Help, I hope this hasn't already been answered. I managed to get my Blackberry Classic going with the help from this forum, but the stupid MAPS app doesn't work at all, and now googlemaps has packed up saying that my browser is outof date (but I can't download any of its suggestions). Is there a way to get the Blackberry maps app, or googlemaps, to work?
    09-13-22 05:20 PM
    Help, I hope this hasn't already been answered. I managed to get my Blackberry Classic going with the help from this forum, but the stupid MAPS app doesn't work at all, and now googlemaps has packed up saying that my browser is outof date (but I can't download any of its suggestions). Is there a way to get the Blackberry maps app, or googlemaps, to work?
    Don't forget that BB10 runs an android emulator version of 4.3. That is ancient and not to mention that security certificates are well out of date and so and on. There is no way to make a Classic a daily use phone.
    09-13-22 07:26 PM
    BlackBerry Maps app hasn't worked for quite some time and never will again. It's been deprecated. You can find a Google Maps app or website somewhere by searching on the forum here. There is also Magic Earth from here: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...TUyNjMuMC4wLjA and other useful apps. I use this on my Passport and it works quite well but not sure about the slower Classic.
    09-13-22 07:29 PM
    Yeah, BBMaps is done and gone. No server running to send mapping info to your phone.

I had Google Maps 6.14 on my Z10 running up until around last April when I seemed to have lost the GPS. None of the apps that use the GPS get a location anymore. Stock BB10 apps or otherwise.

This is a phone that's been off cell service since late 2017. But Wi-Fi still worked, and GPS worked up until, as I said, last April. That was the date of my last weather reading using my location. I've since changed the setting to a direct input city for my weather, and that works fine.
    09-14-22 12:12 AM
    Osmand, older ver (2.1 if I remember right) still works fine and quite fast on the Classic. Up-to-date downloadable maps. GPS is slow in start nowadays as the phone gets no other info than from its own GPS antenna.
    09-14-22 01:35 AM
    BlackBerry Maps app hasn't worked for quite some time and never will again. It's been deprecated. You can find a Google Maps app or website somewhere by searching on the forum here. There is also Magic Earth from here: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...TUyNjMuMC4wLjA and other useful apps. I use this on my Passport and it works quite well but not sure about the slower Classic.
    I think the classic will be out gunned with magic earth, it just not have the horsepower. But it does work well on the passport, that was a good find!

Big Dog gives the coveted BiG WoOF!
    Attached Thumbnails Issue with Maps-b3e8c4f1-b0db-47a6-a10f-927dc42d8596.jpg  
    09-14-22 07:01 AM