You Britts are funny! I find I'm reading this in a British accent! LOL that being said, I have never owned a blackberry but am interested in a z10, bbm only works when texting another blackberry user? And if so then I would have to use a third party sms app for all my android using contacts?

Remember what the doormouse said, feed your head!
    02-03-13 12:25 AM
    Yes, you can swap email accounts when forwarding on OS5. I just did it on my Storm 2.
    I stand corrected then...

You Britts are funny! I find I'm reading this in a British accent! LOL that being said, I have never owned a blackberry but am interested in a z10, bbm only works when texting another blackberry user? And if so then I would have to use a third party sms app for all my android using contacts?

Remember what the doormouse said, feed your head!
    No, texting is a totally different thing, think of BBM as Gtalk of sort but just for BlackBerry users, you can text message your friends as usual with the Z10
    02-03-13 12:31 AM
    no need to get personal. But, you sound deluded.
    I thought your summary was a very constructive one... BB should thank you for it
    jesse_h and mount.zed like this.
    02-03-13 12:32 AM
    I have pre ordered 2 devices and after reading your post i still want my two devices, could't find any point to change my mind !!
    jesse_h likes this.
    02-03-13 12:36 AM
    I have pre ordered 2 devices and after reading your post i still want my two devices, could't find any point to change my mind !!
    word of advice, take some time to dig deep in the settings, there is plenty of stuff there that it is totally new to many people, you can learn a lot just digging on those settings
    jesse_h likes this.
    02-03-13 12:40 AM
    The OP clearly hasn't taken the time to learn the device, playing around with the settings. Half the issues are non-existent. Several posts in this thread have already discussed which issues are non-existent.
    jesse_h likes this.
    02-03-13 12:42 AM
    I can't believe they removed remote search on Gmail. That's very inconvenient.
    02-03-13 12:47 AM
    Are you for real? Another clown!

This is a great phone and will get better, send it back then what better phone will you use, exactly?

Take a walk!
    jesse_h likes this.
    02-03-13 12:48 AM
    OP, it actually sounds like you went to as many forums as you could and aggregated every single complaint that anybody has made about the z10 and wrote them all out as your own. Why would someone do something like that? Well probably because you're being paid to do this, you're an instigator, a troll. Thanks for stopping by.
    That's just not fair. If OP makes the **** up, it would be troll. That's not the case. And take a look how many people thanked OP for the summary.
    02-03-13 12:50 AM
    just wondering, why do we need to differentiate the ringtones between email, bbm etc.? when we are able to peek it and choose to entertain it on the spot or do it later. Am i missing something here?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    jesse_h likes this.
    02-03-13 12:53 AM
    Regardless of a few items that were deep inside settings or simply user preference, there are still a crap load of features that BlackBerry has removed from OS 10 that most if not all BlackBerry OS 4,5,6,7 users have become to rely upon. Sure, software updates and such are expected down the road, but what the **** was the delay to "perfect the OS" for?
    This os was built from the ground up, there was no copy and paste. Everything has to be recoded from scratch.
    02-03-13 01:07 AM
    just wondering, why do we need to differentiate the ringtones between email, bbm etc.? when we are able to peek it and choose to entertain it on the spot or do it later. Am i missing something here?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    On my 9860, I set the sound profiles of my work and primary personal email accounts to be loud, some personal email accounts (like the one receiving forum notifications) to be quite
    02-03-13 01:12 AM

Background: I had been waiting years for the new BB10/Z10 and while I would have preferred to get the Q10 simply for it's full clicky keyboard

2. You'll want BBM to work in Landscape mode, because this mode is much more comfortable to type in, especially 2-handed. Currently? Portrait only, sorry.
    So how do you type in landscape on a q10?
    jesse_h likes this.
    02-03-13 01:16 AM
    Have you ever heard of a software update? Geez, just give it some time man. I'm pretty sure most of these you asked for will be pretty damn fixed in future OS upgrades. The device has just been launched don't expect everything to be perfect since this is a first step and improvement to a new OS.

Stop whining like a little kid who wants a perfect RC car that can fly on it at the same time.
    Ask the folks who bought a Playbook at launch what they think about when they hear the phrase, software updates are coming soon; sometime in the future; or in 60 days things will be spectular. Lets truly hope that BB really has changed and recognizes the need to update, enhance, and refine their "infantile" OS in a timely fashion to address some of the shortcomings, errors, mistakes, etc that have been observed by users so far. And timely better be measured in months not eons.
    02-03-13 01:17 AM
    Ask the folks who bought a Playbook at launch what they think about when they hear the phrase, software updates are coming soon; sometime in the future; or in 60 days things will be spectular. Lets truly hope that BB really has changed and recognizes the need to update, enhance, and refine their "infantile" OS in a timely fashion to address some of the shortcomings, errors, mistakes, etc that have been observed by users so far. And timely better be measured in months not eons.
    Ya, except we all knew that their priority was BB 10 and not Playbook OS back then. Now, their only work is making BB10 better.
    jesse_h likes this.
    02-03-13 01:47 AM
    Some good points, but mostly just whining here :S
    jesse_h likes this.
    02-03-13 01:55 AM
    Eh.. to each their own. I love my new Z10. Sure some things are different from BBOS... there are some bugs..and some weird decision making but it's a new OS. I never expected it all to be EXACTLY the same as BBOS.. if that was the case, I'd stick to using my Bold 9900. Thus far, what BlackBerry has done is pretty awesome and I'm 150% positive they're paying close attention to what people want.
    Skeevecr, Vorkosigan and jesse_h like this.
    02-03-13 02:01 AM
    Whiner? That's what I thought initially too, but at least he (OP) made me read through all 9 pages so far and I have learned lots.

