Chen gave up on BB10. He preferred Android. Case close
    Wrong. Chen gave up on smartphones.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-17 11:51 PM
    Why are there always people new to the forums (i.e. low post count) who think they know it all? How to solve all of BlackBerry's problems? Oh yeah, they're new. Guess what? The topic of viability of BB10, going Android, etc. has been discussed to death... over /six/ years now. Do us a favor and read through the old threads before giving your revolutionary ideas. Thanks.
    They all have the right to express with their own opinion. If you don't like it, don't read it!

Posted via CB10
    09-14-17 11:53 PM
    They all have the right to express with their own opinion. If you don't like it, don't read it!
    I didn't say they couldn't express their ideas... just do us the courtesy of reading all that had been discussed before so we don't have to retread six years of back and forth.
    09-15-17 12:08 AM
    Maybe they read everything, but they still think it could be different.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-17 12:43 AM
    Maybe they read everything, but they still think it could be different.
    Doubtful because we're back at:

Why doesn't BlackBerry revive BB10?
    BlackBerry prefers Android over BB10.
    etc.

How soon before we get questions like, why didn't BlackBerry choose iOS over Android?
    09-15-17 01:02 AM

etc.

How soon before we get questions like, why didn't BlackBerry choose iOS over Android?
    When you see something like that, just provide a link to other threads about it if you want to help. For example that is what Conite does.
    If you don't want to help, just ignore it. I don't think that a if somebody is asking something what was already answered has an impact on your life. Or does it?

What I want to say is just don't be judgemental, new people are welcome.
    I realise that at one point my Passport will become obsolete for what I need it to do, but who knows. Times will change. Maybe some day some company will develop an OS based on some things left behind and they can see why people are frustrated with their devices. MAYBE in 5 years we will have BB11 based on BB10 but changed in 80%. MAYBE apps will not be the main thing in an ecosystem.

So....

Why BlackBerry doesn't continue with BB10?
    Why did they go to Android?
    Why BlackBerry is not in the smartphones market anymore?
    Why ? why?

If my questions bother you, please ignore my stupidity.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-17 02:04 AM
    IOS really sucks they still cant manage a proper mailclient in the device

Posted via CB10
    09-15-17 02:42 AM
    When you see something like that, just provide a link to other threads about it if you want to help. For example that is what Conite does.
    If you don't want to help, just ignore it. I don't think that a if somebody is asking something what was already answered has an impact on your life. Or does it?

I realise that at one point my Passport will become obsolete for what I need it to do, but who knows. Times will change. Maybe some day some company will develop an OS based on some things left behind and they can see why people are frustrated with their devices. MAYBE in 5 years we will have BB11 based on BB10 but changed in 80%. MAYBE apps will not be the main thing in an ecosystem.

So....

Why ? why?

Posted via CB10
    Amen!

 Passport SE  via Native CB10 .bar
    09-15-17 03:46 AM

etc.

The number of posts and years on the forums does not make you and expert. So ignore posts that you don't like and move on.
    09-15-17 06:58 AM
    I agree with all you said except the last part. What does the keyone more like a BlackBerry? Android? It's an Android device with a pkb and some BlackBerry apps.

Posted via CB10
    I've been thinking about why I feel that way and it is really hard to put my finger on. You must keep in mind that I didn't stay with BlackBerry 10 till the end. So there may be some features that were added BB10 that I wasn't around to use and don't know about.

With that said - One part of it is BB10 doesn't have a real home screen. When you swipe up to go home, you're brought to a task switching screen and then the app drawer. With legacy BlackBerry OS and the KEYone, you have a home screen to customize, the app drawer and a task switching view.

Both BBOS and the KEYone offered significantly more customization options than BB10. I used to love making themes for BBOS.

With BlackBerry OS, the Hub, which was called Messages back then, was entirely optional. I didn't use BB10 long, but for the entire time I was using it they basically forced you to use the Hub. With my KEYone and BlackBerry OS, I had icons for each individual account on my phone. Those icons bring me directly to the account I need instantly. With both the KEYone and BBOS I only ever use the Hub/Messages at the end of the day to delete things I no longer need. At the time that I had BB10 devices that wasn't possible. I'm not sure if it has been added now or not.

