to speak. (And no...I don't live in a cave and yes I happen to know more than 3 people, maybe 4 or 5 on a good day.)

When I purchased my Classic in May of 2015, Verizon had to go to another store to bring one in, since they couldn't sell their display model. The store manager also explained I was the only one she knew that had been sold in the store, much less the immediate area.

Needless to say, any form of technical support Verizon has been rudimentary at best as far as knowledge of the Blackberry system. At the time AT&T was the only other carrier that carried the Classic. The carriers obviously see little sense in actively supporting this platform anymore. My guess is they hope it goes away, so they don't have to bother.

I wish Blackberry was thriving and had tons of money to put into R&D and marketing. I know they don't market very well, because many/most people don't even know Blackberry exists anymore, and for some, that it ever did!

I'm sad Blackberry left us behind years ago.

Blackberry is dead as I know it.
    Last edited by egule; 12-16-16 at 07:37 PM.
    12-14-16 10:00 PM
    Lol BlackBerry left you behind (with BBOS 7) long time ago.. and let me tell you, you're so wrong when it comes to BlackBerry 10 because I think is the best operating system ever created for Mobile devices.

Posted via CB10
    Vistaus, gugomat, velkod and 6 others like this.
    12-14-16 10:57 PM
    Bb10 is phenomenal but maybe you mean the apps? Not accepted everywhere I guess you do are talking about the apps. My passport obviously cannot run my bank app, an uber or lyft app, in my work they have an app as well and obviously won't be available in this phone, mostly all apps ever created I need to follow like 20 steps to make it work in this phone so I understand. This is exactly why I say Priv feels a lot more complete, so you should get an android blackberry or something else than bb10 or a windows phone

Posted via Passport SE
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    12-14-16 11:08 PM
    12-14-16 11:10 PM
    The Priv is going to be my last BlackBerry unfortunately. I'm not buying a Alcatel rebranded devices that don't have the signature BlackBerry feel and look. I'd rather buy a HTC, Sony or Samsung next time.
    Muaya likes this.
    12-15-16 04:49 AM
    The Priv is going to be my last BlackBerry unfortunately. I'm not buying a Alcatel rebranded devices that don't have the signature BlackBerry feel and look. I'd rather buy a HTC, Sony or Samsung next time.
    Not sure why you would feel that HTC, Sony or Samsung would be better? I can tell you that Samsung is bloated with software and will slow down in six months. Sony tries to give you their own take on android flavor and I don't like their design or taste. I understand HTC isn't too bad but still bloated, just not to the extent that Samsung has packed in. The one thing that bothered me the most about android was the Tracking, typing, ads, battery life and buggyness of the OS.

My Passport run the same as the day I got it and does all that I need out of the box with no need to download apps to get everything done. Like we've discussed in these forums before there are HTML 5 websites that can provide the same experience as a solution to the app gap when needed.

I think that there is s drawback on every phone and there is no perfect phone but the Passport is amazing.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-16 05:07 AM
    I have BB10 for personal, and I'm forced to use an iPhone for work.

The worst day on BB10 is still better than any iPhone moment.

Been using BlackBerry for a very long time. Will continue on BB10 until the servers shut down.

Use what works best for you.
    12-15-16 07:30 AM
    there's a patched version of uber....the android versions of my banking apps work fine....

Posted via CBX
    12-15-16 11:00 AM
    To the OP

🙋

BYE!

 Q10 SQN100-5/10.3.3.2049 T-Mobile with Wi-Fi calling
    12-15-16 11:24 AM
    Had to share your .jpg on Facebook today. Hope you don't mind?

12-15-16 12:05 PM
    I guess BB should of actually told people that they sold phones. Everyone who sees my Passport Silver thinks its the best phone that they have ever seen. Alas, the dream is dead along with BB10.
    12-15-16 01:00 PM
    I guess BB should of actually told people that they sold phones. Everyone who sees my Passport Silver thinks its the best phone that they have ever seen. Alas, the dream is dead along with BB10.
    Gorgeous phone, dead platform

Posted via Passport SE
    12-15-16 01:54 PM
    Had to share your .jpg on Facebook today. Hope you don't mind?
    Very nice of you to ask, but no need to. Of course you can share it... I think it's a good advice.. I posted this earlier in this topic because that guy is whining too much about something that he can change easily. He can sell BlackBerry device and give it up, without whining
    saxxman likes this.
    12-15-16 04:36 PM
    Lol BlackBerry left you behind (with BBOS 7) long time ago.. and let me tell you, you're so wrong when it comes to BlackBerry 10 because I think is the best operating system ever created for Mobile devices.

Posted via CB10
    And that's why they have no more market share because they left a lot of people behind
    12-15-16 06:17 PM
    Thanks for all the comments!
    Last edited by egule; 12-15-16 at 07:41 PM.
    12-15-16 07:24 PM
    I'm not buying a Alcatel rebranded devices that don't have the signature BlackBerry feel and look.
    The signature BB look & feel comes mostly from the OS for those non-physical-keyboard devices. And BB flavoured Android is much better than anything you can get from other manufacturers. (Except maybe Google, but BB is more secure.) Plus you get the BlackBerry apps for free.
    12-16-16 04:29 AM
    And that's why they have no more market share because they left a lot of people behind
    Oh please! Eventually people get left behind on any platform if the chose not to evolve like the rest of humanity.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-16 04:50 AM
    In western markets it was consumers that were leaving BB behind and switching to iOS/Android. When BB10 came out, BBOS 7 was only used by diehards in western markets.
    anon(9803228) likes this.
    12-16-16 05:59 AM
    I am a positive thinker. I lost the ability to hate or raise my voice in anger. I have no use for negativity ! Leaving that behind just gives me more room to love and forgive. I say this because I believe in what you said here only Human nature tends to disregard this.

While I alway speak in a positive forward motion, I do it in a more "in your face way." I've spent about 45 years observing humans all over the world, so many different customs and I'm found the one thing that humans all seen to have in common. STUPIDITY !

Jesus, Lincoln, Gandhi, Medger Evers, Martin Luther King, JKK, RFK and John Lennon all had the same thing in common. They were advocates for Peace. They were all assassinated.,

So, I give it to them without the sugar coating.. but always in a positive manner .

"IF YOU DON'T CHANGE YOUR DIRECTION, YOU'RE LIKELY TO END UP WHERE YOU'RE HEADED."

Besides, I'm tired of hearing about innocent victims. There ARE no innocent victims. . You're ALL guilty. Your birth certificate is proof of your guilt. Period,
    12-16-16 06:39 AM
    there's a patched version of uber....the android versions of my banking apps work fine....

Posted via CBX
    I use m.uber.com and if you have trouble logging into it, you need to let their support team to allow your account to use the mobile version of their site. Works great.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-16 07:16 AM
    I will no longer be unique...
    Remember, you ARE unique....just like everyone else.
    12-16-16 07:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    Couldn't agree more. If people wouldn't be so stubborn they would give it a try and see how good it is, more people would use it and there would be millions of apps for BlackBerry which makes more people want to use blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-16 07:40 AM
    Good point, I guess I meant my phone won't be unique...
    12-16-16 07:50 AM
    Agreed, many after trying Blackberry would love it... Blackberry did a terrible job marketing. But try, it doesn't mean that Blackberry hasnt made some mistakes, they have.
    12-16-16 07:53 AM
    Ako si mu se nagovorio. lol :-)
    12-16-16 08:10 AM
84 123 ...