04-22-18 08:24 PM
330 ... 121314
tools
    Unfortunately the phone maker...Blackberry lacked the skill of marketing. If your market share is low then app developers will pass you by. BlackBerry OS10 is a rock solid stable platform and the whole hub concept was uniquely BlackBerry. BlackBerry should of got their heads out of the cloud and under cut it competition so more people would have owned their hand set. Nope they remained out of touch stating their niche was business with high end security. What a cope out. The real losers is the software developers of BlackBerry OS10. Yeah Apple will sure ride the coat tails of BlackBerry gesturing. But hey they fought a hard battle with a pretty good OS of their own. They blew BlackBerry out of the water with their marketing. They made sure their product was amply supported with apps. I am still a BlackBerry OS10 supporter. I don't need all the bells and whistles. I am going to run my OS10 till it's last breath.

Posted via CB10
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    12-28-17 07:29 PM
    Unfortunately the phone maker...Blackberry lacked the skill of marketing. If your market share is low then app developers will pass you by. BlackBerry OS10 is a rock solid stable platform and the whole hub concept was uniquely BlackBerry. BlackBerry should of got their heads out of the cloud and under cut it competition so more people would have owned their hand set. Nope they remained out of touch stating their niche was business with high end security. What a cope out. The real losers is the software developers of BlackBerry OS10. Yeah Apple will sure ride the coat tails of BlackBerry gesturing. But hey they fought a hard battle with a pretty good OS of their own. They blew BlackBerry out of the water with their marketing. They made sure their product was amply supported with apps. I am still a BlackBerry OS10 supporter. I don't need all the bells and whistles. I am going to run my OS10 till it's last breath.

Posted via CB10
    Apple won for a variety of reasons but three of them were they were first so they attracted developers, they didn’t require the extra cost of extra software to get mail from an exchange server and they were vastly bigger than Blackberry. Add to that the fact that BB10 came out years after the competition was over and it’s pretty much a wrap. BB10 needed to come out in 2009 or at the latest 2010. It didn’t.
    12-30-17 01:20 PM
    It sucks that people can't seem to discuss this more without insults being thrown or fanboy this fanboy that. We don't even have windows phone anymore and that isn't good. These companies can only get so much control before they really start doing **** that people hate and we won't have any recourse.

I think my discontent with these companies started with apple removing the headphone jack and how different companies followed their lead of ****tiness. The price increases too have been unfriendly. I like apple and android for the most part but I'm not paying >600 for a phone with no headphone jack
    04-20-18 07:55 PM
    IF we want to get all historical..... When iphone launched in 2007, BlackBerry was almost at it's zenith in the marketplace, and the two co-founders scoffed at it. When they tried to counter with a requested all touch phone, they came out with the HORRIBLE Storm. They also released many models with less than cutting edge specs, and charged the "BlackBerry premium". By the time they were moving away from BBOS, towards a QNX based OS, it was too late. It did not help that they were up to two years delayed in launching BB10. Just ask CrackBerry Kevin how long his hair was at the launch party. He did not cut his hair for about a year, vowing that he would not cut it until BB10 was launched. A "great" OS that was too late to the party, with too few apps, and incomplete when launched. OH, and there were many screams from the WebCentral boys (WebOS) that BlackBerry stole the active frames and gestures from Palm/HP)
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    04-22-18 06:16 PM
    Apple being first with a consumer oriented device and enormous resources and huge ecosystems building from other types of hardware and iTunes software, gave it a huge lead. Google with Android plus enormous resources and OEM support gave it huge marketshare and Ecosystem developer support.

You could have given BB10 to BlackBerry in 2007, in 2015 status, and Google with Android would still have crushed BB10 since implementing Android didn't affect Google revenue flows. Not only was BlackBerry far less capitalized than Apple, Google or Microsoft, each BBOS device switch to BB10 actual eliminated revenue from Blackberry's primary income stream.

BlackBerry was a stagecoach line business at introduction of the automobile.
    04-22-18 08:24 PM
330 ... 121314