The suits at blackberry need to be replaced plain and simple their marketing sucks. They need a bigger market share (teens). Yet every time I imagine them brainstorming I picture them using words like swag, hip and rad. Making promises and not delivering is unacceptable. Period. BlackBerry is committing suicide.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 09:53 AM
    If I'm an executive at a large company and I'm deciding which smart phones to give to my staff next, I'd be really leary of BlackBerry now. Who wants to invest in a business tool with an iffy future. I want the most reliable and viable tools for my staff. And BlackBerry is not that tool. I'd be looking iPhone or Android. They have a more realistic chance of being around in 3-5 years. That's just realistic thinking.
    If I'm an app developed why would I invest time and money in to a platform that only a miniscule amount of people r buying. I want to be making apps for iPhone and Android. That's just common sense.
    BlackBerry needs to figure out how to sell boat loads of phones in the next 3-6 months or its GAME OVER!

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 10:53 AM
    The worst thing that is going to come from yesterday is the snowballing effect of bad press and perception. The numbers in reality, although not good, were still not far off from BB's estimates (factoring in the Venezuela currency thing). They were further off of the street's estimates but were still ahead of last year.

I think because there is such focus and passion following BB, everything becomes much better or worse than what it is. Some other companies with the same results wouldn't have faced the huge drop that BB did.

Everyone needs to take a deep breath, put things in perspective, and forge ahead. As was pointed out in the latest Crackberry podcast, even Apple and Samsung are struggling.

Just a little factor to keep in mind, think of where a lot of people are in their plan update cycles...if you take the 2 big handsets, Iphone 5 and Samsung S3, a lot of these people are still in their 2yr contracts. One of the reasons the S4 is not selling as well as expected is because it is not that different from the S3 and people are still in their contracts. I'm just saying that BB needs to keep plugging away because there are still customers to be had.

If you are fan and still want BB to succeed, it's critical that we keep our cool, be realistic and constructive, and continue to extoll our own positive experiences. Word of mouth is always the best marketing and the vultures are going to be circling. Believe me, I feel the pain too..I'm long on BBRY and I paid full price for a 64G Playbook the first day in came out in Canada, but I don't want them to fail and I still believe in the QNX OS as the best and most innovative technology to hit the cell market since the first Iphone came out. Forge ahead.
    06-29-13 12:26 PM
    For -njblackberry
    I already told u, why r u upsetting urself with disturbing blackberry experiance and bother urself posting on this forum instead of going to android and ios and be happy...spare urself, blackberry isnt good for ur health

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 01:31 PM
    I'm staying true to BlackBerry, the platform is in its infancy and it works great for my needs. Its only going to get better but BlackBerry needs to do a better job of advertising and demonstrating the real world capabilities of BB10!

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 02:01 PM
    For -njblackberry
    I already told u, why r u upsetting urself with disturbing blackberry experiance and bother urself posting on this forum instead of going to android and ios and be happy...spare urself, blackberry isnt good for ur health

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    Thank u 4 ur concern. I M fine
    TgeekB likes this.
    06-29-13 02:04 PM
    For -njblackberry

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    Don't worry about what others do or tell them what they can say on a public forum. The truth is the truth and plain for all to see. The news was not good this week and will make a comeback even tougher.
    06-29-13 07:47 PM
    I agree with others here. This may be a self fulfilling prophecy. No matter how good BlackBerry is, memories of previous OS and now current reports mean that BlackBerry has a lot of advertising to do. And by that I mean effective advertising.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 08:04 PM
33 12