Makes me think - I wish the Passport had a micro hdmi like q10 it sucks having to carry around a separate connection. Why not just make everything the same as the mini hdmi to charge as that would of helped, maybe....or maybe that is sort of what usb-c is.. I know allot of cheap phones that have them are usb-c but version one, not even two. I think it's on three now? At least they all play together as in the cords but version one probably doesn't charge any faster then standard USB charger.

 Passport SE  via Native CB10 .bar
    USB C supports HDMI to my knowledge.

It’s finally a reversible USB plug. The previous USB plugs were such a pain to use
    09-16-17 09:55 PM
    USB C supports HDMI to my knowledge.

It’s finally a reversible USB plug. The previous USB plugs were such a pain to use
    Yes it does but only with adaptor. Passport accepts it to I think but only with adaptor. I mean they don't make a cord with usb-c to full size hdmi on other end? Skipping need for the adaptor? Or...do they?

I know so many different generations of USB-C I don't think usb'c one in the recent ZTE mid range devices doesn't support it but gives them the USB'C spec on the box however, once dig deeper, haha..

09-17-17 01:25 AM
    What about the people who actually knew it and bought one at launch. They didn't stay either.

Blackberry didn't have a chance at anything more than a medium sized niche of people who didn't want all the new and coming apps, and that was if they executed perfectly.

Let's face it, they were never any good at any thing consumer oriented. They lucked into BBOS popularity.

If effective marketing would have gotten them 2 million more sales how many people would have stayed until 10.2.1?
    Many stayed and many that goes to ios or android even returned back...But the betrayal that made BlackBerry at it's own operating system with android , obviously caused the biggest migration. Instead of support it BlackBerry has lost a lot of money and time standing and looking at it, without any determination, without believing it developing it and innovate it ...so BlackBerry lost all chances and slowly killed an operating sisyema that had all the potential to be a winning OS and at rhe first place...but it's slowly dying, and for some it's already dead and buried ... but the worst is that for many has never existed ...

Posted via CB10
    09-17-17 05:16 AM
    Yes it does but only with adaptor. Passport accepts it to I think but only with adaptor. I mean they don't make a cord with usb-c to full size hdmi on other end? Skipping need for the adaptor? Or...do they?
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y5WHSVB...UvbUpU13023241

I know so many different generations of USB-C I don't think usb'c one in the recent ZTE mid range devices doesn't support it but gives them the USB'C spec on the box however, once dig deeper, haha..
    It’s hard to understand what you’re talking about, here. Are you confusing USB 3.0/3.1 with USB-C? Pplease explain what you mean by “so many different generations of USB-C.”
    09-17-17 07:19 AM

Well they have mini hdmi to usb c. Never saw full HDMI to USB C
    09-17-17 08:25 AM
    It is possible that Apple is paying a royalty fee to BlackBerry for the use of its proprietary feature.
    09-17-17 08:49 AM
    It is possible that Apple is paying a royalty fee to BlackBerry for the use of its proprietary feature.
    Wouldn't they be paying LG, since they own webOS?
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    09-17-17 08:58 AM
    Well I am test driving OS 11 Gold Master and the file manager only gives access to cloud storages (onedrive, iCloud...). I don’t see any local storage
    Weird, the article I linked to mentions it was demoed at the event and the image even includes a "On My iPad" tab for it. Perhaps they've since removed it?
    09-17-17 10:37 AM
    Weird, the article I linked to mentions it was demoed at the event and the image even includes a "On My iPad" tab for it. Perhaps they've since removed it?
    Well the gold master is the final version. It’s very possible they removed it.

They also removed iMessage archiving in iCloud... I remember it was in the earlier beta and it was really buggy
    09-17-17 11:34 AM
    Now Mr. Chen take a seat and learn how to do a real marketing campaign to sell millions of devices using an idea you developed.
    Yeah cause it's his fault the hand set business failed right?

Posted via CB10
    09-17-17 05:13 PM
    Too funny. I had to log back into to CB after seeing the X video. I guess once I can no longer buy replacements for my Passport I will have something to switch to. Ain't paying iSheep prices for it that's for certain. Will have to wait a while for it to come down in price.
    09-18-17 01:43 AM
    Too funny. I had to log back into to CB after seeing the X video. I guess once I can no longer buy replacements for my Passport I will have something to switch to. Ain't paying iSheep prices for it that's for certain. Will have to wait a while for it to come down in price.
    ISheep? Hahaha

Posted via CB10
    09-18-17 03:02 AM
    ISheep? Hahaha
    If you think that’s fresh or funny, you’re really out of touch. It hasn’t been fresh since 2006, and it’s never been particularly clever.
    09-18-17 07:12 AM
    If you think that’s fresh or funny, you’re really out of touch. It hasn’t been fresh since 2006, and it’s never been particularly clever.
    What are you saying? And about what?

