BB10 is simply the best Os!

Posted via CB10
    AMEN!

 Passport SE  via Native CB10 .bar
    09-16-17 04:44 AM
    BB10 is simply the best Os!

Posted via CB10
    Whoever used or still uses it, knows very well this...most friends of mine have iphon, they change devices almost every year because of problems/issues or because everytime it falls down it brokes..I have the same devices BlackBerry 10 from 4 years Z10-Z30-PPSE no problems at all, they have fallen to the ground a thousand times but they still work perfect An iphon or samsung falls down? It certainly breaks..
    Ok BBOs10 it's ending, no problem, I am happy for all those who have abandoned the ship and now feel at the forefront, may be with tcldroid or iphone x and its new features like swipe for home page or facial sensor...hahaha..I'm still on the ship, sure that when it'll be over, I'll have no problem anyway ....

Posted via CB10
    09-16-17 05:15 AM
    You could be right, I was just saying they didn't have a good marketing as Apple has.
    No one does, I can't think of any tech company that's run as many successful or influential ad campaigns as Apple.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Inc._advertising
    09-16-17 10:15 AM
    There is a difference between no marketing, and effective marketing. BlackBerry DID market the Z10 and Q10. It’s debatable on whether or not the marketing could have changed to make it effective. When you launch a phone that was delayed for nearly a year that was a bug ridden mess at launch with no apps and horrific battery life then I’m not sure that “effective” marketing would have mattered.
    Effective marketing might not have turned everyday around... but it surely would have made a difference.

One thing that is certain... when no one knows you exist there is exactly zero chance.

Excuse after excuse after excuse has been made... but the only certainty is that the zero chance of success was because no one knew about BB10 existed... all the other excuses are irrelevant.
    09-16-17 02:06 PM
    Effective marketing might not have turned everyday around... but it surely would have made a difference.

One thing that is certain... when no one knows you exist there is exactly zero chance.

Excuse after excuse after excuse has been made... but the only certainty is that the zero chance of success was because no one knew about BB10 existed... all the other excuses are irrelevant.
    What about the people who actually knew it and bought one at launch. They didn't stay either.

Blackberry didn't have a chance at anything more than a medium sized niche of people who didn't want all the new and coming apps, and that was if they executed perfectly.

Let's face it, they were never any good at any thing consumer oriented. They lucked into BBOS popularity.

If effective marketing would have gotten them 2 million more sales how many people would have stayed until 10.2.1?
    09-16-17 02:24 PM
    Here are about a decade of smartphone features that are largely missing from BB10, making it unsuitable as a modern smartphone operating system. Like apps, you can go on all day about what you don't need them but, in the end, you are missing something that is a deal-killer for someone else.
    Attached Thumbnails iPhone steals from BB10-screen-shot-2017-09-16-2.40.35-pm.png   iPhone steals from BB10-screen-shot-2017-09-16-2.40.45-pm.png  
    09-16-17 02:46 PM
    In very short, shortest possible...

I started with an AOL pager that happened to be made by Rim and thought it was the coolest thing. That was sort of rare then. I remember having to wait until I left some places at work to start driving for my messages or email to come in. My wife at the time would stay by the windows computer with aol/aim. We were connected! Hah.. This was Black and white. Then when that was expired (service done) all the folks on there were offered a Tmobile free Sidekick (these went on for years) which was "Danger" and it's own OS. Not sure if had anything to do with Rim or BlackBerry but had a keyboard as well as the twist to open flip screen covering the board. These sidekicks were around for awhile as thye advanced and became color, etc. Then I somehow ended up with a Bold and then my favorite the Curve when went to cricket which broke so sought out another keyboard phone. I found the Q10 on Craigslist by typing in Blackberry as by then I realized keyboards were not so popular and also BlackBerry seemed to be the only one to do it right as I forgot cricket offered a cheap keyboard non blackberry which was garbage, had it for a day then purchased that Q10 which I loved. The Russian kid who sold me it told me a q20 and q30 was coming out.

