Just noticed that the CNN has a teaser on their home page in the "The Latest" section about. The iPhone trade in promo.

Q10 (SQN100-3)
    11-26-14 02:05 PM
    The comments are sad,.. as they usually are for CNN 'articles'.
    11-26-14 02:37 PM
    11-26-14 02:47 PM
    If the comments on CNN are reflective of the majority of Americans line of thinking towards BlackBerry, then I truly believe that their is NO hope for BlackBerry in the USA.

Posted via CB10
    spyeagle likes this.
    11-26-14 02:53 PM
    The haters always make more noise than the non-haters. At least there is some awareness being generated... Cost effectively I might add.

Q10 (SQN100-3)
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    11-26-14 03:00 PM
    If the comments on CNN are reflective of the majority of Americans line of thinking towards BlackBerry, then I truly believe that their is NO hope for BlackBerry in the USA.
    And people wonder why the Passport isn't available from any US carriers. Seems BlackBerry took the hint and is focusing on markets where they are actually wanted.
    11-26-14 03:10 PM
    And people wonder why the Passport isn't available from any US carriers. Seems BlackBerry took the hint and is focusing on markets where they are actually wanted.
    For sure. Like I've said,.. BlackBerry doesn't have the money to buy a re-education campaign for the US. They just have to let the perceptions organically (i.e. Slowly and by third party reported positive stories) improve. Better to spend marketing money subsidizing phones for those that are aware of and willing to give them a chance.

Posted via CB10
    budsfan1970 likes this.
    11-26-14 03:13 PM
    Fortunately the people who have time and desire to comment there (or here!) aren't usually representative at all.
    ehroberts likes this.
    11-26-14 03:15 PM
    I've been saying this for years but was told many times that I was being paranoid, or a fan boy. CNN and many others don't want BlackBerry to succeed. It's the best OS, it's fast, very easy to manage and just makes sense. All BB10 needed was support from developers and carriers and got neither so now we are where we are. I think BlackBerry should focus on other markets and allow US consumers buy from them directly. Doing it this way, all BlackBerry lovers will have their phones directly from BlackBerry and not rely on carrier updates or carrier bloat ware. As BlackBerry grows, and people like you and I show how great these devices are and bb10, then maybe, just maybe we shall see some changes from the likes of CNN and many others.

Posted via CB10
    vicks80 and budsfan1970 like this.
    11-26-14 03:16 PM
    I'm paraphrasing here but:

"I won't buy a BlackBerry because people will make fun of me".

What? Is this commenter 12? Seriously, an adult who won't buy something because they are afraid their "friends" will make fun of them. I'd get new friends if I couldn't do what I like with my money without getting made fun of in a negative way. Do we razz each other? Yes, but that's very different from making fun so that I wouldn't buy something I wanted or liked.

A very sad life indeed for those who don't have the confidence to stand on their own two feet without everyone else's approval (which you'll never really get anyways).
    11-26-14 03:42 PM

What? Is this commenter 12? Seriously, an adult who won't buy something because they are afraid their "friends" will make fun of them. I'd get new friends if I couldn't do what I like with my money without getting made fun of in a negative way. Do we razz each other? Yes, but that's very different from making fun so that I wouldn't buy something I wanted or liked.

A very sad life indeed for those who don't have the confidence to stand on their own two feet without everyone else's approval (which you'll never really get anyways).
    I know... very sad. Lemmings man, lemmings.

Q10 (SQN100-3)
    11-26-14 03:53 PM
    I've been saying this for years but was told many times that I was being paranoid, or a fan boy. CNN and many others don't want BlackBerry to succeed. It's the best OS, it's fast, very easy to manage and just makes sense. All BB10 needed was support from developers and carriers and got neither so now we are where we are. I think BlackBerry should focus on other markets and allow US consumers buy from them directly. Doing it this way, all BlackBerry lovers will have their phones directly from BlackBerry and not rely on carrier updates or carrier bloat ware. As BlackBerry grows, and people like you and I show how great these devices are and bb10, then maybe, just maybe we shall see some changes from the likes of CNN and many others.

Posted via CB10
    I think the "changes" begun some time ago. The fact that cnn posted the promo on their home page is a clear example of that.

Q10 (SQN100-3)
    11-26-14 03:56 PM
    I think the "changes" begun some time ago. The fact that cnn posted the promo on their home page is a clear example of that.