I can do way more with my KEYone than I could ever do with BB10. My KEYone has all of the apps I could ever need and with Android, I have split screen multitasking. A feature I use practically everyday with my KEYone. The huge assortment of apps, and better multitasking enables me to do far more with my KEYone than I ever could with any of the BB10 devices I had. I am way more productive with a KEYone than I could ever be with BB10. And to me, BlackBerry phones are about getting stuff done.

The last big part of it is the keyboard. My KEYone has already lasted longer without a single double type than my Q10 or Dev Alpha C did. The double type issue that plagued every single physical keyboard BB10 device I touched was the nail in the coffin for my use of BlackBerry 10. My Q10 had its first double type within weeks of arriving. I got a replacement, and it still double typed. I even seen a store display Q10 that was double typing and them store displays didn't last long.

So far (I'm knocking on wood in real life), the KEYone's keyboard is flawless. With a real physical keyboard BlackBerry, you can type out complete sentences without unwanted double lettering. That's something none of my BB10 devices could offer me.

For me, using a KEYone feels more like using a Bold 99 than any of the BB10 devices I used.
    09-15-17 07:01 AM
    Buyers actually made that choice, not mobile operators.
    ...buyers made that choice? I see apple marketing everywhere and I never saw BlackBerry 's marketing...never saw BlackBerry os10 devices advertised on tv here in europe...and we all know that without marketing a product is not even taken into account by the masses

Posted via CB10
    09-15-17 08:58 AM
    ...buyers made that choice? I see apple marketing everywhere and I never saw BlackBerry 's marketing...never saw BlackBerry os10 devices advertised on tv here in europe...and we all know that without marketing a product is not even taken into account by the masses

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry marketed the hell out of he Z10 and Q10 at launch here in the US and in Canada. People didn’t buy the phones because there was no reason for them to.
    Witmen likes this.
    09-15-17 09:00 AM
    BlackBerry marketed the hell out of he Z10 and Q10 at launch here in the US and in Canada. People didn’t buy the phones because there was no reason for them to.
    Indeed. There was a time when I saw that VZW video chat commercial with the two women at least once every single day. There was also magazine ads.
    09-15-17 09:08 AM
    Indeed. There was a time when I saw that VZW video chat commercial with the two women at least once every single day. There was also magazine ads.
    Remember this awfulness:

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/tec...430-1xvui.html

Followed by these terrible ads that ran constantly:

I mean they had a SuperBowl commercial for gods sakes. It’s always hilarious to me when I see “If BlackBerry would have only done marketing the devices would have sold.” They did do marketing, it’s just that no one bought the devices.
    09-15-17 09:16 AM

So....

Why ? why?

Posted via CB10
    Exactly... and so many questions have NEVER been truly answered... only the same tired excuses over and over and over and over again... doesn't make them valid.
    09-15-17 09:35 AM
    No they didn't.

While they did waste money on stupid ads... no one can change the fact that you could ask a hundred people anywhere outside of CB in 2013 if they knew BlackBerry sold an all touch new slab... and not one of them knew.

So it is an indisputable fact that BlackBerry NEVER had ANY effective marketing.
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    09-15-17 09:38 AM
    https://www.digitaltrends.com/apple/...tphones-sadly/

Writer points out how others have beaten Apple in having many technologies first, they just didn't really connect all the dots for the end users, like Apple tries to do (they don't always succeed).