I frequented crackberry so saw the Passport and Classic. By the time I was really Ready to leave the Q10 the SE was just out. Week of.. purchased it direct from BlackBerry and it had an unrecoverable bberror which blackberry tried to fix diligently with me over the phone (including autoloader) but mine was one of the rare cases that it needed to be shipped in. I had a few choices but the one I took was MY personal email phone fixed and they shipped me Box and paperwork in a timely fashion. I had three or so weeks to send It back and my personal life was in array at that moment so it didntbmake the time line or I figured it didn't which was fair enough so I moved onto the LGV10 which stunk because of the 808. I had many androids (tablets) which I messed with so know the OS. I even toyed with a Apple IPhone 5 when it was out as ended up with one for two weeks that I sold. I didn't really give it a chance as it was apple and I was a "BlackBerry guy" so anyway... Yeah, after selling off that horrible V10 I was lucky enough to find a Passport SE on Offerup by me so I grabbed it again. I didn't realize how much I missed it until I got it back. We are like married now. Hah. I am sad that BB10 will eventually not work for me but I'll use it until it doesn't. I'll also put up with a decent amount for the device and OS. So one day it will be gone but for now, it's superb!

Why am I saying all of this?

Id never have had a BlackBerry because of a commercial or in store purchase had I not started that way with Rims AOL pager. I don't remember seeing commercials myself and I am from Philadelphia, P.A. U.S.A. A city like new York should definitely see advertising but nothing is in my memory. Could of, should of.. would of! Yes, it is sad! Has BlackBerry actually came out and said blackberry 10 is EOL? No, correct? It's not been said, printed? I mean we know it but....?

Was Danger anything to do with BlackBerry like my Rim aol pager which was a rebadged 8xxx or something like that as I seen an identical one (I still have mine, seem rare!) but without AOL embedded at the top. Darn, I am getting OLD.

Now here we are.. I can't believe Microsoft just gave up as they have tons of money. If they failed, Welp.. did BlackBerry do better at both of their primes then microsoft? It's a tough industry. I do always wonder, why does everyone that is politically affiliated or high up use BlackBerry or iPhone. Never ever Android. I guess we shall see what the future holds. I am holding out for that 0000000000000000000.1% blackberry gets an update let alone continues with BB10 to go for BB11! #Kidding

So I loved the Aol pager so much with Keyboard by rim that I got a sidekick offered by rim then I loved that so much I upgraded to all of them until they were dead and went to a bold then curve (I LOVED that curve for its time!) and eventually sought out the beautiful Q10 on BB10 to the passport se which is my favorite device ever made and I've messed with a ton of devices just never felt I wanted to put a Sim in it. I did almost end up on a classic, I'd still like one, probably will get one, one day when the offer is there in my face. That (the classic) was in stores when it was released and known! Kids were gettit but hating it for lack of apps! I think about that now and hope that doesn't happen with K1 as in all the brave youngings willing to give it a try already did so with classic (in their eyes) as they are two different animals!..

#GoBlackberry keep it moving......

BTW: I would of never written such a long quick article if not for my Passport or Blackberrys physical keyboard. It's a joy to type on that you just "do"... js.

09-16-17 03:14 PM

That's an excuse within itself. You can say no one knew, but I'd disagree and say that people knew, but they just didn't want BB10 or anything to do with the BlackBerry name.

RIM had fallen so far behind and had made it a habit of treating customers terribly that the brand name was ruined and people saw it as poison.

