Is anybody having the issue that while typing when you press the space key a period [.] appears which is very annoying.
    I remember I saw that with my previous Bold 3, and it was due to dust under the physical keyboard, which was very easy to fix with a simple cleaning, but now I have a Z10, I wonder if it's something to do with the software... what about you guys?

BBM channel: C0040FF4D..... Proudly Z10 owner...
    08-14-14 03:05 PM
    You are joking, right? If you press spacebar twice it inserts a period. Always been that way. And most of us hope it always will....

Sorry. But I was under the impression that this was common knowledge.
    08-14-14 03:13 PM
    isn't it intentional to get a full stop when tapping spacebar twice?
    08-14-14 03:13 PM
    I honestly think he is naive

Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.700
    08-14-14 03:17 PM
    You are joking, right? If you press spacebar twice it inserts a period. Always been that way. And most of us hope it always will....

Of course, I knew that!!! It's with the simple click, not twice, I knew that when you press it on two times there's a period, that's why I am asking, because it's giving a dot right away.
    08-14-14 03:20 PM

Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.700
    Thank you very much for your comment.
    08-14-14 03:21 PM
    What I really feel is after the last OS update the space bar is more sensitive and speedy.
    08-14-14 03:26 PM
    My wife and I's Q10s do the exact same thing. Drives us crazy!

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 10:26 AM
    When typing fast you could be less accurate. This exactly happens to me too

Join my photography channel
    08-15-14 10:32 AM
    happens to me as well....
    08-15-14 12:02 PM
    Use to happen to me with my Q10 but once I went to the Z30 it stopped happening, I think it's because I no longer have to press buttons.
    08-15-14 12:08 PM
    What a bunch of jerks. I read your initial post as you wrote it and immediately understood you meant a single space bar input putting a period instead on a touch device.

I have this same problem and find it most annoying.

I attribute it to the heat mapping adjusting over time to how and where you place your fingers when inputting characters.

The ways you can try to correct it are make sure that you are hitting the space further away from the period. So you need to be more accurate and then the heat mapping will improve over time as it learns your habits.

Posted via CB10
    jsille likes this.
    08-15-14 01:41 PM

Your illiterate right? He is talking about a single space bar tap on a touch device. Read the post before jumping on someone like that.

Oh and what you are referring to (double space =. ) is optional and can be turned off.

If you're not going to help why chime in!

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 01:43 PM

Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.700
    He's naive? Haha oh the irony. You are for not reading and understanding his questions.

Very helpful input from you by the way.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 01:47 PM
    Your illiterate right? He is talking about a single space bar tap on a touch device. Read the post before jumping on someone like that.

Oh and what you are referring to (double space =. ) is optional and can be turned off.

If you're not going to help why chime in!

Posted via CB10
    Calling JD illiterate LOL
    That's funny.
    08-15-14 02:38 PM
    What a bunch of jerks. I read your initial post as you wrote it and immediately understood you meant a single space bar input putting a period instead on a touch device.

I have this same problem and find it most annoying.

I attribute it to the heat mapping adjusting over time to how and where you place your fingers when inputting characters.

The ways you can try to correct it are make sure that you are hitting the space further away from the period. So you need to be more accurate and then the heat mapping will improve over time as it learns your habits.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you so much for such support and feedback, I felt embarrassed and ashamed. I knew I was experimenting something bad in my typing that's why I wrote this thread. Thank you for your help, now trying to push right in the middle of the space bar and I'm getting better about this. Regards from the Dominican Republic!!!!
    08-15-14 04:27 PM
    Calling JD illiterate LOL
    That's funny.
    Well if someone can't read the guys actual question and berate him or embarrass him for their own misunderstanding then maybe they should just say nothing! Or forget the attempt at a witty answer and actually try to help. I mean what was the point of those responses?

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 05:37 PM
    Well if someone can't read the guys actual question and berate him or embarrass him for their own misunderstanding then maybe they should just say nothing! Or forget the attempt at a witty answer and actually try to help. I mean what was the point of those responses?

Posted via CB10
    +1000 Some people should take more care when reading a post before jumping in with both feet and making a fool of themselves.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" Get's a Ten from Fen.
    08-15-14 05:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    Even if that is the case. You did the same by insulting her.
    08-15-14 07:37 PM
    I always thought Blackberry users were a more refined, polite group.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 07:46 PM
    I always thought Blackberry users were a more refined, polite group.

Posted via CB10
    Lol, now that's funny!!!....lol....

Sent from another device other than my z10, using CB Forums
    08-15-14 07:54 PM
    Even if that is the case. You did the same by insulting her.
    By design! Hardly an insult more of an observation / question.

Also I did in fact try to help the op whereas she didn't.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 08:11 PM
    Hi Jsille,

I suspect the problem with your spacebar is related to the "double type" issue. You can search the Q10 sub-forum regarding this. Quite a number of Q10 owners have faced this problem before. I have this problem as well but more often with the characters.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 02:43 PM
    Hi Jsille,

I suspect the problem with your spacebar is related to the "double type" issue. You can search the Q10 sub-forum regarding this. Quite a number of Q10 owners have faced this problem before. I have this problem as well but more often with the characters.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Posted via CB10
    Wow just wow.

While I think it's great your trying to help out the op you should definitely read his question.

Unless you are intentionally trying to wind us up...he has a z10 and its a single space input that is equalling a period.

So the q10 problems and forum will be of no help.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 12:33 AM
    Whoops...

Apologies for that shiftymagoo. I didn't mean to wind you guys up. My bad... I didn't see clearly that the op is a z10 user.

Sorry for the mistake

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 09:04 AM
26 12