18. the status bar (battery, time, signal) has been removed from the screen when you are in an App EDIT: you'll miss time the most, probably. Comments that it gives you extra screen space. That's a fair point.. but it should be a user option.
    Swipe up from the bottom, but not full swipe(as for minimizing the app) - just 3-4mm and you can see battery bar, time, wifi, cellular network, location, hotspot etc. Release, and you're in your app again.

And yep, all CB members will think you're anti-RIM (sorry, anti-BlackBerry) but everyone must admit that these bugs EXIST and MUST be fixed asap.
    BigAl_BB9900 and Tules like this.
    02-03-13 01:16 PM
    Swipe up from the bottom, but not full swipe(as for minimizing the app) - just 3-4mm and you can see battery bar, time, wifi, cellular network, location, hotspot etc. Release, and you're in your app again.

And yep, all CB members will think you're anti-RIM (sorry, anti-BlackBerry) but everyone must admit that these bugs EXIST and MUST be fixed asap.
    yep - works - thanks. A shame it requires an intervention, and would prefer a user setting "show status bar YES/NO" but, this will work for the timebeing
    02-03-13 01:27 PM
    yep - works - thanks. A shame it requires an intervention, and would prefer a user setting "show status bar YES/NO" but, this will work for the timebeing
    That's your opinion, and the majority will think user settings like that are plain stupid. Just like your stupid idea of asking you when the OS closes an app. If iOS did that, nobody would be using it. Why don't you complain about your iPad closing apps randomly? *****...
    jesse_h likes this.
    02-03-13 01:28 PM

... bb10 is a new os and isn't missing features, but has just not implemented them yet.
    Hmmm...if features haven't been implemented yet, wouldn't that make them missing?...lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    02-03-13 01:41 PM
    Let me just say a few things. First off I have read all 13 pages of this post. The main point I think the OP is trying to make is regarding custom notifications/profiles or the lack of. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and comments but a lot of what I read if just bs from fanboys. I have had a BB for many many years and a PlayBook since launch for anyone that attempts to flame me...so suck it. The big point is that unless you use and rely on the notifications everyday and to realize that they are not a part of BB10 is a failure. PLAIN and SIMPLE. Don't care that it's a new os. New code...who cares. These features should never have been excluded...ever. These features separated BlackBerry from every other OS out there. These are the reasons power users endured the "outdated" BBOS and stayed with RIM instead of jumping ship. These are the reason there are still 80 million users. To exclude such an important feature from the new OS is just inexcusable. That being said....am I still getting my Z10 when Verizon gets it..sure. I hope that there is a maintenance update by then to address some of the features excluded but the ball was dropped by BlackBerry and I can fathom why you people can't see that or understand that.
    02-03-13 01:42 PM
    Hmmm...if features haven't been implemented yet, wouldn't that make them missing?...lol
    it's not even "missing"... it's "we have actually decided NOT to keep them. Like, imagine if they'd decided not to keep the LED! or... BBM! wow.

Let me just say a few things. First off I have read all 13 pages of this post. The main point I think the OP is trying to make is regarding custom notifications/profiles or the lack of. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and comments but a lot of what I read if just bs from fanboys. I have had a BB for many many years and a PlayBook since launch for anyone that attempts to flame me...so suck it. The big point is that unless you use and rely on the notifications everyday and to realize that they are not a part of BB10 is a failure. PLAIN and SIMPLE. Don't care that it's a new os. New code...who cares. These features should never have been excluded...ever. These features separated BlackBerry from every other OS out there. These are the reasons power users endured the "outdated" BBOS and stayed with RIM instead of jumping ship. These are the reason there are still 80 million users. To exclude such an important feature from the new OS is just inexcusable. That being said....am I still getting my Z10 when Verizon gets it..sure. I hope that there is a maintenance update by then to address some of the features excluded but the ball was dropped by BlackBerry and I can fathom why you people can't see that or understand that.
    you Sir deserve a prize
    02-03-13 01:45 PM
    it's not even "missing"... it's "we have actually decided NOT to keep them. Like, imagine if they'd decided not to keep the LED! or... BBM! wow.
    Uhm... please tell me, how exactly do you know this? Have you spoken to the development team at BlackBerry and found out that they deliberately excluded them? You make a number of valid points sometimes throughout this thread, but that's just silly.
    jesse_h likes this.
    02-03-13 01:46 PM
    Uhm... please tell me, how exactly do you know this? Have you spoken to the development team at BlackBerry and found out that they deliberately excluded them? You make a number of valid points sometimes throughout this thread, but that's just silly.
    in fairness the ability to customise the notifications to the nth degree is really weapons-grade technology. Like, they stole that **** from Roswell. Get a clue!
    02-03-13 01:48 PM
    Closed for removal of petty squabbling and insult-trading. Please check back much later!
    02-03-13 01:52 PM
    Resuming the discussion without the insults and name calling. Appropriate warnings have been handed out with the rations.
    [warn]Please debate the products and services, not the other members. We don't enjoy handing out warnings or banning members, but sometimes it becomes necessary to allow the majority of our members to enjoy and benefit from the forums.[/warn]
    02-03-13 05:15 PM
    Resuming the discussion without the insults and name calling. Appropriate warnings have been handed out with the rations.
    [warn]Please debate the products and services, not the other members. We don't enjoy handing out warnings or banning members, but sometimes it becomes necessary to allow the majority of our members to enjoy and benefit from the forums.[/warn]
    can we also warn people that using constant caps lock or constant bold text doesnt actually re-inforce their point, if anything it detracts from it
    02-03-13 05:20 PM
    Le sigh... Blackberry has a forum also. I haven't seen any comments on these features there.... But its also good that Verizon is getting it later. Now we know what to look for...
    02-03-13 05:22 PM
    in fairness the ability to customise the notifications to the nth degree is really weapons-grade technology. Like, they stole that **** from Roswell. Get a clue!
    When you're trying to complete an entire operating system on a deadline, you have to prioritize. Chances are, things like that were simply moved down the chain of priority for a future update.
    ubizmo likes this.
    02-03-13 05:22 PM
    I am super glad the thread is back. People seem to be assuming I have an ulterior motive?