And You claiming no one knew isn't a certainty. I don't see any marketing around the KEYone, but people seem to be buying it (or enough people are buying it that they are making different variations of it). If good word of mouth gets out about a product, people will buy it. When BB10 launched, it was a mess and the company was a mess. They had just abandoned their high priced tablet to the graveyard and the phone they chose to launch first was inexplicably a touchscreen, which was counter to what BlackBerry was known for. Word of mouth was bad, reviews were bad, and the Z10 was just plain bad, which is why no one bought it.
    09-16-17 03:19 PM
    Here are about a decade of smartphone features that are largely missing from BB10, making it unsuitable as a modern smartphone operating system. Like apps, you can go on all day about what you don't need them but, in the end, you are missing something that is a deal-killer for someone else.
    I am not missing a thing but can see how others are. Allot of the stuff "missing" is stuff that makes the phone even more secure. As in fingerprint scanner. Who needs our fingerprints? No thank you. I been on a v10. I am going to grab another phone or three either G6 or S8 Note along with a K1, I decided just yesterday. I respect samsung for the odd sized screen as well as LG as they even have software built in supporting the 18x10 dimensions. I wish blackberry would go wide again and have their custom android support the apps side by side versus vertically as they are now. Anyway, Just so I can mess about on the very new stuff with all with the Blackberry's apps (especially keyboard) of course.. I want to be up to date and one again compare. The V10 has zip on the Passport imo...

I am awaiting on which K1 to get.
    I wish it wasn't all over the place with the models.
    I like the silver as reminds me of the passport se..
    But we all like extra storage and of course more importantly an extra gig of ram is great. I don't need a dual Sim thank God as then I'd be dealing with yet another company over Blackberry Mobile aka TCL. So two companies are leasing the BlackBerry name and can make the same phones? Is this third company reliable or new to the scene? In india?...

09-16-17 03:23 PM
    That's an excuse within itself. You can say no one knew, but I'd disagree and say that people knew, but they just didn't want BB10 or anything to do with the BlackBerry name.

RIM had fallen so far behind and had made it a habit of treating customers terribly that the brand name was ruined and people saw it as poison.

And You claiming no one knew isn't a certainty. I don't see any marketing around the KEYone, but people seem to be buying it (or enough people are buying it that they are making different variations of it). If good word of mouth gets out about a product, people will buy it. When BB10 launched, it was a mess and the company was a mess. They had just abandoned their high priced tablet to the graveyard and the phone they chose to launch first was inexplicably a touchscreen, which was counter to what BlackBerry was known for. Word of mouth was bad, reviews were bad, and the Z10 was just plain bad, which is why no one bought it.
    Dude the Z10 was bad?

Wasn't it one of Blackberrys most iconic and loved BB10 phones if not all around and people who love all touch bb10 are still utilizing it to this day in 2017?

I don't believe that statement on the Z10. Preposterous!

They gave some fairly long support for a "tablet"".. JS

I still use my PB for certain things. I did last night. Watched a great movie on a great screen with great speakers and battery life!

09-16-17 03:33 PM
    Dude the Z10 was bad?

Wasn't it one of Blackberrys most iconic and loved BB10 phones if not all around and people who love all touch bb10 are still utilizing it to this day in 2017?

When it was released, the Z10 was trash. The camera was horrible and the battery life had about a 2 hour max, and that was with barely using it. It did get better upon software updates, but it was never a great phone. Only the hardcore fanboy stuck with it upon release because it was essentially running a beta OS that wasn't finished.

The Playbook got bare minimum support and was essentially sent to the graveyard the moment that Heins said it wouldn't get BB10.
    09-16-17 03:37 PM
    I counted 7 features (potentially 8 depending on how you define bezels on a pkb device) which isn't bad for a platform that hasn't seen a new phone since 2015. I'm also not sure many would consider the lack of a headphone jack as a "feature".

Overall, I agree with your sentiment, BB10 has definitely been left behind within a year of its last device being released. That chart shows how quickly the industry moves forward and how competitive OS makers need to be to have a shot.

When it was released, the Z10 was trash. The camera was horrible and the battery life had about a 2 hour max, and that was with barely using it. It did get better upon software updates, but it was never a great phone. Only the hardcore fanboy stuck with it upon release because it was essentially running a beta OS that wasn't finished.
    Yeah I wouldn't call the Z10 a great device either, outside of it's size and screen it essentially felt like a beta for the Z30.
    09-16-17 04:32 PM
    Dude the Z10 was bad?

