1) remote gmail searching
    2) ability to file sent items in project specific folders
    3) Holster profiles
    4) key rate settings (for q5/q10)
    5) keyboard shortcuts (# for vibrate, * for lock)
    6) saved email search shortcuts

All of these were on BBOS going back years, some arguably more important that others, but come on! Over a year, and three times that in development and we still don't have some of these basic things in BB10?

I'm starting to lose hope that they even care about legacy users's comments to them via the idea mailbox, and calls to customer support saying their feature request has been escalated to the development team. Depressing, to say the least.

Are there any other BBOS features ONLY that we're missing in BB10?

Posted via CB10 on 10.2.1.1898
    01-13-14 12:22 AM
    I have zero need for any of the features you are requesting. Maybe they aren't a priority to everyone.
    01-13-14 12:28 AM
    I have zero need for any of the features you are requesting. Maybe they aren't a priority to everyone.
    Were you on BBOS before BB10, and/or a power user?

01-13-14 12:32 AM
    Auto On alarm, when the phone is off and alarms are set the phone will power on, on its own.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 01:09 AM
    Absolutely miss the Auto On alarm!

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 01:13 AM
    Auto On alarm, when the phone is off and alarms are set the phone will power on, on its own.

Posted via CB10
    That's probably not going to come, that feature was possible because bbos could go on somewhat of a standby for that to work.

Bb10 doesn't do standby

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    CMcRob and anon(5906760) like this.
    01-13-14 01:15 AM
    Also the whole Power On/ Power Off setting where from ( example ) 2am to 7am you can schedule the phone to shut off and come back on on its own.

Speed dialing from anywhere not just the phone app screen.

Posted via CB10 on 10.2.0.429
    wincyUt and FF22 like this.
    01-13-14 01:20 AM
    Also the whole Power On/ Power Off setting where from ( example ) 2am to 7am you can schedule the phone to shut off and come back on on its own.

Speed dialing from anywhere not just the phone app screen.

Posted via CB10 on 10.2.0.429
    Speed dialing exists from anywhere on 10.2.1

93Aero likes this.
    01-13-14 01:24 AM
    Remote gmail searching likely won't come because they got rid of ActiveSync support... at least for free accounts.
    kbz1960 and sk8er_tor like this.
    01-13-14 01:27 AM
    That's probably not going to come, that feature was possible because bbos could go on somewhat of a standby for that to work.

Bb10 doesn't do standby

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    Hmm. Did not know that.

Why is this? The standby thing..

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 01:30 AM
    Hmm. Did not know that.

Why is this? The standby thing..

Posted via CB10
    He's wrong, don't listen to him. It has nothing to do with a mobile phone not going on standby. We're not dealing with Windows 98 and the Hibernate function.

And stop stuffing up the post with incorrect data/assumptions.

01-13-14 01:31 AM
    All features requested by OP are useless to me, so I don't miss them. However, I can understand their need!
    10.2.1 is pretty good to me !

I agree that I totally miss the auto on/off feature, with and without alarm set up. This was so good to save battery.
    To me, BlackBerry "answered" this with the automatic airplane mode while using bedside mode (which I do all the time)

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 01:34 AM
    All features requested by OP are useless to me, so I don't miss them. However, I can understand their need!
    10.2.1 is pretty good to me !

I agree that I totally miss the auto on/off feature, with and without alarm set up. This was so good to save battery.
    To me, BlackBerry "answered" this with the automatic airplane mode while using bedside mode (which I do all the time)

Posted via CB10
    Guess you're not a power user or ever need to look for email going back past 30 days. Yes yes, I know gmail can now sync forever, but 8 years of gmail crashes my BlackBerry.

And why would you contribute to this if you're only reinforcing a feature left out that's already been mentioned. It's like you people don't know how to read sometimes. I'm looking for feature that I'm missing in the initial list, so if they've been covered, why tell me a sob story on why you also miss said feature.

Geez.

01-13-14 01:35 AM
    Are you on drugs? BBOS never used ActiveSync. BB10 is the first BlackBerry device to EVER support activesync.

Please do your research before un-educatedly commenting on topics you clearly know nothing of.

Can you tone it down a notch? The poster was just adding some input. While you are correct in that BBOS did not use active sync (if not on Exchange, etc.), the remote search was BlackBerry's own implementation when using BIS.

On BB10 Outlook.com uses EAS and does have remote email search. So the other poster is also likely correct, barring BlackBerry writing in some kind of non standard support for this when on IMAP.