I want BB to succeed, I am just furious about the things they have removed (or forgotten to carry over) from previous incarnations of their OS. It's a bit like 1 step forward, 2 steps back. And I am not prepared to wait 10 years for a fix (I'm thinking editable forwards... or.. anything on PB) this time.

There are some excellent enhancements like the browser, for example. But messing with the notifications, the slow orientation switch and the latest - a dicky Text Message notifier - are really taking the shine off it for me. Ironically only by posting this thread have I got some neat hacks/workarounds - the BBM in Landscape (via the Hub, not the icon) is an absolute Godsend!

p.s.
    can people stop inboxing me childish/fanboy messages/insults too - it's just.. boring!
    Last edited by thorstenpleasefixit; 02-03-13 at 05:35 PM. Reason: spelling
    cman5 likes this.
    02-03-13 05:35 PM
    if you dont like it send it to me.. I will give you $50
    02-03-13 05:38 PM
    if you dont like it send it to me.. I will give you $50
    as tempting as that is, it's free to return to the carrier and they'll give me a brand new 9900 free, and a �5 rebate (about $7) per month for 24 months to make up for the hassle!
    02-03-13 05:41 PM
    as tempting as that is, it's free to return to the carrier and they'll give me a brand new 9900 free, and a �5 rebate (about $7) per month for 24 months to make up for the hassle!
    i dont think theyre giving you a fiver a month for the `hassle` i think its more they are giving you a cheaper phone so will adjust your line rental accordingly. but hey, they worded it nice to sell it didnt they lol
    02-03-13 05:46 PM
    Glad to see the thread re-opened.. now let's get those issues on the table so BB can provide us world class phone and UI experience
    02-03-13 05:46 PM
    are you using your Zedberry to make all your posts today?
    02-03-13 05:48 PM
    are you using your Zedberry to make all your posts today?
    just a regular PC
    02-03-13 05:51 PM
    That's why i bought the Nexus 4 instead of Z10. BB10 is a new operating system and no matter what, there will be a lot of issues in it. All will be fixed and i quote " Soon", so i will wait with my Nexus 4 for now.
    02-03-13 05:59 PM
    I get that people are saying that it's a new OS, but some of these things, which has ALWAYS been part of Blackberry's OS should still be there. I'm on my third device right now, and I was hoping that Z10 would be my 4th. These things NEED to be fixed.

"You'll want to be able to assign a different alert sound to each mail box so you can tell, with your ears... if you need to pick-up/look at the device. Currently? You get only one alert sound for all emails, regardless of which mailbox they are for. And they all have to be the same volume."

This was a MAJOR concern for me. I have three different accounts on my 9810, and with the different sounds, I know what each email pertains to. Without different sounds, I�ll be looking at WAY more Spam than I want to .

"The lock screen currently has just one icon for emails - ALL emails, regardless of mailbox. It has a fairly useless number for unread messages in ALL of the boxes combined e.g. "200 emails" - but maybe 198 are messages in a box you don't care for. Pretty lame because you therefore have to double-swipe into the Hub to see what messages are waiting."

Again, I have three different accounts. Only ONE of which is REALLY important to me, and when I look at my phone, I want to know if there�s something in THAT account.

"The device supplied ring tones/alert tones are AWFUL and you cannot set variable volume levels. Okay, you can load whatever sounds you like.. but, for example.. it let's you select .mid files for ringtone even though these aren't compatible (when someone calls, your phone will be silent). How difficult would it have been to put OS5/6/7 ringtones into the ringtones folder? So that users get some consistency out of the box?"

I get that Blackberry didn�t want to copy any of their old code, but this IS kind of a no-brainer. You KEEP the things that work and that people like, and you make them work better.

"You'd like to set different ringtones (and volumes) depending on who's calling you? Say, so your wife can wake you up in the middle of the night, while you're travelling, but nobody else can? Nope - sorry - that feature is gone."

This one is really a killer for me. I get so many calls in a day, and I meet with clients constantly during the day. I have one ringtone for people in my address book, one for people who AREN'T in my address book, one for my WIFE and one for my parents. When I meet with clients, I typically turn my ringer off, which I have set to make it so that only my wife gets through. (We just had a baby, so I need to know if something�s wrong.) If I�m at the store, I want to know if it�s a client calling me, and so I get the tone for my address book contacts.

I REALLY hope these issues are resolved in an update soon. Again, I get that it's new and that Blackberry didn't want to copy old stuff, but you don't throw out what works!
    02-03-13 06:12 PM
    just a regular PC
    wow, and you just got a new toy?
    02-03-13 06:33 PM
    This one is really a killer for me.
    Great. So I guess your only choice is the legacy BB OS as no modern OS on the market can do this. Good luck
    02-03-13 07:21 PM
    ^^^ Different ringtones for your contacts can be set, according to the users guide.
    As far as different notification sounds, why don't you guys think the 'peek' feature can be a good replacement? At a quick glance, you see who has sent the messages and you know which ones are important.
    02-03-13 07:26 PM
470 ... 1112131415 ...