Constructive criticism is whining and not acknowledging that they are actually improving? People were complaining they couldn't see emojis now we can see them all perfectly. It's coming step by step and yea maybe it's too slow for most of you but that's how software development works. And we do have the core set of emojis that the average person uses so I don't see the urgency in this putting resources into this.

Z10 lasting 4 hours? Not under normal circumstances. At least 8 hours average and you have the ability to swap batteries.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry is not improving. 10.3 is a mess, terrible performance and bugs. Build quality has gone down the tube. Link and BBID is still buggy as hell.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 09:39 AM
    Yea I hear you. Simple fix. Get an iPhone
    the "get an iPhone" or "get an Android" comments are so annoying. People have the right to ask for common features.
    Some people on CB are so rude and irrespectful with a narrow fanboy mind. It makes this forum an unpleasant place to be.

Way too many of them...
    reeneebob and kbz1960 like this.
    05-24-15 12:04 PM
    Yawns. IOS is stanky!!! PLUGS NOSE

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 12:09 PM
    BlackBerry is not improving. 10.3 is a mess, terrible performance and bugs. Build quality has gone down the tube. Link and BBID is still buggy as hell.

Posted via CB10
    There's many versions of 10.3.1 some of which are less buggy than others and 10.3.2 is getting pretty solid.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-24-15 12:29 PM
    BlackBerry is doomed, because the human race values entertainment over productivity.

People wonder why the world economics has tilted in favor of the 1%. While we complain about the ethnicity of yellow happy and sad faces the 1% are laughing at us while they continue to earn more of our money.

BlackBerry's target market is that 1% so I guess they have reached their goal in having 1% market share.

Old school emoticon.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 01:15 PM
    Apple has like a ten thousand to one ratio of teenage girls with iPhones vs teenage girls with BB10 phones.
    True, but isn't this statement accurate about every other demographic too?
    05-24-15 02:51 PM
    True, but isn't this statement accurate about every other demographic too?
    No. Off the top of my head, it would likely be between 10-40 times greater, but not 10,000 times across all demographics. A very large difference.
    05-25-15 09:01 PM
    Can we view emojis sent to us on OS 10.3 now?

Planning to buy a Q5 and this is the one thing that is holding me back.

I need emojis for sms. At least view it
    05-26-15 06:23 PM
    I don't have one person in my contacts that sends emojis. Personally I don't care for them. Maybe if I was a college girl I would get it.
    Wait.....emojis help you get girls?

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.2.680
    05-26-15 07:07 PM
    With Regards to OPs comment, BlackBerry have 57 Emojies standard? Is that to little or something? For me that's more than enough to express yourself.

Also if you using BBM or whatsapp, there are many many more than that + you can use stickers and there is even more of those.

So not sure where the "BlackBerry has no Emojies" come from ??? There are plenty IMO

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    05-27-15 12:16 PM
    With Regards to OPs comment, BlackBerry have 57 Emojies standard? Is that to little or something? For me that's more than enough to express yourself.

Also if you using BBM or whatsapp, there are many many more than that + you can use stickers and there is even more of those.

So not sure where the "BlackBerry has no Emojies" come from ??? There are plenty IMO

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    If you're talking about the smileys that show up in the SMS app, those are not Emoji. They will just appear as plain text (i.e. "") on non-BlackBerry devices. Emoji are a set of characters separate from regular language and numbers, which involve drawings of faces, animals, objects, etc. You can find a table of Unicode Standard Emojis on Wikipedia here, if your device is capable of displaying them: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emoji

BlackBerry 10 is capable of receiving some (though not all) Emoji, but has no ability to send them.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by LazyEvul; 05-27-15 at 05:15 PM.
    05-27-15 04:56 PM
    Can we view emojis sent to us on OS 10.3 now?

Planning to buy a Q5 and this is the one thing that is holding me back.

I need emojis for sms. At least view it
    Yes you can view it since 10.3.1

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 11:56 AM
    Yes you can view it since 10.3.1

Posted via CB10
    Thank you : )
    05-30-15 12:38 AM
    Let them eat cake.
    LOL. Only if there's a guillotine.

Seriously, Whatever BlackBerry can offer their consumers ......they should. Whether I or everyone likes or use them is irrelevant. We could also use one for STFU, and azzclown, too. I have a list of them.
    bungaboy and kbz1960 like this.
    05-30-15 01:36 AM
    If you like emoji's or not... being able to see them, but not being able to send them is kinda stupid. They implemented the unicode within the OS. So what's the deal to just implement it in the keyboard then. Should be very easy! It's available on all other platforms.
    And guys get over it, emoji's are not for kids. Everyone use them. A business guy, a grandma, a kid, a father, a mother, ... Ok you don't need to like it.
    But at least, it needs to be available!

