When you connect and iPhone or iPod to a car stereo via bluetooth or USB the result is clearly different from when an Android or BB10 device is connected.

With an iDevice you can browse through your music, access playlists, etc. I don't have my hopes up, but was curious if anyone knows of a way to make this happen on a BB10 device?

Currently, USB resultings in that f*cking annoying BB link popup happening (surely their is a less intrusive way to suggest BB link), or having the head unit simply treat the phone as a USB mass storage device (UMS). Many vehicles still don't support MTP, so the BB10 device is not even seen as a UMS device, until you go into setting and enable it, but then other things don't work, and it is annoying to switch back and forth.

Android phones are really no better in this aspect. In fact worse in the sense that you can't switch between UMS and MTP with stock firmware, while on BB10 at least you can do that. Has Apple made that iPod interface proprietary?

I found a cool app for android called PodMode which allows an android device to act as an iPod when connected over USB, but it requires building a special cable... Hoping that in 2014 there is an easier solution?

I gladly gave up my iPhone 4 years ago, but I am getting iPhone envy when I see how well 3rd party devices work with iPods/iPhones. When I was younger I messed with linux kernel code to make my scanner work with Debian (linux), but now that I am older (and program for a living), I just want things that work. Path of least resistance...
    08-26-14 01:24 AM
    On a BlackBerry you don't use usb. Use the headset plug...it's been posted many times in these forums over the last year...At least 10 times by myself...you're welcome.....nice language by the way...my grandkids really love learning new words...

CrackBerry Genius on Verizon 10.3.0.1052
    08-26-14 03:17 AM