Does your PB have a hub? Flow? Peek? Is it written in EXACTLY the same code? The answer is no
    what is this "Flow" thing you speak of? you mean swiping back and forth? i never got the concept
    02-05-13 10:20 PM
    Are are assuming too much. If BlackBerry wanted to be just another iPhone or Android phone they would have included all these extra toy like features in the initial release. If you want want a toy phone then I am sorry the Z10 is not for you and you should be buying something along the lines of an iPhone or Android device as they would better suited for your needs.
    What is this "toy phone" argument?? Can you define a difference between a "toy phone" and a "non toy phone"? Is Google Maps a toy application then, clearly it must be, its written by the same people who make the toy phone. How about Chrome...is that a "toy" browser. This toy vs. the mighty blackberry is exactly what got RIM in trouble with the consumers.
    h20work, jdhooghe, JeepBB and 1 others like this.
    02-05-13 10:40 PM
    Well I got my Z10 on the release day here in London, and I too have som issues with it. I would like to comment first your post.

The device got hot only after starting it up, then it doesn't get hot at all, I hold it in my hands the whole day.
    The mail forwarding correction is indeed there if you are in the HUB, and now you can actually edit and delete everything, this was not possible on my BOLD 9900
    The cursor for correction works great, but coming from the scroller on the bold, well, it was better on the bold
    The tilt is a bit slow, and doesn't react as accurate as I would like, but really similar to the playbook
    Overall coming from a bold and used to the qwerty keyboard, I would says that this phone is the best typing ever I have tried on a touchscreen and I am very happy with it. Keyboard on Z10 is just so clever.

Things I really miss on the BB10 - Auto ON/OFF, where is that function ? I can't believe they didn't include this, I am hoping it will be there on the next update, as this what makes a blackberry different from the other phones.
    Encryption of the SD CARD? - not present, but if you go to HELP, the function is described in there, but it is not in the actual phone , I miss that too
    Very annoying - if someone is calling you , and you don't have the number in the CONTACTS, it is very difficult to TEXT the person, on my BOLD you could do it easy, really miss that.
    It seems that they were in a hurry to release the phones, which is understandable , but I wish that they will bring back the core blackberry functions as I think that most people who are dedicated to blackberry would miss these, I know I do. I would like to add that I have blackberry service in my contract, and if the blackberry service logo is not displayed on the top(sometimes it happens because of network problems), then I can't access internet through the browser, I don't get emails , exactly like on my old BB, I am assuming that everything is still running through the blackberry server.

I also miss the battery % and the battery doesn't last long at all, as bad as on the Iphone 5, but at least we can remove it and replace with a spare.
    02-06-13 05:03 AM
    in fairness the smart camera time shift thingy is a bit "toy like" esp when the camera itself could be improved
    02-06-13 05:07 AM
    The camera is fine, it doesn't really like when the light is low, but then you can use flash. But hey, the camera on my old BOLD was sooo bad, I am really happy with the Z10 camera I really hope they read these forums, and update the OS
    02-06-13 05:14 AM
    I will buy the q10 as soon as I can, I think by the time they release it, the OS will have the updates. I think we should give them a chance, overall I am very happy with the Z10
    02-06-13 05:15 AM
    What is this "toy phone" argument?? Can you define a difference between a "toy phone" and a "non toy phone"? Is Google Maps a toy application then, clearly it must be, its written by the same people who make the toy phone. How about Chrome...is that a "toy" browser. This toy vs. the mighty blackberry is exactly what got RIM in trouble with the consumers.
    I suppose a "toy" is something that allows you to play Angry Birds....

oh wait.....uuummm.....ooooops.....
    02-06-13 11:23 AM
    I suppose a "toy" is something that allows you to play Angry Birds....

oh wait.....uuummm.....ooooops.....
    Well, mine (uh....toy) plays great, BTW.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    02-06-13 02:31 PM
    I agree with all of your points and fixes. Took me 3 day's to figure out I needed to generate an application specific password for Gmail as I've 2-step verification turned on plus I'm supposed to put my Gmail settings into the Exchange Activesync box. The worst things for me are: random keyboard freezes and my twitter account shows up twice in the Hub. The duplicate doesn't show in settings!
    02-06-13 04:34 PM
    Auto on/off was said to be coming soon. Most cell phone camera sensors don't like low light, photos have a yellow tinge. The camera is missing auto white balance and the filters aren't a patch on pixlr express on Android (I side loaded it).
    02-06-13 04:41 PM
    And the Hub has too many steps, needs fewer and could be more intuitive. BUT, I'm not giving up my Z10 - you'll have to pry it from my cold, dead fingers.
    02-06-13 04:49 PM
    Point 42: here's another 'solution', make sure all folders are synced if using conversation view in emails.
    02-06-13 05:02 PM
    Maybe not relevant but, here is how I "solved for me" this push problem. I know that current situation with gmail is not so good, but I've this.

