Dear OP, id like to say thanks for that first post. while it seems like your post is troll bait to so many people, i dont think this is the case. Most if not all those issues you posted are software related, which means they, like many others on here have said, *can* get recitified in a future update. Its very refreshing to see that you didnt mention things like a crappy camera, or phone stuck in some reset loop, or the user interface is terrible or...well you get the picture.

you have to understand you posted this amoungst the most passionate blackberry community in the world. so im glad you have stuck around, and make edits to your original post. I wish more people did this. I being from Canada, and expecting to purchase my Z10, this is exactly what i was looking for as i kept looking for reviews on this thing. im glad you didnt post it in the "official i got my z10 thread". your post is clear, concise, and to the point, and like i mentioned before, you've been including fixes to the issues. Like honeslty people...is this not what this forum is supposed to be ?

Well done OP. Hopefully if theres a scout from BB looking through these forums (which there probably are) they will see this thread, and implement it in that maintainance upgrade. these are all options i suppose, and if and when it gets added, users who didnt like it, will not implement those changes. Simple no?

Thanks for the post OP. I appreciate it.

- yunvi
    02-04-13 04:51 AM
    I can't believe you actually set up a website for this... Get a life man.
    jesse_h, mithrazor and TomJasper like this.
    02-04-13 06:10 AM
    I also have to ask what you mean by still can't see when the message you got was sent

Nope, I believe it takes 2 clicks on all operating systems, the second click is so you don't accidentally delete something
    One click on my WP8.
    02-04-13 06:28 AM
    CAN'T WE ALL SIMPLY GET ALONG? AGREE TO DISAGREE?

Yes, I'm shouting. If this thread continues to go downhill, it will be closed. Just saying...
    02-04-13 06:52 AM
    you sound very similar to me. My 9780 is pretty worn out (and in fairness as great as BB5 is it's due an update!) so the 9900 is looking likely at the moment. That said, I've learned that a maintenance release for Z10 could be coming soon, so the question is whether to hope that it addresses the notifaction/rotation issue. Or wait for the Q10.
    9900 with the latest OS is a very good device and won't dissapoint you as a "traditional" BlackBerry user.

I have been saying for months that being an early adopter of BB10 would be a huge mistake and sadly, it sure looks as though I have been proved right.

The only thing I would consider replacing my trusty 9900 with over the next 12 months wuld be another 9900.

The hammer would seem to be rising to put the final nail in the RIM coffin.
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-04-13 07:28 AM
    Have to agree with OP on th enotifications front. The other stuff are minor usability quirks that I suspect will be resolved with time, I've noticed some of them myself on my dev alpha. However, the lack of ability to set custom notifications per account; and custom notifications per contact (especially including volume and repeat settings) is a major problem for me: I use my phone as my pager when I'm on call at work. That means when I get messages on one specific account, I need it to wake me out of a dead sleep. With this missing feature (I say missing because it's been there since at least 4.x)... I can't have that.

It's not enough to stop me from buying it - I build apps for the damned thing, of course I'm going to buy it - but it's very frustrating to have what is to me an important feature... removed. I'll probably workaround it by creating a custom ringtone with a high volume built into it, and tediously setting that up to be used for the various inbound pager addresses. But I shouldn't have to.
    02-04-13 07:28 AM
    thanks, helpful and useful comment
    02-04-13 07:31 AM
    Have to agree with OP on th enotifications front. The other stuff are minor usability quirks that I suspect will be resolved with time, I've noticed some of them myself on my dev alpha. However, the lack of ability to set custom notifications per account; and custom notifications per contact (especially including volume and repeat settings) is a major problem for me: I use my phone as my pager when I'm on call at work. That means when I get messages on one specific account, I need it to wake me out of a dead sleep. With this missing feature (I say missing because it's been there since at least 4.x)... I can't have that.

It's not enough to stop me from buying it - I build apps for the damned thing, of course I'm going to buy it - but it's very frustrating to have what is to me an important feature... removed. I'll probably workaround it by creating a custom ringtone with a high volume built into it, and tediously setting that up to be used for the various inbound pager addresses. But I shouldn't have to.