Q10 (SQN100-3)
    I agree.... I still think BlackBerry has the best communication device hands down. They also have the best predictive text. And the swipe up on keyboard is simply genuine if you ask me. I only wish there was an alternative to YouTube cause that's about the only thing that I miss from android.... lol

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 04:50 PM
    Just curious, where are those markets that want Blackberry?
    11-26-14 05:14 PM

This literally proves the sheep mentality. People are flat out admitting they are sheep.
    11-26-14 05:39 PM
    I haven't watched it yet but can only imagine,anyway whats's going to happen when they launch the Classic in NYC? I Know,haha,why are they going so fast?Easy BB ,maybe and there is a good chance something will happen to Apple before then,right?
    11-26-14 05:41 PM
    There's no one to blame but BlackBerry. We can lament over all these negative comments and stereotypes with BlackBerry but BlackBerry is to blame.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 05:42 PM
    There's no one to blame but BlackBerry. We can lament over all these negative comments and stereotypes with BlackBerry but BlackBerry is to blame.

Posted via CB10
    Please, that's old regime. This is the new and improved CEO. BB10 is a force to reckon with and maybe someday people will realize this.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 07:00 PM
    I personally feel that moves like this (trade up program) that is not allowing the image of BlackBerry grow. I mean it looks like BlackBerry is desperate to sell it's devices by bribing other customers. Don't get me wrong here, I myself use a BlackBerry, I like it, and yes, it has the best OS in the world and obviously no other phone can even be a match to BlackBerry's specs and technology but as a concerned fan, I don't like this idea. People, after BlackBerry 10 have started appreciating BlackBerry again, it should've waited for people to make a switch on their own. Many of my friends already did, and believe me they didn't need any bribing.

Blackberry 10 device.
    11-27-14 01:18 AM
    Just curious, where are those markets that want Blackberry?
    Think about it. Everyone wants a blackberry. Why would anyone want a phone or something that has Iwhatever attached to the name. Sounds like a kids toy. But until the apps come to blackberry world and Blackberry wins the slab market over with a killer high end and numerous low end for the poor or those on welfare.. then ifans can continue to congregate. Everyone in the Asian countries loved their Blackberry and would love to go back. But not with the hassle of sideloading android apps

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 02:08 AM
    If Blackberry went full Android and somehow kept the hub/ security. Apples days would be numbered. But I prefer BB10. Maybe they should just to get some cash back for Marketing the BB10 hehe..

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 02:12 AM
    I personally feel that moves like this (trade up program) that is not allowing the image of BlackBerry grow. I mean it looks like BlackBerry is desperate to sell it's devices by bribing other customers. Don't get me wrong here, I myself use a BlackBerry, I like it, and yes, it has the best OS in the world and obviously no other phone can even be a match to BlackBerry's specs and technology but as a concerned fan, I don't like this idea. People, after BlackBerry 10 have started appreciating BlackBerry again, it should've waited for people to make a switch on their own. Many of my friends already did, and believe me they didn't need any bribing.

Blackberry 10 device.
    Actually I think it's an approach full of confidence. Why BlackBerry would risk getting a bad reputation if they didn't offer a solid offer in the first place?
    11-27-14 05:45 AM
    Any publicity is good publicity.

I think it's great that CNN and just about anybody else reports this.

The PP is a game changer for sure and articles like this put it on people's radar.

Also, re: disparaging comments on CNN et al. What a bunch of insecure ppl on this forum! Go on most tech sites, when they post an article on Apple the android trolls step in. When they post an article on samsung, the apple trolls show up. It's just the nature of the beast!

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 05:56 AM
    Thanks to many management mishaps from the previous BlackBerry team, and their 6 year late entry to the consumer smartphone market with a competent OS left BlackBerry with a dictionary definition of failure in the US.

Now that the BlackBerry is attempting a comeback, the company has tough time getting it messages across in the market that is truly saturated with iOS and Android.

I do believe that offering $550 worth trading up program (it is rather unprecedented) may make business sense for BlackBerry 's bottom line and putting the Passport to people's hands. But, given current reputation of BlackBerry, fair or not, and the residual brand sentiment, this move will be only viewed as a desperate move to sell unsold inventory.

People will spin this whatever they can to make it a negative story.

This is the fact of life for BlackBerry in the US, until they can string together a few solid profitable quarters. Until then, they will continued to be a laughing stock to ill-informed consumers.

Posted with my super duper BlackBerry Passport.
    11-27-14 09:48 AM
    Cnet's "The 404" show seriously ripped into BlackBerry and it's trade up program. 25:15
    11-28-14 02:15 AM