Who cares if it's his first post or ten thousandth post...if what he says is well thought out, well written and actually makes sense, isn't that all that matters?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    no, the second part of my post is clearly what matters, staying round to engage with others about it (which as i stated he/she did).

at the end of the day iv been man enough to admit how i first viewed it and also man enough to admit when im wrong. if ya wanna shoot me down for that, then feel free, because my conscience is clear.
    h20work and npisano like this.
    02-02-13 09:02 PM
    OP Thanks a lot for taking the time to point this out. I was really bummed about having to wait for a new BB10 device but if half of this is true then I think BB did me a favor by making me wait.

The sound profile issue alone would be enough to drive me nuts.

Hopefully they have much of this fixed before the U.S launch of the Q10.

Again thanks OP it takes a little courage to come in here and speak the truth sometimes. Clearly your not a troll but rather a disappointed buyer who expected better.

Don't feel bad though because I am from the U.S I am self entitled,spoiled,cry baby etc...

BB10 looks good and I'm grabbing a device for sure but after reading quite a few Z10 post, I've come to appreciate my BBOS device even more so for what it does, all over again.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    h20work and jdhooghe like this.
    Nope, on my Android I click "Delete" and it deletes. Once.
    Same with os4.6 and up, had an option to "confirm delete". Why they would remove that makes no sense...
    wxmancanada likes this.
    Nope, on my Android I click "Delete" and it deletes. Once.
    no. select then delete. two actions unless deleting in sequence (right?).

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    02-02-13 09:03 PM
    Hey OP,

I know whatsapp is supposed to be coming, but until it makes its way over maybe sideload the android version. I know it works on my playbook it should work on the phone. Only issue on my playbook is it doesnt look at the contacts that are in the playbooks contact list.
    02-02-13 09:04 PM
    yea I think these were to be expected. I'm pretty sure some of these will be fixed before the device launches in March in the US with a maintenance release.
    02-02-13 09:06 PM
    Not to sound apologetic but BB10 is completely different from BBOS7. You can't expect the exact same functionality. That being said, i do agree on quite a few of your points, even though I do not think they warrant going back to my Bold 9900.
    keep in mind that the top priority target market for blackberry with this device is the current installed base. that requires duplicating the efficiency of the older blackberrys as much as is possible.

ssbtech and h20work like this.
    02-02-13 09:06 PM
    Thanks OP for this thread - it voiced some concerns of mine too. Good discussion.

That being said - can we really step back and think for a second? RIM, err, BlackBerry has a history of delaying things. "Coming soon" or "an update down the road" or "soon after launch" has a history of being... a very long ways away. Just a thought. I'd like to think BlackBerry has woken up and had some coffee, but how do we know updates to fix/change certain things aren't a waaaaaaays off, or that it will be in OS 10.1 which is slated for June, then November, then January... 2014.
    h20work, jdhooghe and bbfan1040 like this.
    02-02-13 09:10 PM
    New software bugs: Isn't that part of the excitement/challenge/frustration of buying the first of anything? I bought the first Ford with MySync and the software was so messed up I wanted to drive it into a wall. After a few months and several updates, it works like a charm and is amazing. I suspect this will be the same with the new BB10 units. Question is who can be patient and tolerate the adventure. Some can, some can't and I find no fault either way.
    jesse_h and kazakoshi like this.
    02-02-13 09:12 PM
    no. select then delete. two actions unless deleting in sequence (right?).
    If I'm in the messages list, I check box message(s) then press the trash can and it deletes it/them. If I'm IN the message, I hit the trash can. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
    02-02-13 09:13 PM
    I think he was referring to the fact that the sms shortcut doesn't take you to the sms area of the hub, not the fact that its included in the hub itself
    yes another thing crackberry kevin mentioned.

02-02-13 09:14 PM
    Thanks OP for this thread - it voiced some concerns of mine too. Good discussion.

