They just need some apps to go with it
    ...plus they got rid of most of the bloatware associate with the iphone. :-)
    Carjackd likes this.
    09-13-17 11:02 PM
    I smell an opportunity here for Blackberry. They can repackage the Leap and claim it has some of the Latest Apple features at a fraction of the cost.
    You mean something like what Motorola did more than a decade ago?
    https://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,1857265,00.asp
    09-14-17 06:23 AM
    You mean something like what Motorola did more than a decade ago?
    https://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,1857265,00.asp
    Wow! I didn't know Motorola invented iTunes! Thanks for sharing!
    09-14-17 09:46 AM
    https://www.digitaltrends.com/apple/...tphones-sadly/

All Apple does is give these technologies useful, thought-out purposes. Why is that such a hard thing for competitors to pick up on?
    Writer points out how others have beaten Apple in having many technologies first, they just didn't really connect all the dots for the end users, like Apple tries to do (they don't always succeed).

On my Surface Pro I love the face recognition features that allow me to just pick it up and start using it.... I expect with Apple's refinements and better security features, many other will appreciate it too.
    09-14-17 09:52 AM
    My favourite dot to dot connection was Microsoft bailing out Apple (promising Office, when it could have dropped support....sound familiar BB10 ? (netflix, snap etcc)) . Apple at the time was hemmoraging and might have gone under without the deal (sound familiar BlackBerry?).
    Even though its called a Myth by some....I don't think it was....

Stop the lies! The day that Microsoft 'saved' Apple | ZDNet

https://www.wired.com/2009/08/dayintech_0806/
    09-14-17 11:25 AM
    My favourite dot to dot connection was Microsoft bailing out Apple (promising Office, when it could have dropped support....sound familiar BB10 ? (netflix, snap etcc)) . Apple at the time was hemmoraging and might have gone under without the deal (sound familiar BlackBerry?).
    Even though its called a Myth by some....I don't think it was....

Stop the lies! The day that Microsoft 'saved' Apple | ZDNet

https://www.wired.com/2009/08/dayintech_0806/
    Whatever the real story was... Apple needed cash and Microsoft had plenty of it.

They settled on some sort of arrangement and I think it helped both company... even though Apple grew to the monster it is today.
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    09-14-17 11:52 AM
    If only I had the right investment, I swear, BlackBerry would be really grateful they gave us the trademark. Come on people let me find an investor and make BlackBerry great again
    09-14-17 12:33 PM
    Why are you blaming Apple? Blame BB for not having properly implemented it.

BB was first... but no one will know about it if no one buys your phone or finds it too complicated

BTW... How complicated was swipe up on BB10 at introduction?

You had to swipe up once... the another time, then swipe up and right for the hub???
    My brother in law works in the US for a large insurance company. We had a discussion on why they first looked at bb10 then went to Apple.

His explanation was that the jester learning curve was too hard. Everyone wanted a home button. He had his company iPhone and my Z30. I said "it's a simple swipe up". His response was that everyone found it hard in the office.

Now I'm just going to wait until they get their updated IPhone and sarcastically say. "Swipe up? Too hard."

Posted via CB10
    mapperav likes this.
    09-14-17 01:47 PM
    Its honestly surprising to me that so many in this thread think that BB came up with these things that they are claiming Apple copied. Have you ever used any other device? People claim that Apple are blind sheep but this thread is proof positive that there are some people in here that think BB came up with every smartphone concept. In reality, what they did was make inexpensive web and email with BBOS. Everything else they've done is just a rehash or built upon what others have done. I'm not saying Apple doesn't do the same thing, but please get a clue. BB hasn't innovated anything in years, and that includes the hub, which was around before BB's in different variations.
    So the swipe up to awake does excist on other os? Please let me know in that case cause im interested.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-17 01:57 PM
    https://www.digitaltrends.com/apple/...tphones-sadly/

Writer points out how others have beaten Apple in having many technologies first, they just didn't really connect all the dots for the end users, like Apple tries to do (they don't always succeed).

On my Surface Pro I love the face recognition features that allow me to just pick it up and start using it.... I expect with Apple's refinements and better security features, many other will appreciate it too.
    I also use the faceid on my surface but i can tell you that i dont use it on my second phone (windows) cause its dangerous while driving hehe and maby 1 times out of 10 unlooking my phone i raise the phone to an eye level. 9 out of 10 i use it while sitting down or walking or anything besides having it at eye level like a computer or my surface. It just doesnt feel naturual lifting the phone in that position.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-17 02:00 PM
    My brother in law works in the US for a large insurance company. We had a discussion on why they first looked at bb10 then went to Apple.

His explanation was that the jester learning curve was too hard. Everyone wanted a home button. He had his company iPhone and my Z30. I said "it's a simple swipe up". His response was that everyone found it hard in the office.

Now I'm just going to wait until they get their updated IPhone and sarcastically say. "Swipe up? Too hard."

Posted via CB10
    Haha but it’s not because gesture are complicated, it’s the perception of it being complicated.

Also... BB implementation of gesture didn’t come with true hardware advantages. The Z10 still had a bezel where they could had put a home button on.