really this issue is about 90% of the whole problem! well, combined with the crazy orientation-rotation delay (I counted 13 seconds earlier).
    02-04-13 07:32 AM
    really this issue is about 90% of the whole problem! well, combined with the crazy orientation-rotation delay (I counted 13 seconds earlier).
    Holy Molly, this "orientation-rotation delay" increases each new post from you. I believe you started from 2 sec, now it's 13. What are you doing with your device, hammering it against the wall to see how durable it is?
    jesse_h likes this.
    02-04-13 07:56 AM
    How do you un subscribe to this thread.
    jesse_h and TomJasper like this.
    02-04-13 07:57 AM
    Can't help but be skeptical about this claim. 13 seconds? Can you post video proof of even a 4 second delay?
    jesse_h and TomJasper like this.
    02-04-13 08:04 AM
    Can't help but be skeptical about this claim. 13 seconds? Can you post video proof of even a 4 second delay?
    probably, yes
    02-04-13 08:11 AM
    However, the lack of ability to set custom notifications per account; and custom notifications per contact (especially including volume and repeat settings) is a major problem for me:
    That's a big probleme for me.
    02-04-13 09:37 AM
    I was almost read to send my iPhone off to recycle � after a weekend using the Z10 it went back to the store for a refund.
    Why, well, many reasons for that desicion. Firstly, the battery life was even worse than the iPhones. Secondly, the Z10 took forever to start up, I thought the iPhone was slow but this was bad. Third, I found the Hub, as good as an idea as it is, confusing to say the least. Having all the messages etc in one area was a fine idea but I found it to be badly thought out. It was difficult to sort out the messages, new and old, as it wasn't colour coded to instantly show what was what. Finally, the apps installed were bad and made Apples Maps app look good. The Maps app was crap � no, that's not an exaggeration � the web browser couldn't lay out web pages without overlapping text over text, try looking at the Evernote web site to see what I mean.
    On its own, it's not a bad mobile phone. I felt just right size wise and the soft rubberised back was lovely. The screen was an odd mix, nice but just to dark. �I kept having to brighten it up. But it was the OS that was the big fail: it just wasn't read for the launch even if it was a year late coming out. Too many bugs, yes I know it's a new OS, but it really wasn't ready as there were a few times when it wouldn't let me back to the home screen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    02-04-13 09:51 AM
    +100
    02-04-13 10:03 AM
    Well if you subscribed to the thread then go back into your account and unsubscribe.
    h20work likes this.
    02-04-13 10:04 AM
    Boggles the mind
    Ben1232 likes this.
    02-04-13 10:05 AM
    Crackberry 2011-2012 "BBOS is outdated! It can't do anything any new OS like iOS and Android can! If they don't change things drastically they are done!"

Crackberry 2013 "I can't believe BB10 doesn't have a ton of the core features I used and loved with the OLD BBOS! Why would they change things! they were fine as they were"

And the cycle continues.......
    02-04-13 10:10 AM
    (Shrugs) It's an open forum which means there are threads that everybody can choose to participate in or not. That's the true spirit of "any" forum and everyone is entitled to state their opinion. I've yet to be on a forum that will please all members. Most ppl either say CrackBerry is too restrictive, others say too liberal and needs more MODs. LOL. Thank God for different points of view.

On Topic. Again, OP, thanks for yours. I look forward to getting mine (BB10) in less than 60 days. To others, take a pill. No reason to get uptight unless you're really going to purchase(spending your money) based on whether someone "else" actually loves the new BlackBerries without trying it yourself.
    mikeo007, momofteme and h20work like this.
    02-04-13 10:17 AM
    I think That This Guy Maybe Is tryin To Convice Us to not Buy Z10 ,sorry Your Reports But I still wants One
    Blacklatino likes this.
    02-04-13 10:29 AM
    i Thought That AppleBoys Were Wiser LOL
    02-04-13 10:35 AM
    Ok some more post deleted. PLEASE keep it on topic about the z10 and suggestions on improvement. Last warning before more infractions.
    mikeo007 and Admorris like this.
    02-04-13 10:49 AM
    Any possibility of somebody posting a Bugs, Fixes and workaround thread like back in the old days? The title alone screams deletion and banned by the Mods.
    02-04-13 12:20 PM
    Crackberry 2011-2012 "BBOS is outdated! It can't do anything any new OS like iOS and Android can! If they don't change things drastically they are done!" Crackberry 2013 "I can't believe BB10 doesn't have a ton of the core features I used and loved with the OLD BBOS! Why would they change things! they were fine as they were" And the cycle continues.......
    this isn't the issue. Over many years (more than a decade, starting with OS4) BB had developed many core features that we all came to love - it's why we became Blackberry addicts. Things like BBM, the LED indicator, the customisable notifications...

It's that some of those core features have been dropped or changed which is annoying - NOT the new stuff. The new browser for example is excellent - absolutely excellent.
    02-04-13 12:21 PM
    Any possibility of somebody posting a Bugs, Fixes and workaround thread like back in the old days? The title alone screams deletion and banned by the Mods.
    the OP is bugs and has been edited with workarounds/fixes...
    02-04-13 12:36 PM
470 ... 1415161718 ...