Give it a rest. BB10 ripped off webOS shamelessly and there would never have been a BB10 without iOS. The jealousy that runs rampant is never ending. BlackBerry lost. Get over it.
    09-12-17 09:00 PM
    Gestures weren't the reason for BB10's lack of sales.
    There were other reasons, sure, but I've never show a BBOS 10 device announced on TV or newspapers here in Spain. It was all up to mobile operators that, of course, preferred to sell iPhones than q10s...
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    09-13-17 12:38 AM
    There were other reasons, sure, but I've never show a BBOS 10 device announced on TV or newspapers here in Spain. It was all up to mobile operators that, of course, preferred to sell iPhones than q10s...
    Buyers actually made that choice, not mobile operators.
    09-13-17 01:44 AM
    Maybe now blackberry come back to the swipe gesture, as after the iphone realsed they began to 'copy' touch screen phones (at first they sayed touch screens are stupid).
    BTW, the compeny meizu had the swipe up gesture in the last software update.
    I think that blackberry should do the same as meizu, and give the option to choose between regular crap of android, or a good interface of the android but with the swipe gestures and the look of good old blackberry.
    09-13-17 02:06 AM
    Yes, at the end, but BlackBerry had a huge user base and they didn't take advantage of that. They put bbos10 too late in the market and then they failed to do good marketing of it and to imply mobile operators. At least in Spain.
    09-13-17 02:15 AM
    Iphone X my next phone I really wish more new features be updated in ios from bb10. Alex and Chen must be so proud, sooner they will be using iphoneX

Posted via CB10
    09-13-17 03:00 AM
    You guys noticed that iPhone X is actually 10 in roman numerals... like BB10!

In fact it was supposed to be BBX!
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    09-13-17 06:51 AM
    You guys noticed that iPhone X is actually 10 in roman numerals... like BB10!

In fact it was supposed to be BBX!
    For a short while it was..... another BlackBerry blunder of not checking existing trademarks.
    09-13-17 07:04 AM
    For a short while it was..... another BlackBerry blunder of not checking existing trademarks.
    Haha yeah. But the iconic iPhone was also a trademark of Cisco I believe!
    09-13-17 07:12 AM
    IPhone X is pronounced as iPhone Ten. Sounds familiar? BB10 and iPhone Ten (X)...gestures!

@#¿*Berry
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    09-13-17 07:30 AM
    This is nothing new for Apple, most of you are too young to remember this, BUT the original Apple Mac OS is a rip off of PARC OS from Xerox.
    09-13-17 09:33 AM
    Next Apple will invent the Hub. I cat wait

Posted via CB10
    09-13-17 09:38 AM
    Always makes me laugh when I see people complain of other companies copying BB10. When I look back on my time with BB10 I honestly can't think of anything about it that wasn't already available on other platforms.

The UI is a direct copy of Meego Harmattan. The swipe down notifications panel and quick reply were from Android. The Hub was from BlackBerry OS. The gestures were from WebOS. Even the piggybacking off of Android by running it's apps was done first by Jolla Sailfish. BB10 to me always felt like a "me too" OS and never felt like a true BlackBerry. My KEYone feels more like a BlackBerry than any of my BB10 devices.
    donnation and AllanQuatermain like this.
    09-13-17 09:51 AM
    Even the piggybacking off of Android by running it's apps was done first by Jolla Sailfish.
    Excluding the fact that the Playbook supported Android apps, Jolla announced support for Android apps months after BB10 was already released.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/0...droid_support/
    brian4591 likes this.
    09-13-17 10:22 AM
    Excluding the fact that the Playbook supported Android apps, Jolla announced support for Android apps months after BB10 was already released.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/0...droid_support/
    BlackBerry PlayBook and BB10 originally ran ONLY BlackBerry bar files.

A Android app had to be converted to a BlackBerry bar file before they could be installed and used. Those apps then became BlackBerry apps. BlackBerry made it easy for developers to turn their Android apps into BlackBerry apps.

BlackBerry only allowed the use of actual Android apps - as in apk files - months after Jolla Sailfish had already done it.
    09-13-17 10:25 AM
    So as i was wathing the relese of the iphone 8 ill se that there is no home button.... guess how you go back to the home screen folks?!?! .... yuo swipe up like on the BlackBerry os10... damn copy cats. This makes me mad cause now everybody is going to talk about iphone like they invented it. Cause its really better to swipe than to press a button. Anyone else a bit irritated??