1. add new account
    2. choose advanced button
    3. Microsoft exchange active sync
    4. fill your gmail details by following this iOS guide
    5. use push
    6. save

After, edit your account and select which folders you want. I can confirm that marking mail as read on device, also marks it on gmail server and vice versa.
    02-08-13 06:14 AM
    Maybe not relevant but, here is how I "solved for me" this push problem. I know that current situation with gmail is not so good, but I've this.

1. add new account
    2. choose advanced button
    3. Microsoft exchange active sync
    4. fill your gmail details by following this iOS guide
    5. use push
    6. save

After, edit your account and select which folders you want. I can confirm that marking mail as read on device, also marks it on gmail server and vice versa.
    Google is dropping this option in the near future. You're fine as long as you are signed up...new users will not be so lucky.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    02-08-13 07:08 AM
    should of took out a business plan and made your company upgrade to BES for blackberry 10

that way you can switch work and personal easily

no more hub issues for work emails

your fault not blackberry
    02-09-13 04:45 AM
    Not sure if this has already been mentioned: But if you try to use the calculator too quickly after launching it, the input will stop working until you close and relaunch the calculator app.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-09-13 05:34 AM
    should of took out a business plan and made your company upgrade to BES for blackberry 10

that way you can switch work and personal easily

no more hub issues for work emails

your fault not blackberry
    Excellent input; please let me know, how to you make your company upgrade to BES for blackberry 10?
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-09-13 05:45 AM
    Not sure if these have already been posted as I didn't have time to look through all 18 pages but here goes...

9. the battery % number has been removed! The current battery icon is too small to tell the difference between 30% and 15%.
    While I agree that it is a pain to not be able to quickly see this, there is a way without having to download an app. Go to Settings - About - From the category list at the top of the screen choose Hardware. The battery percentage is displayed in the list. (Note: I think it may round to the nearest 5th but still better than nothing)

22. new messages - why the heck couldn't you have some small icons in the status bar at the top of the screen? Why force us to swipe/double-swipe all the way to the Hub to see what messages, in which mailboxes, have come through?
    You don't have to swipe to get back to the hub. From any screen (application or even the application listing windows) you can use the Peek feature to see/access the Hub. Just try it: Go to the last screen of your applications, perform the Peek gesture and you'll see your Hub. If you continue moving your thumb all the way to the right and release you'll continue on into the Hub the same as if you performed the Peek inside a running application.

Hope that helps! : )

Mike
    02-09-13 10:49 AM
    there's a whole bunch more **really really really annoying things** that have come to light :-(

1. keyboard glitch bug. This HANGS the keyboard - the only fix I have found is a reboot. I think, but not sure, that it's activated by trying to select a red-underline (spelling mistake) word but slightly missing the touch point. The keyboard then seems to die. You can tap the keys, but nothing appears on screen. Has happened about 5 times in as many days.

2. there is no "resend" function for emails/texts that have not sent

3. there is no contact memory i.e. the phone will not suggest contacts based on people you have previously messaged. Admittedly this has never been a feature on BB, however, it is a feature on every other modern device in existence

4. when you write a very long text piece e.g. in Calendar, the text box doesn't automatically go to the end of what you've written, should you subsequently try to edit it

5. which brings me onto a massive bug.. if you write too much in the Calendar app, despite allowing you to write it, when you save that calendar entry the app will TRUNCATE what you have written, without a warning

6. a nice bug that meant the volume up/down screen overlay got stuck i.e. it sat on top of everything and would not fade. Solution? Battery pull.

7. the "restart" function that's meant to stop you having to physically pull the battery out works only 50% of the time

8. you can't scroll over i.e. drag your finger a video in the browser without said video automatically playing

9. there is no longer a way to choose the size of the photo file you send in an email or text

10. in fact, there is no longer a way to choose what size/resolution of photo you take in the first place

11. emails get "ticked" automatically, making you assume they have been sent. Check back later - often the tick is replaced with a clock = email didn't send. Complete fail as an email client that you can rely on.

12. multiple text messages are linked together into one - cool, every device for the last 8 years has been able to do that. What is BB's take on it for their next gen O/S? You get the text message alert and vibrate for each individual message in the link! So 3 messages linked together? 3 beep beeps and buzzes. Smooth, RIM, smooth.