I'm still holding out for the Q10. Gonna love it!
    02-03-13 02:08 AM
    I think you're missing something here.

We're not always poking around at our phones, ready to peek into the hub at a moment's notice. Some of us, oddly enough, leave the phone in our holster, on the desk, in a pocket, in a briefcase or on the coffee table.

To be able to "hear" which account an email has come in on based on the notification sound can mean the difference between stopping what you're doing so you can reply to important work messages or ignoring it so you can keep making out with your lady friend on the sofa.

I'm with the OP with these frustrations. When I first got the PlayBook, I was frustrated that its functionality was very limited compared to my OS6 phone. Simple things like being able to email a picture from within the picture app or edit a music playlist.

I'm getting the feeling that the nitty-gritty features of OS5,6,7 phones that elevated them from average communication tools to fantastic ones have been left out in favor of making OS10 more appealing to users who would rather gawk at Angry Birds than fine tune their productivity workflow.

I want to like BB10, I really do. I love my Torch 9800 because it is first and foremost a tool, not a toy. But I fear that switching to BB10 will leave me frustrated much like the PlayBook did, and still does, make me feel.

I'll never understand how and why RIM stopped innovating. It was under Mike and Jim's lead that OS5, 6 and 7 grew to communications powerhouses. But it was also under their lead that the PlayBook was launched lacking such basic features and this de-contenting seems to have spilled over to the BB10 development.

We realize that BB10 is a new OS and features weren't removed but rather just haven't yet been included. But at the same time you can't simply ignore what made the previous OS's such powerful communication platforms to begin with in an effort to appeal to iOS and Android users.
    02-03-13 02:11 AM
    Wow, i can't wait eh. I wonder if those 35 problems will effect my experience
    02-03-13 02:24 AM
    lots of things i can get over or be patient for fixes but if it really isn't instant when switching between portrait and landscape that's a huge negative for me. i feel like my playbook even takes quite a bit longer than an iphone or ipad does it in and it annoys the **** out of me. can anyone confirm that this is a bit of a problem? i'd like to see a video. i noticed in one of the bb video adverts he switched from portrait to landscape and he did it very slowly, i had a suspicion he did it to hide how slow it was. i hope this isn't the case. the red light should always blink with the receiving of anything new and should stay flashing for a decent period of time like every other blackberry. i've heard about this LED problem a few times, seems like such a simple thing, why would it not work the same way.
    02-03-13 03:01 AM
    i'm fine with messages still going to one spot but are you able to open up bbm and check and send messages through the bbm app itself? on os7 i always have messages and then bbm side by side. i use messages from pretty much everything other than bbm messages, for whatever reason i like going into bbm to deal with those. i'm sure there is a reason like being able to see more of the message without opening it or something, i just can't put my finger on it right now.
    02-03-13 03:16 AM
    report it to blackberry I am sure they will fix it in the updates
    02-03-13 03:24 AM
    Can't be bothered to waste my time reading all the comments so will just say. As a Z10 owner, a lot of your gripes are just you haven't taken the time to setup the device options, rest are you trying to find fault rather than accepting this a new and exciting start.
    jesse_h likes this.
    02-03-13 03:55 AM
    I hear a lot of the OP's frustration. Totally valid because we are pretty hxc bunch. It isn't whining, he made a detailed list. A different set of nitpicks ruin WP for me.. And now I pretty much hate WP...

I enjoy my Z10 though, but for me the hub needs the tweaks from the CB review suggests.

My gripes are a few, the texting experience not as nice right now, that delay is real when hitting send, and really kills the UX. I wait to see it go through aswell.
    I also want more message archive or history control- where do my old bbm conversations go?? Can I read them? I had a few saved since OS6.
    I definitely want different sounds for a twitter mention and a direct message too for example. Like wise for facebook.
    In general more advanced options would be welcome.

BUT as so many have already said, BBRY have done well too. I think its excellent, to have no glaring weaknesses at launch, apps aside. I could use the phone stock for a long time, happily.

So how do you type in landscape on a q10?
    Don't be an ***, just because OP wants a qwerty does not mean he should not have a landscape keyboard on the Z.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    02-03-13 04:18 AM
470 ... 678910 ...