Hello from Finland. Here I can see no difference, at least not yet. Everything is still working as it has worked up til now.

Posted via CB10
    horia_m likes this.
    01-05-22 02:42 AM
    Also, you know.. MS did do the same thing basically.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...1-bb83926d05c5
    And Nokia did, before MS, when they failed to succeed with Symbian Belle.

I was late to everyone, first Nokia, then Windows mobile and last but not least, BlackBerry.
    01-05-22 03:57 AM
    I'm so sad... it's like getting divorced all over again. People just tell you to move on. I wish I could replace feelings on a whim. I guess I gotta go Robot Status now.

Aaahhhhhhhhhhh

Sidenote: I see Blackberry Passports still "new" on eBay...... Insane.
    01-05-22 04:24 AM
    It's the original standalone Accuweather app from BlackBerry World-
    https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post13382407
    Thomas Jo likes this.
    01-05-22 04:38 AM
    A happy January 5th good morning everyone! So far my blackberry world is still working and pin to pin messaging is working.
    Luciano GC likes this.
    01-05-22 06:53 AM
    Received this a text from Freedom Mobile (I have a cheap prepaid account on my Passport) which infers that "the service would not be impacted" after BlackBerry decommision their services. I guess mobile calls and data on Freedom Mobile would work as usual after the kill switch is turned on. So far my calls and data works. One thing I noticed is the "BlackBerry" icon is missing besides my network signal on the top right, but it appears while I'm on WiFi.

Attachment 451513
    Are you sure that message they sent you is not in reference to the cheap non BB10/BBOS phone that was associated to the SIM card/plan, as opposed to your Passport?

Nevertheless, indication that you are able to use data and/or voice/SMS over cellular, while the BlackBerry dots are missing and with WiFI turned off, is I think a significant indication. Can you confirm?
    Last edited by spARTacus; 01-05-22 at 07:45 AM.
    01-05-22 07:15 AM
    As of 8:30 AM EST today, my Z10 is still connecting to the BBM servers. I can use BBM, log in to the Protect and BBID servers, and access BlackBerry World .

Posted via CB10
    01-05-22 07:40 AM
    If everything is still working by March, I'm signing the old Z10 back into my BBID.

01-05-22 07:49 AM
    Also, you know.. MS did do the same thing basically.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...1-bb83926d05c5
    the solution for the EOL Win10Mobile is much more friendlier! It states clear that a lot of things will continue to work. It does not what BB did: give only general information with no details and no differentiation between what will work and what not.
    01-05-22 08:06 AM
    it's the 5th of january, 15:00, in Europe and still no sign of change here. The clock of the bbphone is still perfectly synchronised (seconds are exact).

LE: still there is a sign (?) : if i open "BB protect" it says "bb protect is unavailable / unable to connect to the BBP service. try again later"
    The bb-sign in the upper right corner is still present, next to the 4G and carrier sign. I am on a 4G internet network (no wifi!).
    (otherwise I cannot test other services, as I am not on BBM or BBWorld anymore, I am only using sideloaded apps, etc., which is enough for me).
    Last edited by horia_m; 01-05-22 at 08:19 AM.
    01-05-22 08:09 AM
    Good morning everyone!,

Here in Buenos Aires, everything's still working great on my outstanding BlackBerry Z30 STA100-5 !

It's 4:25 Jan 4 UTC so what's happening to your phones-img_20220105_111411.png

It's 4:25 Jan 4 UTC so what's happening to your phones-img_20220105_111418.png
    Last edited by Luciano GC; 01-05-22 at 08:38 AM.
    01-05-22 08:23 AM
    And Nokia did, before MS, when they failed to succeed with Symbian Belle.

I was late to everyone, first Nokia, then Windows mobile and last but not least, BlackBerry.
    But the difference is no big media 'blitz' with Microsoft or Nokia as I'm seeing with BlackBerry. It's all over the news here.