Posted via CB10
    09-18-17 07:38 AM
    Actually. It's always funny. It's like old well written sitcom. Never gets old.... and I can watch it over and over again...

Not to divert too much from this thread.. there is a real reason the term Isheep is still being used.

They are usually referred to as people that like certain type of mobile technology but do not really know what options are available other then the hype and advertising that is in front of them.

These people believe the amazing marketing engine that we know as Apple and follow without questioning if there are better options in the market. They just accept the word from the advertising and other "Isheep" that this is the best device on the market and keep moving forward.

Like a sheep. They are hungry and just keep walking to the next field to eat without looking where they are actually going.

This is the reason this thread is alive and kicking. People within CrackBerry do know the technology that is out there, they do know the features other manufacturers offer thus can criticize the Apple offerings as "old" --"reused"-- technology. And can call majority of iPhone users "Isheep.

If I challenged this forum to make a list of apple or iPhone features that have been used before or even just straight out copied, the list would be very long..

It all started with Xerox and the mouse..
    Most people here would understand that comment..

Hmm. Longer post then I wanted. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-17 09:17 AM
    Actually. It's always funny. It's like old well written sitcom. Never gets old.... and I can watch it over and over again...

Not to divert too much from this thread.. there is a real reason the term Isheep is still being used.

They are usually referred to as people that like certain type of mobile technology but do not really know what options are available other then the hype and advertising that is in front of them.

These people believe the amazing marketing engine that we know as Apple and follow without questioning if there are better options in the market. They just accept the word from the advertising and other "Isheep" that this is the best device on the market and keep moving forward.

Like a sheep. They are hungry and just keep walking to the next field to eat without looking where they are actually going.

This is the reason this thread is alive and kicking. People within CrackBerry do know the technology that is out there, they do know the features other manufacturers offer thus can criticize the Apple offerings as "old" --"reused"-- technology. And can call majority of iPhone users "Isheep.

If I challenged this forum to make a list of apple or iPhone features that have been used before or even just straight out copied, the list would be very long..

Posted via CB10
    Roll eyes over and over again.

You do realize that BB10 is a direct rip off of WebOS. And talk about sheep. BlackBerry users (and I was one of them) bought the same Curve and Bold phones for YEARS!! There was literally zero difference in them outside of a small design tweak and the OS remained stagnant for years but we still bought them.

BlackSheep.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    09-18-17 09:21 AM

You do realize that BB10 is a direct rip off of WebOS. And talk about sheep. BlackBerry users (and I was one of them) bought the same Curve and Bold phones for YEARS!! There was literally zero difference in them outside of a small design tweak and the OS remained stagnant for years but we still bought them.

BlackSheep.
    Yes...talking about BlackBerry 10, that is an operating system that never came into the interest of the Isheep people because totally outside of the trends markets ...

Posted via CB10
    09-18-17 10:22 AM

BlackSheep.
    Yes...talking about BlackBerry 10, that is an operating system that never came into the interest of the Isheep people because totally outside of the trends markets ...

Posted via CB10
    09-18-17 10:23 AM

Posted via CB10
    It never came into the attention of people because when it launched it was a buggy mess and BlackBerry’s name was synonymous with trash.
    johnny_bravo72 likes this.
    09-18-17 11:56 AM

Posted via CB10
    Well what you are referring to as “iSheeps” is what made Apple the biggest corporation in the world. They were clever enough to tap into the market of “simple” and “just works” and “integrated”... something that not BB or Android were clever enough to tap into.

They realized that there’s more money to be made with Ms or Mr Everyone, than to come out with flashy techs and RAM and CPU clock speed and DLNA.

What’s funny is how everyone laughs at iSheeps, mock them, but I bet that BB, Windows, Android (Google) would love, love to be in the same position as Apple!
    MikeX74 likes this.
    09-18-17 12:05 PM
    Well what you are referring to as “iSheeps” is what made Apple the biggest corporation in the world. They were clever enough to tap into the market of “simple” and “just works” and “integrated”... something that not BB or Android were clever enough to tap into.