That being said - can we really step back and think for a second? RIM, err, BlackBerry has a history of delaying things. "Coming soon" or "an update down the road" or "soon after launch" has a history of being... a very long ways away. Just a thought. I'd like to think BlackBerry has woken up and had some coffee, but how do we know updates to fix/change certain things aren't a waaaaaaays off, or that it will be in OS 10.1 which is slated for June, then November, then January... 2014.
    I'm still waiting for file folder support on my pb. Bugs the sh|t out of me.... I heard it's coming soon though
    JeepBB, jdhooghe and bbfan1040 like this.
    02-02-13 09:15 PM
    If I'm in the messages list, I check box message(s) then press the trash can and it deletes it/them. If I'm IN the message, I hit the trash can. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
    yes basically the same on a traditional blackberry. in the list hold alt and scroll. hit delete. all gone.

wxmancanada likes this.
    02-02-13 09:17 PM
    New software bugs: Isn't that part of the excitement/challenge/frustration of buying the first of anything? I bought the first Ford with MySync and the software was so messed up I wanted to drive it into a wall. After a few months and several updates, it works like a charm and is amazing. I suspect this will be the same with the new BB10 units. Question is who can be patient and tolerate the adventure. Some can, some can't and I find no fault either way.
    Delayed over a year though, and held back to get it just right. I can't even imagine what would have happened if Mike and Jim released when they originally wanted to
    02-02-13 09:18 PM
    Delayed over a year though, and held back to get it just right. I can't even imagine what would have happened if Mike and Jim released when they originally wanted to
    That's a scary thought.
    nquyen likes this.
    02-02-13 09:20 PM
    Font on the lock screen is way too small and can't be changed.
    Anyone else notice that send is in the upper right hand corner for e-mails and lower right hand for texts? An inconsistent UI, with all the efforts (and hype) about TAT seem to have missed some QC checks.
    The home screen has icons (with badges) for unopened BBM and unopened texts. Have to go to the hub to see unopened e-mails.

As far as having fun/challenges with new software and bugs, I got a PlayBook on day one. I that THAT was the beta unit to find bugs.

The Z10 is a fine device. But RimBerry has to hit this one out of the park in order to climb back into the game. If you think they are already there, then fine, but the have quite a bit of coding cleanup to do. The form factor and hardware are great, but it isn't finished. Of course, most 1.0 releases aren't finished, but BlackBerry has one shot here.
    h20work, JeepBB and bbfan1040 like this.
    02-02-13 09:25 PM
    No matter the device that is released there will always be certain features that miss or hate.

I guess that is the price for 'upgrades'. Nonetheless make the best of what you get I say. ALL smartphones will have one issue or 35 - LOL
    zombie73 likes this.
    02-02-13 09:28 PM
    7. I'm not familiar with any other phone/OS that lets you have a different icon for every single different email account you have attached to your phone. (Honest question: Does the 9780 allow this?)
    yes. on traditional blackberrys you have individual icons for each acccount and then the messages icon can encompass all (you can select which ones show there).

02-02-13 09:29 PM
    How is the fact that this is a brand new os not relevant??? And no offence people, but the whole, "rim, uhh blackberry" thing was funny for maybe 2 seconds. Now its just dumb
    02-02-13 09:33 PM
    Now that I think about it... you have sound for your emails? I would have smashed my phone against the wall by now if it made a noise every single time I got an email!
    I agree, but at the same time, I would like to see the option there. I figured these details were the things that were delaying the release. I guess not! I'm still too eager to wait. Can't wait to get my hands on one, imperfections and all!
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    02-02-13 09:35 PM
    7. My Lumia 920 on Windows Phone 8 has an icon for each e-mail account.
    I love my pb as a "media consumption" device, that's why I bought 3 of them. My 9850 blows it out of the water for productivity though. Sad to see bb10 is more of the same.
    How is the fact that this is a brand new os not relevant???
    It's been brought up - a few times.
    And no offence people, but the whole, "rim, uhh blackberry" thing was funny for maybe 2 seconds. Now its just dumb
    Phewww, I said "RIM, err, BlackBerry" - good thing too - last thing I want is to seem dumb in your eyes. I guess long story short, no offence... but I don't care.
    h20work and jdhooghe like this.
    02-02-13 09:36 PM
    How is the fact that this is a brand new os not relevant??? And no offence people, but the whole, "rim, uhh blackberry" thing was funny for maybe 2 seconds. Now its just dumb
    Wtf??? Seriously?

Pbos is/was bb10. QNX right? Yes, first public release of bb10 but they went backwards from what they already had.
    02-02-13 09:40 PM
    Should find some way to forward these to BlackBerry
    h20work likes this.
    02-02-13 09:41 PM
470 ... 23456 ...