Plus my Nokia Symbian device continues to work, as it should. My Windows Mobile device also works, the store is available still. BB10 _should_ (dunno) be no different. If you followed the industry standards, it should continue to work as always over cellular and Wi-Fi. Only BlackBerry specific items like BlackBerry World or Protect will be gone.
    01-05-22 09:20 AM
    Are you sure that message they sent you is not in reference to the cheap non BB10/BBOS phone that was associated to the SIM card/plan, as opposed to your Passport?

Nevertheless, indication that you are able to use data and/or voice/SMS over cellular, while the BlackBerry dots are missing and with WiFI turned off, is I think a significant indication. Can you confirm?
    I didn't get the same message. The gave me 5GB data freebie (per month?) in exchange for shutting down BIS.

I can confirm with no Wi-Fi, I still get the BlackBerry symbol, says 4G and I can get online. I only had to manually hack in the correct APN though.
    01-05-22 09:23 AM
    But the difference is no big media 'blitz' with Microsoft or Nokia as I'm seeing with BlackBerry. It's all over the news here.

Plus my Nokia Symbian device continues to work, as it should. My Windows Mobile device also works, the store is available still. BB10 _should_ (dunno) be no different. If you followed the industry standards, it should continue to work as always over cellular and Wi-Fi. Only BlackBerry specific items like BlackBerry World or Protect will be gone.
    That's maybe a difference! I aimed at the attempts the respective companies made to compete with android and iPhone, which turned out to fail in the end.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-22 09:28 AM
    Update. It's 1052 EST time and I created a new bbid for fun on a device I'm willing to brick and it worked. I re-download apps from the store and all I have left to do is reconfigure my email. I'll have to find the link on how to do that again but can't see any problems.

If anyone wants to test BBM with me add me 2BA0F7AC

Posted via CB10
    01-05-22 09:55 AM
    My autoloaded Classic send me this message regularly. Not a problem, just posting out of interest. Also does the 4-button BB symbol top right mean it's still connected to a BB network? As far as I can tell it's ID-free.
    It's 4:25 Jan 4 UTC so what's happening to your phones-img_20220105_091347.png
    01-05-22 09:57 AM
    My autoloaded Classic send me this message regularly. Not a problem, just posting out of interest. Also does the 4-button BB symbol top right mean it's still connected to a BB network? As far as I can tell it's ID-free.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20220105_091347.png 
Views:	30 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	451517

Hi Paul Reichert, it happens the same to me quite often, it's kinda annoying but I don't care.
    01-05-22 10:07 AM
    Hi, I'am in Europe, BB World is not working now!
    What is weird that BB protect account was spontaneously created. I haven't restarted my phone before and was still watching to make sure it's turned off. But the Protect account login works, so I removed the phone..
    01-05-22 10:21 AM

Yeah was able to make calls, text, and use data on my data service with the missing BB dots.

The SIM has always been associated with the Passport and Freedom Mobile had sent a previous decommission notices to this phone knowing it was a BB. But they did sent a follow up text (the one pictured) to apologize and credited my account, they further explained that my service won't be affect due to the decommission. That's what I got from it.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-22 10:29 AM
    ...I can confirm with no Wi-Fi, I still get the BlackBerry symbol, says 4G and I can get online...
    I am not surprised everything still works when/if/with the BlackBerry dots still being displayed. I think @spiculated basically said the opposite, in terms of everything still worked with no BlackBerry dots shown, which I think would be significant.
    01-05-22 10:30 AM
    Yeah was able to make calls, text, and use data on my data service with the missing BB dots....
    Anyone else have any thoughts on how significant this might be?
    @joeldf @conite @Thud Hardsmack @Shuswap @brookie229
    01-05-22 10:47 AM
    Until the shut down actually happens, it's beyond speculation.
    01-05-22 10:49 AM
    https://appworld.blackberry.com/ is down now. I get only "Internal Server Error".

Posted via CB10
    01-05-22 11:04 AM
    Yep, all speculation but it doesn't surprise me that things are still working. It's going to be a patchwork of gradual deterioration imo. Over the next few weeks (days?) services will gradually stop. BBW is now gone.
    01-05-22 11:05 AM
    On what server is the map, that the map -application uses? That's still working.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-22 11:12 AM
292 ... 45678 ...