Edit: There, fixed it. Lol.
    Last edited by southlander; 01-13-14 at 02:10 AM.
    Q10Bold, curvezzz, Barljo and 10 others like this.
    01-13-14 01:37 AM
    It's not input if it's completely wrong and not accurate. It's garbage and not helpful to the discussion, and the poster should not make blanket, inaccurate statements which could mislead other CB users.

His/her post was not wrong. He's simply making the point that if you are for example using Gmail, and Google had not dropped the free EAS support, you'd likely already have remote search on (free) Gmail, just as it is present on Outlook.com accounts set up on BB10.
    kbz1960 and sk8er_tor like this.
    01-13-14 01:43 AM
    Paul, Michael, Adrian, and all the other software VP's could have included this but they didn't. It's not that BB10 can't do this feature, it's the fact it was left out of BB10. The phone is perfectly capable of doing so, the geniuses up north just haven't implemented it yet.

SirJess makes it sound like it is a hardware limitation, but it is nothing of the sort.

Last edited by elite1; 01-13-14 at 05:09 AM. Reason: Removed quote of deleted post
    01-13-14 01:46 AM
    His/her post was not wrong. He's simply making the point that if you are for example using Gmail, and Google had not dropped the free EAS support, you'd likely already have remote search on (free) Gmail, just as it is present on Outlook.com accounts set up on BB10.
    BBOS NEVER, and I repeat, NEVER, used EAS to connect to any mailbox. Gmail included. That's where he/she/it was wrong.

Southlander, you're usually pretty smart around here, I didn't expect this from you.

01-13-14 01:47 AM
    BBOS NEVER, and I repeat, NEVER, used EAS to connect to any mailbox. Gmail included. That's where he/she/it was wrong.

Southlander, you're usually pretty smart around here, I didn't expect this from you.

Not talking about BBOS. BB10 supports remote email search if using EAS, which until Google took it away, you could do on a free account.
    Q10Bold and kbz1960 like this.
    01-13-14 02:04 AM
    No he's not.

Paul, Michael, Adrian, and all the other software VP's could have included this but they didn't. It's not that BB10 can't do this feature, it's the fact it was left out of BB10. The phone is perfectly capable of doing so, the geniuses up north just haven't implemented it yet.

SirJess makes it sound like it is a hardware limitation, but it is nothing of the sort.

He never said anything about hardware? It's a limitation that bb10 has, it doesn't have a "standby", it has power on and off. They could implement it but why would they when they have "bedside mode" which is basically the same thing. The only difference is that it doesn't turn the signal on automatically at a specific time, instead it turns the signal on when you swipe out of it (if it's enabled).

And I agree, you sound like you're attacking others rather than contributing. Try creating a discussion rather than targeting others.

It's just a phone, no need to start a war over some glass, metal and plastic.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 02:05 AM
    Remember Kevin's words at the end of his videos.. ??
    01-13-14 02:08 AM
    And yeah I will retract where I inferred that BBOS used EAS for Exchange. Shouldn't have wrote that.
    01-13-14 02:08 AM
    Not talking about BBOS. BB10 supports remote email search if using EAS, which until Google took it away, you could do on a free account.
    Not true. Gmail in BBOS did not use EAS (third time I've said this).

EAS was NOT POSSIBLE in BBOS. My spare 9930 still searches gmail remotely just fine, even if I delete and re-add the account contrary to your statement regarding Google discontinuing Exchange support last year

01-13-14 02:09 AM
    Not true. Gmail in BBOS did not use EAS (third time I've said this).

EAS was NOT POSSIBLE in BBOS. My spare 9930 still searches gmail remotely just fine, even if I delete and re-add the account contrary to your statement regarding Google discontinuing Exchange support last year

Lol. I am agreeing with you about BBOS -- YES BlackBerry wrote in special support. On BlackBerry 10 however the support is limited to the standardized support in the EAS protocol as I understand it. Hence it works on Outlook.com but not free Gmail.
    01-13-14 02:14 AM
    Lol. I am agreeing with you about BBOS -- YES BlackBerry wrote in special support. On BlackBerry 10 however the support is limited to the standardized support in the EAS protocol as I understand it. Hence it works on Outlook.com but not free Gmail.
    So back to my OP (geez-la-weez!). BB10 does not have remote gmail support, because they (BlackBerry) have chosen not to implement it, not Google.

01-13-14 02:17 AM
    So back to my OP (geez-la-weez!). BB10 does not have remote gmail support, because they (BlackBerry) have chosen not to implement it, not Google.

Yeah that's solution A. But as the other poster tried to also point out -- if you use an email account that supports EAS, you can get it that way as well. Meaning paid Gmail, Outlook.com, etc.

But if you are using free Gmail and BB10, then BB writing in special support is the only solution.
    01-13-14 02:21 AM
62 123