Well, all those kids using emojis and emoticons that have been gravitating to iPhone over the past 8 years have completely depleted Blackberry of its customers. 8 years ago, all those kids were Blackberry users.

Those kids who use a different communication style that Blackberry still doesn't understand, became young adults who drive their parents and friends into which phone to embrace - and guess what, it's not Blackberry. And, those same 'kids' are now in the workforce and driving their companies to abandon 'old' technologies like Blackberry as well hence the devastating sales decline of BB's.

Honestly, it's very shortsighted of Blackberry to not be on the cutting edge of innovation and excitement for young customers that become their core customers a few years later, even if some of Blackberry's deteriorating base still doesn't understand emojis.
    ^^ THIS!!

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 04:42 AM
    "Hey, let's NOT have a feature because... umm.... it is for girls! Yeah! Or kids! We don't want no stinking kids or icky girls buying our phones! Having a sub-par feature set is manly!!"

Seriously though, someone mentioned My Little Pony stickers. Where do I get these things!?!?
    ppeters914 and kbz1960 like this.
    06-01-15 08:33 AM
    For those that think emojis are for teenage girls and a grown man working in the business would never use them, I encourage you to check out John Chen's twitter.

iOS gets new emojis and BB still basically nada-picstitch.jpg
    LazyEvul and kbz1960 like this.
    06-03-15 01:00 PM
    For those that think emojis are for teenage girls and a grown man working in the business would never use them, I encourage you to check out John Chen's twitter.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	picstitch.jpg 
Views:	700 
Size:	69.5 KB 
ID:	355850
    And it seems like it's genuinely him lol.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    06-03-15 03:15 PM
    And it seems like it's genuinely him lol.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    Whether it is Chen or one of his assistants doing the actual tweeting is irrelevant. Several posters in this thread dismissed emojis as useless and juvenile while at the same time BlackBerry's CEO either uses them or allows them to be used on his social media site.
    06-03-15 05:57 PM
    Whether it is Chen or one of his assistants doing the actual tweeting is irrelevant. Several posters in this thread, dismissed emojis as useless and juvenile without realizing BlackBerry's CEO uses them.
    You didn't prove otherwise. It wasn't used in business communications, per se. Twitter is pretty informal, no? Emoji's are pretty informal, no?

What benefit or message did the message without words and only emoji's provide? Nothing. So I'll still say they are useless.
    06-03-15 07:42 PM
    I'm sure adding emojis is a Top 10 Critical Must Be Added item.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.2.680
    06-03-15 08:08 PM
    I'm sure adding emojis is a Top 10 Critical Must Be Added item.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.2.680
    I would say so and I'm not even fussed about them.

Emoji's, Call Blocking, Apps.

They are the big three I hear about.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 09:34 PM
    I've only seen that little girl on iphone emojis. Is John Chen tweeting from an Iphone?

Posted via CB10
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    06-04-15 07:34 PM
    New emojis? Whoopi. We have BBM video BBM screen share BBM Natural Sound.......

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 04:53 PM
    In Q10SQN100-5/10.3.2.798 I can use the keyboard suggestions to insert emoji.

For example if type lol -> 😂

Posted via CB10
    06-24-15 01:22 PM
    TachnoGuy is 100% spot on. You can also take this argument for emojis and translate it to SnapChat and other "must have" apps. It's not a form of elitism or pure business sense that BlackBerry doesn't have them..more like stagnation.

Posted via CB10
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    08-24-15 06:48 AM
    BlackBerry is doomed, because the human race values entertainment over productivity.

People wonder why the world economics has tilted in favor of the 1%. While we complain about the ethnicity of yellow happy and sad faces the 1% are laughing at us while they continue to earn more of our money.

BlackBerry's target market is that 1% so I guess they have reached their goal in having 1% market share.

Old school emoticon.

Posted via CB10
    They don't even have 1% last I looked.
    08-24-15 10:19 PM
    Who cares about emojis? Seriously they are for kids aren't they? Sorry but I really don't understand why that's important. If you have a bb10 phone then you either were made to use it by your work or you chose it knowing it's not an iPhone and therefor likely won't have all the needless trendy features such as emojis or emoticons.