Posted via CB10
    Understand the sentiment. Noticed the same.

But when BlackBerry chose to tell no one about it... we can't really complain when others are savvy enough to tell.
    09-13-17 10:50 AM
    Nope... buyers never knew about it.
    09-13-17 10:54 AM
    Right, because they had moved on from BlackBerry long before.
    09-13-17 10:56 AM
    That wasn't Carrier's fault though.... I remember at launch Verizon had a display up front with the Z10... at least for a short while. I suspect the random rebooting issue and lack of key apps like Instagram had them remove it. But BlackBerry kept on marketing BB10, the Z10 and soon after the Q10. They did marketing when they had some hope of a return....

2013 was not the time to show up with a VERY buggy OS and no apps... there was no Cobalt's Google Play Store. Not even sure we could convert and sideload apps right away.
    09-13-17 11:15 AM
    BlackBerry PlayBook and BB10 originally ran ONLY BlackBerry bar files.

A Android app had to be converted to a BlackBerry bar file before they could be installed and used. Those apps then became BlackBerry apps. BlackBerry made it easy for developers to turn their Android apps into BlackBerry apps.

BlackBerry only allowed the use of actual Android apps - as in apk files - months after Jolla Sailfish had already done it.
    It's still an Android app that relies on the runtime. Even then the ability to install apk's directly was included in BB 10.2.1 which was already in public beta at that point, the Sailfish launch was after that.
    09-13-17 12:07 PM
    Always makes me laugh when I see people complain of other companies copying BB10. When I look back on my time with BB10 I honestly can't think of anything about it that wasn't already available on other platforms.

The UI is a direct copy of Meego Harmattan. The swipe down notifications panel and quick reply were from Android. The Hub was from BlackBerry OS. The gestures were from WebOS. Even the piggybacking off of Android by running it's apps was done first by Jolla Sailfish. BB10 to me always felt like a "me too" OS and never felt like a true BlackBerry. My KEYone feels more like a BlackBerry than any of my BB10 devices.
    The switching between the Hub/Running Apps/Apps Drawer were MeeGO, as demonstrated on the N9. The notifications and quick reply was in BB10 before Android, but after webOS, as far as notifications were concerned, though webOS had it at the bottom. Gestures on the PlayBook were closer to webOS than on BB10, especially the "card view". Android runtime capability was in PlayBook/BB10 before Jolla Sailfish.
    09-13-17 12:25 PM
    It's still an Android app that relies on the runtime. Even then the ability to install apk's directly was included in BB 10.2.1 which was already in public beta at that point, the Sailfish launch was after that.
    I'm sorry, but you're wrong.

Jolla’s Sailfish OS is now compatible with Android apps and hardware - The Latest Gadget News and Reviews - GadgetNerdly

Jolla Sailfish started running Apk files on September 16th 2013.

https://m.crackberry.com/blackberry-...-os-developers

BlackBerry released 10.2.1 beta to developers on November 15th 2013.

BB10 couldn't run Android apps until months after Jolla Sailfish could do it. Honestly I don't think BlackBerry would have ever allowed apk files on BlackBerry 10 if it weren't for Jolla doing it first.
    Last edited by Witmen; 09-13-17 at 12:50 PM.
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    09-13-17 12:36 PM
    It's not all about marketing. It's just the sum of all things... yeah apple is super good at marketing their stuff. But they are also good at making them work properly
    If the numbers are to be believed the A11 chip is a monster. And still have to find out more about the new GPU and whether that is indeed an Apple design, which a lot of people have said was not possible. Apple's hardware team is very impressive.
    09-13-17 01:05 PM
    If the numbers are to be believed the A11 chip is a monster. And still have to find out more about the new GPU and whether that is indeed an Apple design, which a lot of people have said was not possible. Apple's hardware team is very impressive.
    Well Apple stated officially that it’s their first fully in house designed GPU. I guess it’s plausible, they have all the ressources for it.
    09-13-17 01:33 PM
    Seriously, enough already. Claiming someone "ripped off" a concept in 2017 is asinine.
    Everything that we use are all concepts that were built on top of other concepts.

Apple is doing what they should be doing - tweaking the user experience a bit to avoid stagnation and differentiate their product.
    09-13-17 01:46 PM
330 12345 ...