I still use my PB for certain things. I did last night. Watched a great movie on a great screen with great speakers and battery life!

Z10 is one of the best. I still have mine, and working like new. I have the latest OS, the same as on the Passport. Great device.

Posted via CB10
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    09-16-17 04:46 PM
    Even if it was cheaper, it doesn't meet my needs. No file manager. No native cross platform sharing such as bluetooth file or photo sharing. Apple really only plays nice with Apple.
    Actually IOS 11 does have File Manager, I haven't seen enough to know if it's any good...
    09-16-17 04:51 PM
    Actually IOS 11 does have File Manager, I haven't seen enough to know if it's any good...
    At first glance it looks like it still depends heavily on the cloud. Good first step though. If Apple decides to play nice with others I may consider an iDevice one day. Not yet though.
    09-16-17 05:41 PM
    At first glance it looks like it still depends heavily on the cloud. Good first step though. If Apple decides to play nice with others I may consider an iDevice one day. Not yet though.
    The file manager in iOS 11 is similar to the one in BB10. You can access your local phone files as well as files stored on cloud services.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017...ahead-of-wwdc/
    09-16-17 05:48 PM
    The file manager in iOS 11 is similar to the one in BB10. You can access your local phone files as well as files stored on cloud services.

Excellent. (It's about time). I will be watching closely.
    09-16-17 05:52 PM

Well I am test driving OS 11 Gold Master and the file manager only gives access to cloud storages (onedrive, iCloud...). I don’t see any local storage
    09-16-17 07:19 PM
    Well I am test driving OS 11 Gold Master and the file manager only gives access to cloud storages (onedrive, iCloud...). I don’t see any local storage
    Try finding the SD card... oh. Never mind..

Posted via CB10
    09-16-17 07:46 PM
    According to almost every Youtube video...

Well, you tube is actually littered with reasons why the new iphone X is not only a major ripp off but not even innovative and to go with Sammy 8 but not the note. The one in between as it actually has a Bigger battery (that damn pen!) and $100 less. I suppose We shall see about this crazy priced iphone X though...

I wouldn't buy one..

As for the only innovative feature worthy besides those stolen from BB10, Samsung note is capable with a update to also take 60 frames per second 4k video...

It's funny though as they say "any publicity is good publicity".. again, we shall see.. I'd never buy an iPhone.

09-16-17 08:04 PM
    Try finding the SD card... oh. Never mind..

Posted via CB10
    The SD card is gonna be extinct one day on mobile device. Just like the headphone jack.

Funny thing is that when people look back they’ll say Apple had vision. Just like when they got rid of the CD and floppy disk.
    09-16-17 08:50 PM
    The SD card is gonna be extinct one day on mobile device. Just like the headphone jack.

Funny thing is that when people look back they’ll say Apple had vision. Just like when they got rid of the CD and floppy disk.
    They didn't put the headphone jack back yet? I thought tons of folks were complaining? I would need a jack.. lol.

09-16-17 08:55 PM

And that will be a step backwards IMHO, unless another portable storage solution is created. Cloud storage is not the be all and end all.
    09-16-17 08:57 PM
    They didn't put the headphone jack back yet? I thought tons of folks were complaining? I would need a jack.. lol.

The headphone jack will never come back and most manufacturer will probably remove it within the next few years for USB C. Heck... even Apple might move to USB C one day.
    09-16-17 09:00 PM
    The headphone jack will never come back and most manufacturer will probably remove it within the next few years for USB C. Heck... even Apple might move to USB C one day.
    Makes me think - I wish the Passport had a micro hdmi like q10 it sucks having to carry around a separate connection. Why not just make everything the same as the mini hdmi to charge as that would of helped, maybe....or maybe that is sort of what usb-c is.. I know allot of cheap phones that have them are usb-c but version one, not even two. I think it's on three now? At least they all play together as in the cords but version one probably doesn't charge any faster then standard USB charger.

09-16-17 09:08 PM
330 ... 678910 ...