Whereas the iPhone X has near zero bezel, top and bottom and side... so people, as soon as they see the phone, see the advantage of having a full screen. They will be motivated to learn the gestures.
    09-14-17 02:38 PM
    Somebody said it best in a comment under the iphone unveiling article on CB that showed what looked like BB10.

"It's doesn't PAY to be ahead of your time. The key is to come in at the right time & place with the appropriate formula"

Oh, how TRUE this is for so much in Life..

Why????....

..this really made me think of BB10. Such a shame.
    Then I thought of allot of other things that backs the quote above up like the now glorified Doctor Jack Kevorkian (who is dead but still ahead of his time) that was shunned then jailed in the 90's trying to change the world. He was played by AL Pacino in the movie "You don't know Jack"..

Anyway, yes. It is very similar but I also read allot of folks who blackberry let go were picked up by Apple (I always hated apple cause I always remember them locking everything down?) as in rehired. That's good as they deserved it so I suppose that's what we get?..

Somebody also said that if you really Love blackberry and support them as in BB10 you should buy apple and it's hard to swallow but if the above mentioned is true, so is that statement In a way but I still have a dis'taste for apple.

Should we be happy it exist "again" regardless?..

I also saw another person say how blackberry looks like absolute "fools" now over on Android leaving their own OS. I found that completely obnoxious and untrue as firstly they had not much other choice but that goes without saying how awesome the software on droid is.. now apple. So? They have to play the game and that leaves us with a blackberry choice still so wonder what folks like that are even doing on Crackberry?

Anyway, Samsung used to have their hands (might still?) in every market from making air conditioning units to washer, dryers, etc. They seemed to turn out okay! Eh?

How is Blackberry any different in that regard! I hope they make money and allot of it! Eventually!...

#TeamBlackberry

 Passport SE  via Native CB10 .bar
    09-14-17 02:45 PM
    Some people must have some pretty simplistic notions about what a mobile OS is. Just because Apple adopted a few gestures for its flagship handset, all of a sudden it's related to BB10? I think most of these features were adopted by other platforms so that their devices wouldn't work like iPhones even though they looked like them.

Now when Apple does something different with the iPhone, there's always someone else who was doing that already. If iPhones have a home button then it doesn't take a genius to think about doing the UI without a home button and if you don't have a home button then it doesn't take a genius to figure you need a gesture and if you need a gesture then it doesn't take a genius to figure that swiping up from the bottom would be a good one so as to not interfere with the way the app is accepting inputs.

And, if you want people to be able to switch among apps, it doesn't take a genius to figure that displaying the apps in a smaller window and flipping through them like cards would be a good way of doing it. Remember that the Mac OS file browser has had Cover Flow since they bought it in 2006 long before webOS had cards.
    app_Developer likes this.
    09-14-17 06:21 PM
    Apple had aim for this home swipe up gestures for long, until Chen and BlackBerry officially announced bbos dead and stick with android, is a free gift for Apple to implement bbos gestures and named it "invented by Apple". If Cook make hub integration in the future iphone, blackberry will make bbos 11

Posted via my BlackBerry Classic
    09-14-17 08:10 PM
    Is not late for Chen to start build bbos 11

09-14-17 08:10 PM
    Apple will show BlackBerry how to implement gestures properly.
    09-14-17 08:22 PM
    Just like how BB10 lost swipe down to answer in favor of standardizing to what most Android/iOS users are used to, hopefully this will mean that BB10 gestures will come to the BlackBerry Launcher since BlackBerry will be "brave enough" to put it in or Android will have it stock.
    09-14-17 08:25 PM
    Apple will show BlackBerry how to implement gestures properly.
    ...like the facial one by the Apple exec during the unveiling glitch.
    09-14-17 08:38 PM
    ...like the facial one by the Apple exec during the unveiling glitch.
    Chen gave up on BB10. He preferred Android. Case close
    09-14-17 08:43 PM
    Is not late for Chen to start build bbos 11

I never understood why BlackBerry couldn't make a deal to just license Google play and just refine bbos..

Maybe just easier to go Droid..

Posted via CB10
    09-14-17 09:30 PM
    I never understood why BlackBerry couldn't make a deal to just license Google play and just refine bbos..

Maybe just easier to go Droid..
    Why would Google want to license Play to BB? In the end Google got exactly what they wanted when BB went to Android instead.
    09-14-17 09:56 PM
    Why would Google want to license Play to BB? In the end Google got exactly what they wanted when BB went to Android instead.
    I dunno....anti-trust reasons come to top of the mind.
    09-14-17 10:29 PM
    Maybe 100% royalty of play store reviews

Posted via CB10
    09-14-17 10:32 PM
    That seems quite a stretch, doesn't it? Android already has a totally viable and successful competitor.
    09-14-17 10:33 PM
    Why are there always people new to the forums (i.e. low post count) who think they know it all? How to solve all of BlackBerry's problems? Oh yeah, they're new. Guess what? The topic of viability of BB10, going Android, etc. has been discussed to death... over /six/ years now. Do us a favor and read through the old threads before giving your revolutionary ideas. Thanks.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    09-14-17 11:44 PM
330 ... 34567 ...