Posted via CB10
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    05-30-15 04:14 AM
    If you like emoji's or not... being able to see them, but not being able to send them is kinda stupid. They implemented the unicode within the OS. So what's the deal to just implement it in the keyboard then. Should be very easy! It's available on all other platforms.
    And guys get over it, emoji's are not for kids. Everyone use them. A business guy, a grandma, a kid, a father, a mother, ... Ok you don't need to like it.
    But at least, it needs to be available!

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I'm changing my tune. Sick of seeing boxes with x's instead of emoji. Seems like a universal standard that should be simple enough to implement.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-15 08:11 AM
    Something so basic...but iOS gets 300 new emojis on top of all they have and BB still has only the most basic ones. Sure...not a major thing, but such a basic thing that a lot of people use, yet BB is once again way behind.

What in the world, who even remotely cares other a 12 year old girl, the basic ones developed years and years meet whatever anyone could probably ever need. Smile, frown, confused, lol done. This isn't even a 1st world problem but perhaps the plight of teenager girl begging to make a point with no spelling skills, and it has generated 8 pages of discussion, seriously, have people all lost their minds, when a phone or os is differentiated by the number and class of emojis.
    05-30-15 08:23 AM
    What in the world, who even remotely cares other a 12 year old girl, the basic ones developed years and years meet whatever anyone could probably ever need. Smile, frown, confused, lol done. This isn't even a 1st world problem but perhaps the plight of teenager girl begging to make a point with no spelling skills, and it has generated 8 pages of discussion, seriously, have people all lost their minds, when a phone or os is differentiated by the number and class of emojis.
    Well, people use it. If you don't, you can simply ignore this thread.
    05-30-15 10:37 AM
    People also have the right to reply how they see fit. That's what makes this site interesting. Just ignore and move on to the next post
    05-31-15 08:37 AM
    Yeah, I'm changing my tune. Sick of seeing boxes with x's instead of emoji. Seems like a universal standard that should be simple enough to implement.

Posted via CB10
    Are you not on 10.3.1? I don't see boxes anymore.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2582
    05-31-15 02:29 PM
    Something so basic...but iOS gets 300 new emojis on top of all they have and BB still has only the most basic ones. Sure...not a major thing, but such a basic thing that a lot of people use, yet BB is once again way behind.
    Who cares about emojis? Seriously they are for kids aren't they? Sorry but I really don't understand why that's important. If you have a bb10 phone then you either were made to use it by your work or you chose it knowing it's not an iPhone and therefor likely won't have all the needless trendy features such as emojis or emoticons.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 03:54 PM
    I don't have one person in my contacts that sends emojis. Personally I don't care for them. Maybe if I was a college girl I would get it.
    This. I don't use them and not a single person I come into contact with via sms sends them to me. Emojis are juvenile and I am not a juvenile.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 07:02 PM
    Who cares about emojis? Seriously they are for kids aren't they? Sorry but I really don't understand why that's important. If you have a bb10 phone then you either were made to use it by your work or you chose it knowing it's not an iPhone and therefor likely won't have all the needless trendy features such as emojis or emoticons.

Posted via CB10
    Well, all those kids using emojis and emoticons that have been gravitating to iPhone over the past 8 years have completely depleted Blackberry of its customers. 8 years ago, all those kids were Blackberry users.

Those kids who use a different communication style that Blackberry still doesn't understand, became young adults who drive their parents and friends into which phone to embrace - and guess what, it's not Blackberry. And, those same 'kids' are now in the workforce and driving their companies to abandon 'old' technologies like Blackberry as well hence the devastating sales decline of BB's.

Honestly, it's very shortsighted of Blackberry to not be on the cutting edge of innovation and excitement for young customers that become their core customers a few years later, even if some of Blackberry's deteriorating base still doesn't understand emojis.
    heplock, devin266, bb_tv and 1 others like this.
    05-31-15 10:59 PM
    Well, all those kids using emojis and emoticons that have been gravitating to iPhone over the past 8 years have completely depleted Blackberry of its customers. 8 years ago, all those kids were Blackberry users.

Those kids who use a different communication style that Blackberry still doesn't understand, became young adults who drive their parents and friends into which phone to embrace - and guess what, it's not Blackberry. And, those same 'kids' are now in the workforce and driving their companies to abandon 'old' technologies like Blackberry as well hence the devastating sales decline of BB's.

Honestly, it's very shortsighted of Blackberry to not be on the cutting edge of innovation and excitement for young customers that become their core customers a few years later, even if some of Blackberry's deteriorating base still doesn't understand emojis.
    Very well said. Have not thought about that.
    Techno-guy likes this.
    06-01-15 04:15 AM
    Emojis are too small... I prefer the stickers...

RED Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    06-01-15 04:38 AM
232 ... 678910