Probably most of the following apply as well to the Z10.

PHONE APP issues and suggestions:

1. No practical speed dial. It has been widely discussed in the forums. It is probably the number one priority in the phone app. Read the editorial Kevin wrote about it. Brainstorming BB10: Please fix Speed Dialing on the BlackBerry Q10! | CrackBerry.com

and here the video from that article.

2. The contacts from the Contact App and the Phone App are not well synchronized. Contacts from the contact app are not shown when searched for from the phone app. This has been informed and discussed in the forums as well. Here a post about it http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ne-app-836943/

3. When Dialing, the screen doesn't show the number being called from a contact just the label of the number (home, office, mobile, etc). The number is shown just when the call gets connected. In legacy BlackBerry OS and competition OS the number is shown when dialing. this is useful for some people to make sure they are dialing the right number (besides the label of the number) when the contact has more than one listed. See the video mentioned in point number 1 and you will see what I mean when Kevin dials using the BB 9900 and the Q10

in other words: When dialing at the moment the dialing initiates it doesn't show the detail of the number being dialed. It only shows it when the call connects. It would be very useful to show the number that is dialing (name of the field e.g home, office, mobile and the number). Why: to make sure the proper number is being dialed so you can cancel the call if the wrong number is dialed. You don't have to wait until the call connects. (this is a BlackBerry legacy OS feature missing in the OS 10)

4. Pressing the call button with no number on the screen usually (legacy OS) called the last number dialed. That function is not available in OS10. It was very useful to me. Should this feature be added? what do you think?

CONTACT APP issues and suggestions

1. When editing a contact in legacy OS, it was very easy to add an extension number since the option was in the menu, now you have to now that the letter W is the way to go to add an extension number or P to add a pause. The suggestion is to show the options available when editing phone numbers. The current OS10 online manual runs short on any explanation about it. But it is explained in the BB KB, however I believe it should be more comprehensive. So I suggest to add it as a common option in the OS10 contacts app menu. For those interested here is the KB. KB33789-Unable to "dial" or "skip" a phone extension from a contact in BlackBerry 10 if a wait (w) is in the number and another link on the topic from crackberry forum here http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-phone-804591/

2. Cannot easily copy a number from the contact list. When I press & hold the number I want to copy to the clipboard, it doesn't show any options. I have to either edit the contact or call the number and copy it from the calling log.

It has been mentioned here http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...le-q10-830106/

CALENDAR app issue, suggestion
    When an event notification goes off, the snooze time should be selected from a list. In legacy BB7 the option existed after activating the feature, does this feature exists in BB10? The trick for BlackBerry 7 is explained here. New BlackBerry Tip: How to change the Snooze time for calendar reminders directly from the popup! | CrackBerry.com

Briefly, to activate it in BB7 you needed to:
    Step 1: Open the Calendar App
    Step 2: Hit the Menu Key, and Select Options
    Step 3: Type in the letters acsz

EMAIL app issues, suggestions
    1. No auto bcc for sending emails. Please add the feature. That feature existed in BB 7, 6, 5 as far as I remember

2. Add a function to delete autocomplete suggestions emails. There is no way to delete autocomplete suggested emails in case they are wrong or you don't want to see them in the autocomplete suggestion list. The issue has been discussed here http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...mplete-816158/ and also here http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...istory-853618/

REMEMBER App
    1. Should sync tasks and notes with Outlook. It is unbelievable that notes and tasks cannot be sync with outlook. Hopefully including attachments in the tasks.

2. Search option within the app (I understand this is already a feature in 10.2)

----
    I will be adding, correcting or elaborating on the above or more ideas or suggestions in this post.

