Thorsten said ZED 10. deal with it
    it is ZED - that's how the Queen herself says it (she invented English)

02-02-13 08:25 PM
    Disappointing to hear those issues. Several of them are major steps backwards from os5-os7.1
    Thank you for posting. Hopefully BB does fix these issues ASAP. Some people on here get insulted if you say anything bad about the almighty Blackberry.
    LOL - and you wonder why it's a new account
    If number 1 is indeed true (cannot have different alert tones/volumes for different email accounts), then that is almost a mistake worthy of putting BB out of business.
    it is. Welcome to my anger! waited so long for this device/OS, and this is the worst of all the mistakes
    02-02-13 08:27 PM
    I think he was referring to the fact that the sms shortcut doesn't take you to the sms area of the hub, not the fact that its included in the hub itself
    but it DOES. wether you have SMS integrated into the main hub view or not, it will still show you the SMS page only.

it is ZED - that's how the Queen herself says it (she invented English)

corr, she`s lookin good for her age then mwhahahaha
    npisano and DPSydBerry like this.
    02-02-13 08:28 PM
    but it DOES. wether you have SMS integrated into the main hub view or not, it will still show you the SMS page only.
    on mine it is taking me back to whatever was in the Hub last e.g. email
    02-02-13 08:30 PM
    OP, it actually sounds like you went to as many forums as you could and aggregated every single complaint that anybody has made about the z10 and wrote them all out as your own. Why would someone do something like that? Well probably because you're being paid to do this, you're an instigator, a troll. Thanks for stopping by.
    Wtf???? BB is supposed to be all about the email experience right, that's what started everything. I have several email accounts on my 9850, each with different notifications and volumes.

Flame the OP for letting people know what's missing or wrong with bb10? Which post was more helpful, theirs or yours?

What are you 12? "Omg stop be a troll"
    Last edited by h20work; 02-02-13 at 08:42 PM.
    Saiga, jonty12, Fr3lncr and 14 others like this.
    02-02-13 08:30 PM
    on mine it is taking me back to whatever was in the Hub last e.g. email
    ah i think i know where your saying now. if i have an email open, then yes it puts me back to there (which is indeed rather silly) however if im just sat in the list view of any part of the hub, then it`ll send me to the sms section. i think (hope) we both on the same page now lol
    02-02-13 08:32 PM
    why do people think this is a troll post. He wrote out pretty detailed problems he seems to having with the devices. He is getting suggestions from people and it seems others have issues too. I am glad to see this list so when i get the device i will already know something wont work instead of spending 10-15 minutes to make it work perhaps. Some of it is user error perhaps and that is why crackberry as a community can help him get straightened out or perhaps help others. People keep throwing the troll word around but i dont think they actually know what it means.
    02-02-13 08:33 PM
    2.32AM in the UK - off to bed - intend to respond to anything tomorrow, slightly happier that there's a workaround for Landscape BBM...
    02-02-13 08:33 PM
    why do people think this is a troll post.
    i`ll admit it was tempting to shout troll first as this was the first post, however staying and having a conversation about it proved to be the difference.

thats how i see it anyways, if ya jus drop something then leave you dont look so good, if you stick around and talk it over in a rational way then your just normal and a tad pissed off lol
    02-02-13 08:37 PM
    i`ll admit it was tempting to shout troll first as this was the first post, however staying and having a conversation about it proved to be the difference.

thats how i see it anyways, if ya jus drop something then leave you dont look so good, if you stick around and talk it over in a rational way then your just normal and a tad pissed off lol
    Who cares if it's his first post or ten thousandth post...if what he says is well thought out, well written and actually makes sense, isn't that all that matters?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    h20work, mount.zed, JeepBB and 4 others like this.
    02-02-13 08:44 PM
    Just some comments and rebuttals to the points you made:
    3) Apps have always been an issue with new platforms. Considering BB10 JUST launched, I'd say you should wait a few weeks/months for things to populate further. This platform launch has had the largest initial app count ever, so it's pretty impressive.

6. The first few days it might run hot due to syncing or you just generally playing around with it more.

7. I'm not familiar with any other phone/OS that lets you have a different icon for every single different email account you have attached to your phone. (Honest question: Does the 9780 allow this?)

8. It's a trade off between speed and functionality. Most people don't need that many apps open in the first place. And having too many apps open will probably slow down the phone. They COULD ask, but then you'll have to accept or reject and say you want to use the camera app quickly. You probably want to have that app open as quick as possible.

9. My torch 9810 certainly doesn't have a % number on the screen. If you want to find out the exact percentage, you can go into status to check.

10. The rotation is slow because it is checking to make sure that you actually do want to rotate. If it were faster, it might keep switching back and forth if you're moving around with your phone or something. It's a design decision, not a design flaw. Perhaps they should enable a setting that lets you adjust the rotation delay though.

11. I've actually found this quite annoying as well, but you will get used to flicking things up anyways so this one I would give it time

12. I've never had this issue. perhaps you've got callouses on your finger tips, or you're pressing too lightly/too hard, or pressing with your finger nail, etc. I've found the screen to be quite responsive.