On my Surface Pro I love the face recognition features that allow me to just pick it up and start using it.... I expect with Apple's refinements and better security features, many other will appreciate it too.
    Part of connecting all dots is to obligate the customer to use those technologies and get used to them. On iPhone X you don't have alternatives to gestures and face recognition (if you want to use biometrics).
    When other makers added face recognition to their devices fingerprint readers where provided as well and those were more effective and comfortable to use. Now Apple probably enhanced greatly the face recognition, but it still implies to be in front of the camera and probably use almost the same gesture you had when your face was scanned.
    09-15-17 09:48 AM
    Remember this awfulness:

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/tec...430-1xvui.html

Followed by these terrible ads that ran constantly:

I mean they had a SuperBowl commercial for gods sakes. It’s always hilarious to me when I see “If BlackBerry would have only done marketing the devices would have sold.” They did do marketing, it’s just that no one bought the devices.
    Never did here in europe, never...apple was everywhere... with its prolonged purchase products (You bought a product and then continue to spend to buy all the gadgets that completed it - just like the iphone x and its wireless charger out now...good marketing for the masses...that's it!)

Posted via CB10
    09-15-17 10:08 AM
    No they didn't.

While they did waste money on stupid ads... no one can change the fact that you could ask a hundred people anywhere outside of CB in 2013 if they knew BlackBerry sold an all touch new slab... and not one of them knew.

So it is an indisputable fact that BlackBerry NEVER had ANY effective marketing.
    There is a difference between no marketing, and effective marketing. BlackBerry DID market the Z10 and Q10. It’s debatable on whether or not the marketing could have changed to make it effective. When you launch a phone that was delayed for nearly a year that was a bug ridden mess at launch with no apps and horrific battery life then I’m not sure that “effective” marketing would have mattered.
    MikeX74 likes this.
    09-15-17 10:09 AM
    ...buyers made that choice? I see apple marketing everywhere and I never saw BlackBerry 's marketing...never saw BlackBerry os10 devices advertised on tv here in europe...
    Fun Fact - If you sell hundreds of millions of smartphones, tablets, computers, and accessories then you get to market a ton and reap the rewards. If you’re trying to sell 5 to 10 million smartphones per year, at best, then you don’t get to do much advertising. You don’t get to be a headliner on the main stage of the festival even if you think your bad is just as good.
    09-15-17 10:24 AM
    Fun Fact - If you sell hundreds of millions of smartphones, tablets, computers, and accessories then you get to market a ton and reap the rewards. If you’re trying to sell 5 to 10 million smartphones per year, at best, then you don’t get to do much advertising. You don’t get to be a headliner on the main stage of the festival even if you think your bad is just as good.
    I was talking about the past, 4/6 years ago...

Posted via CB10
    09-15-17 10:29 AM
    No they didn't.

What if they did have effective marketing?

Good ads might be able to sell a bad product, but they can't convince people to keep it.

At launch, BB10 was a mess. A more effective marketing campaign would have just resulted in a higher number of returns.

Heck, I was among the very first people to have a BB10 device. At or months before launch I had the Dev Alpha A, B & C along with two red Z10s that came a little bit afterwards. None of those phones came close to meeting my needs at the launch of BB10.

Thankfully, I got my BB10 phones for free - had I of paid money for them I would have been after a refund real quick.
    MikeX74 likes this.
    09-15-17 10:58 AM

So....

Why ? why?

Provide links to threads spread over six years? Even Conite doesn't do that. It's a significant impact to look up and provide these links; if it wasn't, these new posters would have read them and not repeated known debates.

The main problem with these divergent posts is that they clog up a thread on another topic. We were talking about the new iOS gestures and how they relate to BB10. The thread has diverged into another "failings of BlackBerry and what they could have done better".

The questions you ask have been asked before and debated over before... many, many times. If you truly seek the answers, then Google those questions as CrackBerry threads have provided those very answers.
    09-15-17 11:31 AM
    Or just post in the "Armchair CEO" forum, which is what it's for!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    09-15-17 11:41 AM
    The number of posts and years on the forums does not make you and expert. So ignore posts that you don't like and move on.
    Being on the forums longer means you can recall if a topic has been repeated... and in this case, to death over /six/ years. As for ignoring... it's hard when the thread gets taken over and the low count posters repeat the same arguments /even/ when they're told it's been discussed/debated.
    09-15-17 12:08 PM
330 ... 45678 ...