Really everyone needs to calm down. No matter what phone you use it's still just a phone. What ever happens to BlackBerry isn't going to affect the world much. More important things to worry about than a cell phone.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 05:50 AM
    Calm is good indeed. But for many of us the device is much more than just a phone. This is a pocket full of information and connection power. Any risk to our friend elicits anxiety.

Nonetheless life will go on no matter. And we have great devices for the foreseeable future. Who can tell what tomorrow will bring?

Via CB 10. Bits C000C6078 for news, science, and technology links.
    06-29-13 06:55 AM
    Really everyone needs to calm down. No matter what phone you use it's still just a phone. What ever happens to BlackBerry isn't going to affect the world much. More important things to worry about than a cell phone.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly, people act like the world will stop spinning when it comes to tech sometimes. I think when you get mad or upset about tech its a problem and you just need to get outside more.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Rowan M likes this.
    06-29-13 07:44 AM
    No! It says a lot about their vision.

Why is this company not using an application development model that is backwards compatible? What are they trying to prove to the rest of the mobile platforms from their competitors?

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 07:47 AM
    Life is too short to worry.....enjoy it....

Posted by Z10 STL100-1
    06-29-13 07:50 AM
    No! It says a lot about their vision.

Why is this company not using an application development model that is backwards compatible? What are they trying to prove to the rest of the mobile platforms from their competitors?

Posted via CB10
    Relax its a tech company let them make their own decisions.

06-29-13 08:22 AM
    Seems like they're about to be toast ..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    06-29-13 08:39 AM
    I am device agnostic to a great degree (some of you can see my tagline). Much or All my music, books, pictures, games, data, documents, email, work files, etc. are not strictly tied to my BB. I choose BB because I think it is the best personal device. I will likely keep buying them until stop making them. BB10 is here. You can buy it built into several brand new and shiny devices on much of the planet. Phones are now essentially small DISPOSABLE $100 computers in many markets. Choose the one you like to use and have at it. I for one care nothing about the phone people choose to use but many develop unhealthy attachment to their devices. I second your sentiment. Calm down it is a phone!
    06-29-13 08:43 AM
    Seems like they're about to be toast ..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    The company or bread in a toaster?

06-29-13 09:02 AM
    My main issue is how people are so obsessed with what phone they have and how it has to be the best. And other people are idiots if they don't have the same phone. I've been told I'm and ***** for having a Z10 by people on planes pissed off that I had free Internet. I like my Z10. It does what I need. Simple as that. I don't love a phone. I'll save that for my really hot wife. Maybe it's just a sign of the times. Who knows.

Posted via CB10
    Rowan M likes this.
    06-29-13 09:33 AM
    Exactly, people act like the world will stop spinning when it comes to tech sometimes. I think when you get mad or upset about tech its a problem and you just need to get outside more.

That's not exactly a great way to look at it. What's wrong with having tech as a passion or past time?
    The way someone feels about hiking or kayaking, someone else could feel the same way playing a game on their phone, or swiping through an article on a huge tablet screen.
    In the end, it's all about what stimulates the individuals needs.
    If someone can't get passionate about something they enjoy, then what's the point of living? Or would you prefer to be a zombie, wake up, go to work, come home, eat, sleep, and then get up to do it all over again?
    I think I will continue to enjoy the technology around me. Then when a company I like disappoints on something I was looking forward to (BB10 on PB) I will feel frustrated. Perhaps go for a run to blow off some steam....while using technology to bluetooth some music to my ear buds...

Posted via my Q10 via the awesome CB10 app!
    SK122387 likes this.
    06-29-13 09:39 AM
    That's not exactly a great way to look at it. What's wrong with having tech as a passion or past time?
    The way someone feels about hiking or kayaking, someone else could feel the same way playing a game on their phone, or swiping through an article on a huge tablet screen.
    In the end, it's all about what stimulates the individuals needs.
    If someone can't get passionate about something they enjoy, then what's the point of living? Or would you prefer to be a zombie, wake up, go to work, come home, eat, sleep, and then get up to do it all over again?
    I think I will continue to enjoy the technology around me. Then when a company I like disappoints on something I was looking forward to (BB10 on PB) I will feel frustrated. Perhaps go for a run to blow off some steam....while using technology to bluetooth some music to my ear buds...

Posted via my Q10 via the awesome CB10 app!
    To feel mad about a software update on a 2 year old tablet no matter what the company said is ridiculous. You are supposed to buy something for what it does for you now, not for what you think might come in the future.

06-29-13 10:58 AM
    "Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy." - Bill Gates

Pretty much.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 01:52 AM
    Yeah, it's only a phone, but I'd be so phucking angry if I had to use an Android or iPhone because BlackBerry stopped making new phones. Call me "set in my ways," but I know what I like and what I want. It's a BlackBerry.

I care about technology in my life, and I don't think I need to go outside more...I care about my BlackBerry, my Mac Book Pro, my iPod touch, my PlayBook. They enrich my life in their own ways, and I don't think there's anything wrong with me caring about what happens to BlackBerry and Apple.
    vpblaze likes this.
    06-30-13 02:48 AM
    I do appreciate thee pros and cons to being so passionate about tech devices but to me it is basically just a tool. The Z10 does all that I want from a phone so that is my choice for now. I could never see owning an IPhone as it is an entertainment device and not a work tool. Also the way the carriers and BlackBerry are so secretive about what's going on it doesn't give me much reason to give them or anyone total loyalty. What ever works for everyone.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 08:18 AM
    Sure it's good to be passionate. What i don't get is why it's so competitive and people always birch about what someone else is using.

There's lots of hobbies. I haven't heard anyone get angry at others at the brand of mountain bike they use, or the brand of clothes they wear, brand of home theater equipment etc...

Phone appear to bring out a possessive and competitive attitude like no other.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 09:06 AM