Let me know your thoughts or ideas.
    Last edited by macberry33; 09-26-13 at 10:09 AM.
    09-25-13 11:12 PM
    Thanks for posting this! Yes, a lot of these features would be great to have. Some of them are quite annoying. Would help if you could post it here :http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...update-769694/

Thanks!
    09-26-13 09:02 AM
    These functions/fixes are so basic it is shameful that this "tested" OS was launched without them. Some actual testing of this platform would have done wonders for this OS. Yet BB decided to launch this embarrassment half-baked.
    09-26-13 09:57 AM
    Thanks for posting this! Yes, a lot of these features would be great to have. Some of them are quite annoying. Would help if you could post it here :http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...update-769694/

Thanks!
    Great! I followed your advised and post them in the suggested thread as well. Thank you.
    09-26-13 10:01 AM
    These functions/fixes are so basic it is shameful that this "tested" OS was launched without them. Some actual testing of this platform would have done wonders for this OS. Yet BB decided to launch this embarrassment half-baked.
    I agree.
    09-26-13 10:02 AM
    Yet they managed to launch a brand new OS with 2x the capabilities of any other OS at their launch and continue to add functionality with every update. BlackBerry is to be applauded.

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4780 O2 UK
    09-26-13 11:59 AM
    Yet they managed to launch a brand new OS with 2x the capabilities of any other OS at their launch and continue to add functionality with every update. BlackBerry is to be applauded.
    2x the capabilities? How so?
    09-26-13 12:11 PM
    Well, I'll name a few for you if you don't know how inferior IOS and Android at their launch compare to BlackBerry 10 at its launch. HD display, HD video recording, video calling over secure messaging app, NFC, image editing software, automatic upload over WiFi of pictures to a cloud service, 70,000 apps at launch.

I think we've established twice as much already, but I can continue if you really need me to.

09-26-13 12:48 PM
    Who cares about Android and iOS at their launch? All that matters is Android and iOS *now* vs. BlackBerry *now*. The other platforms have everything you mentioned now. It's irrelevant what they had when they launched. BlackBerry needed to launch with innovative features at the time of their launch, and they didn't. They launched with a catch-up, me-too platform absolutely filled with bugs, problems, mistakes and omissions.

And what one company was able to do in 2007 is very different from what one company should have been able to do in 2013. The comparison is meaningless, childish and a red herring. But if you must make such a comparison, fine: What Apple did in 2007 was groundbreaking. What BlackBerry did in 2013 was catch up (barely).

So, yes, please go on...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Benjamin_NYC; 09-26-13 at 03:55 PM.
    09-26-13 02:05 PM
    Who cares about Android and iOS at their launch? All that matters is Android and iOS *now* vs. BlackBerry *now*. The other platforms have everything you mentioned now. It's irrelevant what they had when they launched. BlackBerry needed to launch with innovative features at the time of their launch, and they didn't. They launched with a catch-up, me-too platform absolutely filled with bugs, problems, mistakes and omissions.

So, yes, please go on...

Posted via CB10
    Look, you asked and I answered. The thing is, when BlackBerry 10 launched, I and most people knew that it was a new OS. It was obvious that it would have problems and that as the OS matured, those things would be gradually ironed out and corrected. There are improvements with each update and 10.2 brings it up to par. The reason I and many others are early adopters is to watch this OS develop and hopefully blossom into its full potential. Nobody expected an iPhone killer straight out the gate. For me, the 10.1 update was more than good enough, the 10.1MR even better and the 10.2 in my opinion brings it level to and in some areas surpasses the competition. The areas where it falls short are not the things that I need or want and the things it does well are what I value (fluid easy operation and an awesome hub). I am prepared to put up with the little things that are wrong or inadequate because I expected them. If I wanted a tried and tested OS with all the apps on the planet, I'd have gone Apple. But I didn't and I stand by my decision. There's no point in early adoption if you have high expectations and cannot stand disappointment. If you are one of those people, it would have been much better if you'd chosen IOS or Android or even WP. Also, you're wrong, it's fruitless to compare a young OS to a more mature one as they are not the same. Bottom line, you criticise a lot, a LOT. But curiously, you want BlackBerry to succeed don't you? I know that you're enjoying this journey as much as the rest of us but get frustrated. That's understandable, but please realise YOU made the decision to use this platform and that is where responsibility lies, with you. If you really are not happy, why not just move to another platform that would give you less conversation material. It is after all a free world because I'm telling you right now that there's more disappointment, more bugs, more delays and more frustration on the horizon. There's also more developments, new and interesting ways of implementing features and of course the unknown direction that the OS is headed in. I'm in it for the journey. I think that despite your daily gripes, you are too.

09-26-13 04:33 PM