16. Swipe down and you will have numbers and symbols

18. They wanted to maximize screen and considering you can always peek out from your app to check the status, an extra 20 pixels at the top translates to a 2% increase in screen usage.

20.Swipe down to quickly reach the numbers and symbols

22. Quick swipe up. As I have mentioned many times above, most of the decisions seems to be to maximize screen usage for apps, or the active frames, etc. And also to reduce clutter

29. Perhaps it would be good to have a setting that disables confirmation for deletion. But it helps to prevent accidental deletes. Especially if you're using IMAP.

32. It's bigger than the iPhone, about the same size as the Samsung GS3. If it's not comfortable, then you should either get a bigger touch screen phone, or like you said, go back to a qwerty phone. The typing experience is indeed different and is not for everyone.

33. Depending on if you need 3G or 4G, if you're mostly using your phone for calls, text, email, etc. Set your phone to 2G and you'll save a lot of battery life. It's also a full touch screen, it's kind of expected.

Anyways, those are just some rebuttals that I wanted to point out are not necessarily faults of the BB, but perhaps design decisions that improves it in a certain way.

If you're happier with a qwerty phone though, by all means go back. Just don't make it sound like it's the Z10's fault when it's really more of a full touch screen fault.
    02-02-13 08:47 PM
    Can anybody else confirm if the device gets really hot when you are using it?
    02-02-13 08:48 PM
    Sounds like me you need to give a note2 a try. I wanted the bb10 to blow my mind but it looks like another Rom for a android. Before I have haters replay I really don't see anything crazy special that it can do, but at the same time I keep Reading bad reviews. Especially about batter life and the little things that you posted. Maybe a year or 2 with the updates it will be good. Both iOS and android took a good year or two before they really worked well.

beast Galaxy Note 2
    02-02-13 08:48 PM
    I don't find BB10 in any way detracts from my productivity. Sure, BB OS7 provided some conveniences, but we're not talking exactly about show stoppers here. BB10 is simply different.

But wouldn't you expect the newer OS to have more functionality and not less than old OS in terms of handling messages? Just judging by various forums on the 'net, there are very mixed to negative feelings regarding what has been done with the messaging ability of the new OS. And while the OS may be a "baby" to quote one poster, it shouldn't seem like a giant step backwards from where we were. Note, this is solely related to the messaging aspects of the phone and not the media/gaming/browsing aspects of the phone - on these, the new OS is clearly a giant step forward from where we were.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    02-02-13 08:50 PM
    Please advise where you expect to find all these features ? BB10 is brand new. Your suggestions will be considered. How would you suggest that Blackberry implement all your suggestions without complaints from other users that your suggestions are wrong?
    UPDATE:A later post explained to me that most of the 35 items had been fixed in version 7.1 (I only have v6 on my 9700). This makes me appreciate the original post very much! Hope these are addressed before US release!
    Last edited by bbfan1040; 02-03-13 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Info from later post.
    02-02-13 08:53 PM
    Okay. Bunch of things that can be patched in 10.1. But honestly you just sound like a whiner.
    I actually find this to be a very very detailed bit of useful feedback. exactly what rim needs to be reading. nice job OP.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    02-02-13 08:56 PM
    Can anybody else confirm if the device gets really hot when you are using it?
    i have seen a couple people mention it. all phones do though when they are doing intensive activities
    02-02-13 08:59 PM
    So many of these were on my list of what's wrong with the playbook. Sucks that many of them are still there after all this time.

Wish people would stop making excuses about how new and infantile bb10 is, it's pbos take 2. Remember how Thor delayed it so it would be perfect at release? If it isn't as productive at messaging as any 7.1 device, then it is a major step backwards.
    02-02-13 08:59 PM
    I think that the battery life & heat will probably change once everyone gets over "new phone" syndrome and starts using it like they normally would, and not exploring everything.
    02-02-13 09:00 PM
    Nope, I believe it takes 2 clicks on all operating systems, the second click is so you don't accidentally delete something
    Nope, on my Android I click "Delete" and it deletes. Once.
    I don't think this is a troll post. I think this person really should send the Z10 back if they're that unsatisfied. Like all previous models, BB is not for everyone.
    Please advise where you expect to find all these features ? BB10 is brand new. Your suggestions will be considered. How would you suggest that Blackberry implement all your suggestions without complaints from other users that your suggestions are wrong?
    Almost every single one is addressed in 7.1 on my 9850
    should clarify. You have to hold-touch the message, then select the trash can from a side bar that loads on screen (the trash can is at the other end of the screen from your hold-touch) and then confirm (which is where the 'device only' vs 'device and server' option is now missing). This is very long-winded when trying to do multiple times. No way to multiple select, delete-all. I believe a menu setting can turn off the confirmation, although possibly unwise. In the old days a quick Del key + Trackpad push = delete and you could to multi-delete. The action was quick, super quick.
    this is the same issue crackberry kevin mentioned in his review. that the email deletion flow takes too many actions as I recall.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
470 12345 ...