My Outlook.com account doesn't work on my Windows 8.1 laptop either...
    02-04-15 03:59 PM
    I haven't noticed email problems yet, but then again I mostly use gmail, but I do synchronise my contacts with outlook. My problem is when creating a new contact on my phone they get duplicated (both linked to [email protected]).

Posted via CB10
    rvillanu77 likes this.
    02-04-15 04:13 PM
    No problem in US sending or receiving Outlook.com email (3 accounts), but these pesky warning notices of unauthorized sign-on attempts is baffling. If you trace the IP address, they all go back to an internal MS location.
    rvillanu77 likes this.
    02-04-15 04:35 PM
    No problem in US sending or receiving Outlook.com email (3 accounts), but these pesky warning notices of unauthorized sign-on attempts is baffling. If you trace the IP address, they all go back to an internal MS location.
    What server and port are you using? Thanks in advance
    02-04-15 05:11 PM
    Check https://status.live.com/ while login. You can even report an issue there.
    rvillanu77 likes this.
    02-04-15 09:16 PM
    Problem is fixed on my side, I have done nothing and I strart to receive emails through instantly

Posted from my flawless BlackBerry Passport
    rvillanu77 likes this.
    02-05-15 02:30 AM
    Problem is fixed on my side, I have done nothing and I strart to receive emails through instantly

Posted from my flawless BlackBerry Passport
    Me too. There was an issue with Microsoft servers even though MSFT didn't want to admit it. That's my conclusion after spending some time on Twitter and having found more people with the issue.
    02-05-15 02:44 AM
    Mine too, All working now. Seems to have been a Hotmail related issue.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-15 03:10 AM
    Had a reply from MS on this:

Hi,

The IP addresses from Microsoft are generated from when the customer's account is accessed by our system to apply updates to the customer's account. It is the system accessing the account, not any particular individual from Microsoft accessing your account.

We are aware of this and*please be advised that*no one at Microsoft is logging in with the username and password to make changes to*your account. The system accessed the account for routine automated checks and incorrectly generated messages about suspicious activity / profile changes.*

You*should see that no information on the account was actually changed.

Let us know if you face any issue with outlook.com and we will be glad to assist.

Posted via CB10
    rvillanu77 likes this.
    02-05-15 06:04 AM
    I've been noticing my Outlook.com account has been losing its connection the last couple days... I'll notice that I haven't received any emails in a while, then I'll go check the website and see 5 or 6 emails that haven't been sent to my phone.

I decided to look at the settings on my phone vs the recommended settings on Outlook.com and noticed that the server address that my phone automatically inputted wasn't the same as what was recommended on Outlook.com for EAS accounts.

Check the advanced settings of your Outlook.com account on your phone. The server address (according to Microsoft) should be s.outlook.com (Previously the server that BB10 automatically inputted was something with hotmail in it)

I just made this change and everything synced up. Not sure if it will last though, or if I will lose connection again at some point. I'll post again if I lose connection.
    02-19-15 06:53 AM
    I've been noticing my Outlook.com account has been losing its connection the last couple days... I'll notice that I haven't received any emails in a while, then I'll go check the website and see 5 or 6 emails that haven't been sent to my phone.

I decided to look at the settings on my phone vs the recommended settings on Outlook.com and noticed that the server address that my phone automatically inputted wasn't the same as what was recommended on Outlook.com for EAS accounts.

Check the advanced settings of your Outlook.com account on your phone. The server address (according to Microsoft) should be s.outlook.com (Previously the server that BB10 automatically inputted was something with hotmail in it)

I just made this change and everything synced up. Not sure if it will last though, or if I will lose connection again at some point. I'll post again if I lose connection.
    I too find the same issue now and then. No rhyme or reason. I did not change my default server yet. When this happen(s)(ed), I simply went into accounts, chose the account that was not updating and toggled off/on any setting. Pressed save and all returned to normal.
    02-21-15 01:15 PM
    I too find the same issue now and then. No rhyme or reason. I did not change my default server yet. When this happen(s)(ed), I simply went into accounts, chose the account that was not updating and toggled off/on any setting. Pressed save and all returned to normal.
    Yeah I'm thinking my original "solution" wasn't really true. It seems that even after switching my server to s.outlook.com, my Z30 seems to switch it back to the bay---hotmail.com server or whatever it is. I had it happen again today, but it's definitely intermittent and comes and goes. Really wish I could fix it though as push email is essential for me.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 08:10 PM
    Yeah I'm thinking my original "solution" wasn't really true. It seems that even after switching my server to s.outlook.com, my Z30 seems to switch it back to the bay---hotmail.com server or whatever it is. I had it happen again today, but it's definitely intermittent and comes and goes. Really wish I could fix it though as push email is essential for me.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe we'll find someone with a viable solution. I'm sure there are some that have resolved this, even in our greatly diminished Blackberry community.
    02-21-15 09:20 PM
38 12