13. wondering why your battery is fading so quickly? Use the charger plug that came in the box. If you use USB, or an old BB plug, it doesn't give the Z10 battery the amps it craves. Did RIM think to point out this critical detail in the box, or instructions? Of course they didn't.

Why is this so ******* annoying? Why does it rile me so? Because in 7 DAYS I have found so many huge bugs with a flagship O/S and device, that was delayed for 2 YEARS while RIM perfected it. Literally thousands of RIM developers must have played with this device and platform over the course of those 2 years and yet none of them loved their work enough to FIX these extremely.. EXTREMELY.. simple bugs/glitches/missing-features.

You should be ashamed RIM, ashamed.
    02-11-13 04:58 PM
    there's a whole bunch more **really really really annoying things** that have come to light :-(

1. keyboard glitch bug. This HANGS the keyboard - the only fix I have found is a reboot. I think, but not sure, that it's activated by trying to select a red-underline (spelling mistake) word but slightly missing the touch point. The keyboard then seems to die. You can tap the keys, but nothing appears on screen. Has happened about 5 times in as many days.

3. there is no contact memory i.e. the phone will not suggest contacts based on people you have previously messaged. Admittedly this has never been a feature on BB, however, it is a feature on every other modern device in existence

4. when you write a very long text piece e.g. in Calendar, the text box doesn't automatically go to the end of what you've written, should you subsequently try to edit it

5. which brings me onto a massive bug.. if you write too much in the Calendar app, despite allowing you to write it, when you save that calendar entry the app will TRUNCATE what you have written, without a warning

6. a nice bug that meant the volume up/down screen overlay got stuck i.e. it sat on top of everything and would not fade. Solution? Battery pull.

7. the "restart" function that's meant to stop you having to physically pull the battery out works only 50% of the time

8. you can't scroll over i.e. drag your finger a video in the browser without said video automatically playing

9. there is no longer a way to choose the size of the photo file you send in an email or text

10. in fact, there is no longer a way to choose what size/resolution of photo you take in the first place

11. emails get "ticked" automatically, making you assume they have been sent. Check back later - often the tick is replaced with a clock = email didn't send. Complete fail as an email client that you can rely on.

12. multiple text messages are linked together into one - cool, every device for the last 8 years has been able to do that. What is BB's take on it for their next gen O/S? You get the text message alert and vibrate for each individual message in the link! So 3 messages linked together? 3 beep beeps and buzzes. Smooth, RIM, smooth.

13. wondering why your battery is fading so quickly? Use the charger plug that came in the box. If you use USB, or an old BB plug, it doesn't give the Z10 battery the amps it craves. Did RIM think to point out this critical detail in the box, or instructions? Of course they didn't.

Why is this so ******* annoying? Why does it rile me so? Because in 7 DAYS I have found so many huge bugs with a flagship O/S and device, that was delayed for 2 YEARS while RIM perfected it. Literally thousands of RIM developers must have played with this device and platform over the course of those 2 years and yet none of them loved their work enough to FIX these extremely.. EXTREMELY.. simple bugs/glitches/missing-features.

You could have just said "bump".
    02-11-13 05:08 PM

Thank you so much for pointing out some bugs that devs can address.
    It's users like you, that are lucky enough to own a Z10 and point out some bugs, that will help this bran new OS to mature more rapidly than others.
    I don't own a z10 YET, but with all the "things" that go into a mobile OS, I think the BB10 devs should stand up and take a bow
    I was a BB user for years and am really excited to get back to my beloved BB.
    02-11-13 05:14 PM
    i have never read so much negative bull crap on a forum in my life. if you are not happy with your Z10 then F@c� off to another platform
    02-11-13 05:17 PM
    i have never read so much negative bull crap on a forum in my life. if you are not happy with your Z10 then F@c� off to another platform
    fan-***** like you make me chuckle, but we're not allowed to discuss it for fear of the thread being closed. Again. Btw, I have owned BBs for years.
    02-11-13 05:20 PM
    fan-***** like you make me chuckle, but we're not allowed to discuss it for fear of the thread being closed. Again. Btw, I have owned BBs for years.
    yep so have i over 10 but that is not th issue. do you think WP8 was released without bugs/glitches not it was not
    do you think Android was released with out bugs.glitches NOPE
    was Ios released with out glitches Nope.
    all NEW OS's come out with problems, what we are experiencing is the thing with being first we are the guinea pigs

NOT A FAN BOY Realist
    02-11-13 05:24 PM
    Peeps.....lets show some love. Really, it's a completely new OS....It will absolutely have bugs.
    BB10 in no different that iOS or Android. Lets be civil in helping get it dialed in....
    02-11-13 05:33 PM
470 ... 16171819