They realized that there’s more money to be made with Ms or Mr Everyone, than to come out with flashy techs and RAM and CPU clock speed and DLNA.

What’s funny is how everyone laughs at iSheeps, mock them, but I bet that BB, Windows, Android (Google) would love, love to be in the same position as Apple!
    You take money from apple wins? If not why you speak about the company? Makeing a lot of money does not means that the company has the best products...and the fact that a lot of people buy its products even does not meana that the product is the best...rathe in today times most of the multinationals that makes a lot of money, don't do that in favour of customers...but only in the name of money...customerso are in facts only "sheep to be cured" even BlackBerry did it...I can say that apple has been smarter than BlackBerry, but does not have better products.
    Anyway we are speaking of hardware and os...and the hardware ...alwais has been the BlackBerry ones the most solid...for the software...we can speak about that...I still prefer bb10....but it's my opinion...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by blackbp; 09-18-17 at 12:54 PM.
    09-18-17 12:32 PM
    You take money from apple wins? If not why you speak about the company? Makeing a lot of money does not means that the company has the best products...and the fact that a lot of people buy its products even does not meana that the product is the best...rathe in today times most of the multinationals that makes a lot of money, don't do that in favour of customers...but only in the name of money...customerso are in facts only "sheep to be cured" even BlackBerry did it....but we are speaking of hardware and os...and the hardware ...alwais has been the BlackBerry ones the most solid...for the software...we can speak about that...I still prefer bb10....but it's my opinion...

Posted via CB10
    I respect that your prefer BB10, that’s your choice. But you’ll realize that in life, being successful is not having THE best product. You can have the best possible product and fail miserably.

To be successful you need to listen to your clients, and appeal to them. That’s what Apple is good at. They have a good product. No lag, simple, no complicated vocabulary. And they are very very good at customer service. Ever been to an Apple store?

You have a problem with your phone? No question asked... they will exchange it. You don’t wait one week and they won’t give you a temporary phone.

So you guys can call them iSheeps as much as you like, but the real term is LOYALTY. Satisfied customer would be loyal to a brand, even if their product is sub par.

Look at the iPhone 8: it’s just junk with a huge CPU inside, nothing more. And iPhone X? Wont be available for 2 months... doesn’t that remind you of something? (BB delays...). But loyal customers won’t leave Apple. They don’t see it as a delay.
    09-18-17 12:58 PM
    I respect that your prefer BB10, that’s your choice. But you’ll realize that in life, being successful is not having THE best product. You can have the best possible product and fail miserably.

To be successful you need to listen to your clients, and appeal to them. That’s what Apple is good at. They have a good product. No lag, simple, no complicated vocabulary. And they are very very good at customer service. Ever been to an Apple store?

You have a problem with your phone? No question asked... they will exchange it. You don’t wait one week and they won’t give you a temporary phone.

So you guys can call them iSheeps as much as you like, but the real term is LOYALTY. Satisfied customer would be loyal to a brand, even if their product is sub par.

Look at the iPhone 8: it’s just junk with a huge CPU inside, nothing more. And iPhone X? Wont be available for 2 months... doesn’t that remind you of something? (BB delays...). But loyal customers won’t leave Apple. They don’t see it as a delay.
    Most of my family and friends uses apple prodicts and most of them complained of apple products...iphone and imac both for screen problems and other bugs...but even for the support...i do not know where you live but here in europe the tings are different...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by blackbp; 09-18-17 at 06:12 PM.
    Ralf Sigfridsson likes this.
    09-18-17 01:37 PM
    Part of connecting all dots is to obligate the customer to use those technologies and get used to them. On iPhone X you don't have alternatives to gestures and face recognition (if you want to use biometrics).
    When other makers added face recognition to their devices fingerprint readers where provided as well and those were more effective and comfortable to use. Now Apple probably enhanced greatly the face recognition, but it still implies to be in front of the camera and probably use almost the same gesture you had when your face was scanned.
    Ive had faceid for 2 years now (windows phone and surface) its very fast on the phone and im stil using it BUT only 1 out of 10 times, cause its easier typing my pin cause 9 out of 10 times i dont lift my phone up to have it eye to screen at that degree. You can se its the same with the iphone x you really have to have it as you were taking a selfie and thats the problem and why faceid wount be big on phones. Unless they can change that so that the cameria and infrared can change angles.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-17 01:41 PM

Yes, of course Apple is a lot smarter than BlackBerry....that's for sure!

Posted via CB10
    09-18-17 01:44 PM
330 ... 7891011 ...