**************LONG RANTING POST*********************

I have been on CB since August 2009 (at least 5 years after getting my first BB). I have used various BB phones for the past 8 years, including but not limited to, the Pearl, various Bolds and Curves, currently the Z10 and soon the Q10.

After hearing about the FairFax bid for BBRY, I was filled with mixed emotions.
    Since I am not a shareholder, I obviously do not feel their hurt, but I do empathize.

As a consumed, I am relieved that BlackBerry will not have to suffer the glaring and the pointing and the staring any more.
    They now have the excellent chance of ensuring that they at least LEARN from their past mistakes.

And you know what, they may just decide that the consumer market is not where they want to be any more.
    And I am fine with that.
    As long as they make the decision with facts to back it up.

I have known many a forum poster here and have had an enjoyable time.
    It has been my daily diet for years in the past.

Unfortunately, the situation seems to have become that of a nut-house (with more anti-BB nuts than is acceptable).
    I accept the fact that being an online forum, everyone is invited, and has a right and means to express their opinion.

What the invitees should understand is that a lot of us consider this forum to be more than just a forum.
    We all have fruitful lives (so don't even start with the 'get a life' posts) and come here to read about things (good and bad) about BlackBerry and the people at CB (who we've all adopted as an extended family).

But what I see now is that there's probably more bashers now on CrackBerry than supporters. I feel that this latest piece of news (FairFax deal) will also be twisted and the dead horse will be beaten to kingdom come.

I accept that BlackBerry may have stumbled (and often) and this may be partially the reason for all the bashing. But there is an evil that lurks under the surface (yeah, go on, call me names). I have till date never gone over to iMore or any other Apple fan-site and beat the crap(verbally) out because Apple messed up maps (which they weren't experienced with) or point out Android failing at security and malware.

This is not how a true fan responds. You respond by doing things cleanly. You respond by choosing not to feed trolls. You respond by stating facts, not by calling names. You respond in a civilized manner You respond by buying the product that you like, and which works for you, rather than reacting violently to any news.

I may have barely 50 posts to my name but that doesn't make me less of a BlackBerry fan than the guy who may have 10000+.

I have realized over the past few months, that regardless of anything that BlackBerry does, all that will float up will be $#!t (which is what the case usually is).

While I would love to stay on the forums (and I probably will), I make a firm decision today.
    I will not read any comments and will not visit the forums any more, until such time that we can see some decency.

Hope everyone here has an excellent time (BB, iPhone, Android, WebOS, Symbian, all users )
    Just remember to be decent.

There are a lot of people who don't have the requisite knowledge about things.
    If you have a flame war on the forums, no one awards you points for winning, the likes you get are all hollow.
    Take the high road, PM the user whose brains you wanna bash out and take your $#!t private (just like BBRY did and I am doing now).

Have a good one

ghundiraj...

***********RANT OVER***********************
    09-24-13 12:53 AM
    I can understand your feelings, been seeing it a lot the last few days. I follow a simple philosophy: This too, shall pass. I encourage other members to step up and point out where things are getting out of hand, help keep our forums cleaned up. Sometimes it's akin to cleaning the Augean Stables with a toothbrush. But if you need to step back, I understand. Better that than losing it on someone and letting it drag you down.
    ghundiraj likes this.
    09-24-13 01:25 AM
    I feel your pain. I've used CrackBerry off and on through the years but it was not until BB10 that I became a member. I now crawl the threads carefully and no longer spend time on those with worthless speculation or ranting. My time is too valuable to waste on that.

I'm sad to see a fellow CrackBerrian leave and I wish you well.

Posted via CB10 w/ my Q10
    ghundiraj likes this.
    09-24-13 01:38 AM
    I encourage other members to step up and point out where things are getting out of hand, help keep our forums cleaned up. Sometimes it's akin to cleaning the Augean Stables with a toothbrush.
    It's a fine line between being offended personally and offended on a general basis. I don't consider myself to be the best judge of that and that is the main reason why I don't report most posts. I do promise to be on the lookout more (since I won't be posting) and be a white-troll (you know the one who isn't biased about the content, but personal attacks and profanity )

I have taken the high road many a times. The thing that bothers me most, is when there are a lot of insightful posts with intelligent remarks, some people will just come by to drop a load of $#!t on their posts and ruin it for everyone else.
    And there are a lot of repeat offenders, people I see matching the good posts, thread for thread.

I now promise to step up as well (even though I am in step-back mode
    09-24-13 02:23 AM
    Well said, a lot of integrity challenging ideals in this top post, I like it!!

Lots of points even CB Kevin would could use in the next major troll offense.

Posted via CB10
    ghundiraj likes this.
    09-24-13 03:14 AM
    **************LONG RANTING POST*********************

I have been on CB since August 2009 (at least 5 years after getting my first BB). I have used various BB phones for the past 8 years, including but not limited to, the Pearl, various Bolds and Curves, currently the Z10 and soon the Q10.

After hearing about the FairFax bid for BBRY, I was filled with mixed emotions.
    Since I am not a shareholder, I obviously do not feel their hurt, but I do empathize.

As a consumed, I am relieved that BlackBerry will not have to suffer the glaring and the pointing and the staring any more.
    They now have the excellent chance of ensuring that they at least LEARN from their past mistakes.

And you know what, they may just decide that the consumer market is not where they want to be any more.
    And I am fine with that.
    As long as they make the decision with facts to back it up.

I have known many a forum poster here and have had an enjoyable time.
    It has been my daily diet for years in the past.

Unfortunately, the situation seems to have become that of a nut-house (with more anti-BB nuts than is acceptable).
    I accept the fact that being an online forum, everyone is invited, and has a right and means to express their opinion.

What the invitees should understand is that a lot of us consider this forum to be more than just a forum.
    We all have fruitful lives (so don't even start with the 'get a life' posts) and come here to read about things (good and bad) about BlackBerry and the people at CB (who we've all adopted as an extended family).

But what I see now is that there's probably more bashers now on CrackBerry than supporters. I feel that this latest piece of news (FairFax deal) will also be twisted and the dead horse will be beaten to kingdom come.

I accept that BlackBerry may have stumbled (and often) and this may be partially the reason for all the bashing. But there is an evil that lurks under the surface (yeah, go on, call me names). I have till date never gone over to iMore or any other Apple fan-site and beat the crap(verbally) out because Apple messed up maps (which they weren't experienced with) or point out Android failing at security and malware.

This is not how a true fan responds. You respond by doing things cleanly. You respond by choosing not to feed trolls. You respond by stating facts, not by calling names. You respond in a civilized manner You respond by buying the product that you like, and which works for you, rather than reacting violently to any news.

I may have barely 50 posts to my name but that doesn't make me less of a BlackBerry fan than the guy who may have 10000+.

I have realized over the past few months, that regardless of anything that BlackBerry does, all that will float up will be $#!t (which is what the case usually is).

While I would love to stay on the forums (and I probably will), I make a firm decision today.
    I will not read any comments and will not visit the forums any more, until such time that we can see some decency.

Hope everyone here has an excellent time (BB, iPhone, Android, WebOS, Symbian, all users )
    Just remember to be decent.

There are a lot of people who don't have the requisite knowledge about things.
    If you have a flame war on the forums, no one awards you points for winning, the likes you get are all hollow.
    Take the high road, PM the user whose brains you wanna bash out and take your $#!t private (just like BBRY did and I am doing now).

Have a good one

ghundiraj...

***********RANT OVER***********************
    Haha, 'fruitful lives'. Love a pun in the morning!

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 04:01 AM