Posted via CB10
    Who are the future? Kids. Who's going to be making future decisions? Kids. If you don't get them when they are young you probably won't ever.
    08-24-15 10:24 PM
    This. I don't use them and not a single person I come into contact with via sms sends them to me. Emojis are juvenile and I am not a juvenile.

Posted via CB10
    Ah, you don't have fun? Too bad. You should try it sometime.
    LazyEvul likes this.
    08-24-15 10:25 PM
    You didn't prove otherwise. It wasn't used in business communications, per se. Twitter is pretty informal, no? Emoji's are pretty informal, no?

What benefit or message did the message without words and only emoji's provide? Nothing. So I'll still say they are useless.
    You got kids? Nephews, nieces? Ever text, email, chat with them?
    08-24-15 10:28 PM
    Something so basic...but iOS gets 300 new emojis on top of all they have and BB still has only the most basic ones. Sure...not a major thing, but such a basic thing that a lot of people use, yet BB is once again way behind.

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type
    08-25-15 12:23 PM
    The very same people who dismiss this juvenile fad are the same people whining about BB going to Android.

Can't seem to realize that BlackBerry is losing market share day after day & laying off people. If RIM/BB could adopt quicker to new stuff maybe they wouldn't be in this situation where they now have to adopt another OS just to survive.

This stuff in our hands is technology. If it doesn't adapt month after month, year after year, culture after culture, all the BlackBerry diehards should just go back to land line rotaries.
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    08-25-15 04:00 PM
    You got kids? Nephews, nieces? Ever text, email, chat with them?
    I've not used them in brief emails with the nephews, but my sister in law has used a few, and me and my brother (his wife) don't have an f'n clue what her point was when she uses them. They are not fun, they are confusing.

(she is also the kind of person who texts and BBM's you with a single "hi", then waits for you to ack (minutes can go by) before she starts the next message with whatever she wanted instead of just saying, "hey, you coming out for the BBQ?" in a single message with a simple 1 response).
    08-25-15 05:09 PM
    you can use them on Twitter app :s

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 08:54 PM
    EVERYONE uses emojis now...... EVERYONE. Even my grandmother......

Z30 | 10.3.1.2708
    My grandmother, too. And, she is on Facebook, now. There is no hiding from her. :/

It's all good, though.

 Posted via CB10 on my Q10 
    08-26-15 10:16 PM
    Personally I like the BBM faces more than emojis. They express things a lot better.
    I'm with you on this.

While I like the variety present on Android and iOS (and, BlackBerry, too, for that matter), I love the actual artwork style BlackBerry uses.

The little smiling face just seems to have so much more style than the faces used on other platforms.

I've told people that the only possible competition on this (for me) is if Sonic the Hedgehog had a set of emojis.

 Posted via CB10 on my Q10 
    08-26-15 10:19 PM
    Lol emojis are the concern? That's like worrying about what's for supper when you're visiting someone you love on hospice care.

BlackBerry handsets are dead. They will try to sell out to those who love Android until they learn hard and fast that that won't save them.

Enjoy emojis on another platform, cut your losses, move on.

--STV posting from his now-legacy, relic Z30, while simultaneously cutting his losses and accepting that BlackBerry hardware deserves no further respect from consumers.
    08-28-15 03:18 AM
    Lol emojis are the concern? That's like worrying about what's for supper when you're visiting someone you love on hospice care.
    Ho my... ! Can you stop trolling ?!!! Stop enforcing your view to other. It's really boring to read, and you seem to spit your words in every thread you find. OP spoke of emoticons ; why are you off topic ? Please don't answer.
    08-28-15 04:15 AM
    It's actually moronic how many people have said we don't need emojis... Thats like when Blackberry didn't care about apps. Just because YOU don't care for emoji's it doesn't mean others feel the same. Even if ever single current BlackBerry User didnt use them, then converts will be able to use them and not be disappointed there is yet another thing missing within bb10.

Posted via CB10
    Coachbulldog and kbz1960 like this.
    09-01-15 08:39 AM
232 ... 78910