This moronic tools not toys mentality never ceases to amaze me.
    kbz1960, TGR1, BryanVilla and 2 others like this.
    04-10-15 02:34 PM
    What ever you do don't send a 'giant hug' emoji to an iOS or android user. Those of us that has, knows what I'm talking about. As a clue, it does not look anything like a 'hug'.
    04-10-15 03:12 PM
    Something so basic...but iOS gets 300 new emojis on top of all they have and BB still has only the most basic ones. Sure...not a major thing, but such a basic thing that a lot of people use, yet BB is once again way behind.
    LOL so emojis are now the hallmark of the mobile phone technology?

I have heard funny things from people dissing BlackBerry but this really has to take the cake. Are you running OS 10.3+?

You know what Android and Apple are way behind on? A secure phone.
    04-10-15 03:56 PM
    It is sad. Free emojis vs paid stickers. I'd rather have more emojis.
    First world problems. How can I communicate world wide from my fingertips without Emojis!!!!
    04-10-15 03:57 PM
    EVERYONE uses emojis now...... EVERYONE. Even my grandmother......

Z30 | 10.3.1.2708
    False.
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    04-10-15 03:58 PM
    Because they don't want you using SMS! Lol!

This is why the implementation of text messaging contacts into BBM as a feature needs to come back. That was one of my Favorite BBOS features.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    If BlackBerry was smart they would implement BBM like iMessage is implemented and kind of blend it in. iMessage is defacto SMS 2.0.
    BryanVilla likes this.
    04-10-15 04:03 PM
    If BlackBerry was smart they would implement BBM like iMessage is implemented and kind of blend it in. iMessage is defacto SMS 2.0.
    This^ More people would use BBM if it was integrated with SMS but I get their reasoning for not doing it.
    04-10-15 04:21 PM
    Is there really a treat about "smileys"???

That's how we called them in "the days "

Posted via my awesome Classic
    04-10-15 04:24 PM
    This^ More people would use BBM if it was integrated with SMS but I get their reasoning for not doing it.
    Kinda like it was in BBOS

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 04:42 PM
    First world problems. How can I communicate world wide from my fingertips without Emojis!!!!
    I'm having a hard time telling if you're being sarcastic. Could you use an emoji next time?

Posted by twiddling my thumbs on the mighty Qued! - Channel C003DAB77
    kbz1960 and sam81 like this.
    04-10-15 05:02 PM
    People here complain when someone says we need emojis and then those same people keep asking why BlackBerry isn't appealing to the younger generation.

Why come here and say "who cares about emojis" or something like that? If you don't use them, kindly leave the thread, implementation of emojis in the BlackBerry keyboard is needed, whether we're kids men or women, what will you lose if we get that option?

Don't forget to go around asking why all the teenagers like the iPhone and not BlackBerry, reminds me with the app argument "who needs apps when you can use the browser" ahh those people!

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and devin266 like this.
    04-10-15 05:44 PM
    What ever you do don't send a 'giant hug' emoji to an iOS or android user. Those of us that has, knows what I'm talking about. As a clue, it does not look anything like a 'hug'.
    read: Send 'giant hug' emoji to grandma.
    04-10-15 06:06 PM
    Everyone takes things to extreme on here. It's not the end of the world and it's not a big deal. It would just be nice to have more. I bet some of you are no fun at all.
    louzer and sam81 like this.
    04-10-15 06:10 PM
    People here complain when someone says we need emojis and then those same people keep asking why BlackBerry isn't appealing to the younger generation.

Why come here and say "who cares about emojis" or something like that? If you don't use them, kindly leave the thread, implementation of emojis in the BlackBerry keyboard is needed, whether we're kids men or women, what will you lose if we get that option?

Don't forget to go around asking why all the teenagers like the iPhone and not BlackBerry, reminds me with the app argument "who needs apps when you can use the browser" ahh those people!

Posted via CB10
    1. If we don't, then outside people might think "Man, all those crackberry user's are chomping at the bit for emoji's!". The ones who want them would be like, "you can see, everyone wants them really, really bad!". So this is so Blackberry doesn't suddenly make this #1 priority.

2. I've asked a few people why they have iPhones. Emoji's never came up and I highly, highly doubt it would come up, even asking my teenage nephews.

Putting things in perspective, this should be a "nice to have", not "need to have".

The only person I know who uses emoji's is a friend on Skype, and he uses stupid Japanese versions (manga fan) that we always have to ask wtf he meant.
    tre10 and mefretwell like this.
    04-10-15 06:23 PM

2. I've asked a few people why they have iPhones. Emoji's never came up and I highly, highly doubt it would come up, even asking my teenage nephews.
    Yes except for the fact that emojis is definitely one of those things they would take for granted because they've had it for so long already....in their heads they probably think every os has emojis by now dont you think?

Z30 | 10.3.1.2708
    04-10-15 06:34 PM
    This moronic tools not toys mentality never ceases to amaze me.
    99.6% of smartphone buyers would appear to agree.
    Last edited by bp2k7; 04-10-15 at 07:30 PM.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-10-15 07:18 PM
    You all know if BlackBerry had more of these things that teenage girls care about they might have a larger user base and might make more money so you can keep using your phone you love instead of them possible not making these phones you love at all?
    Now you're really being sarcastic.
    kbz1960, louzer and sam81 like this.
    04-10-15 07:45 PM
    Everyone takes things to extreme on here. It's not the end of the world and it's not a big deal. It would just be nice to have more. I bet some of you are no fun at all.
    Let them eat cake.
    kbz1960, louzer and Blacklatino like this.
    04-10-15 07:46 PM
    My $.02 is this. Do I think emojis are stupid? Yes. But when I had an iPhone, did I find myself occasionally using them in light hearted communications with friends? Absolutely.

I work in about as "serious" of a profession as there is, government and politics. My circle of friends consists of young professionals in our 20s and 30s and we use our phones 24/7 for work. Basically the people the Leap is allegedly targeted to.

We send dozens, if not hundreds of emails per day. I'm the only one who still has a BlackBerry. Back in 2009-2011, EVERY SINGLE ONE of them had a Bold or Torch. The others do really like my Passport, but when they get that little bit of free time every day, they want to be on Snapchat, Instagram, Tinder, and sending Emojis in their personal conversations. And they don't have the time to look up workarounds in forums. They want a phone that just does what they want out of the box.

It's a complete myth that somehow business users don't want to use their phones for fun or personal use as well. Businesspeople are still humans. And Emojis have become such a standard in our society that to not have them really does come across as a significant compromise for most smartphone users. If you don't like them, don't use them. But they ought to be built into the BB10 keyboard.
    04-10-15 07:46 PM

It's a complete myth that somehow business users don't want to use their phones for fun or personal use as well. Businesspeople are still humans. And Emojis have become such a standard in our society that to not have them really does come across as a significant compromise for most smartphone users. If you don't like them, don't use them. But they ought to be built into the BB10 keyboard.
    You just hit it on the nose perfectly. I couldn't possibly make it any more clear

Z30 | 10.3.1.2708
    bp2k7 likes this.
    04-10-15 08:00 PM
    Emojis are now an accepted part of popular chat ecosystems. It doesn't matter if you use them or not. They should be there.
    True, and in emails as well.
    bp2k7 and Thesmartmale like this.
    04-10-15 08:00 PM
    Yes except for the fact that emojis is definitely one of those things they would take for granted because they've had it for so long already....in their heads they probably think every os has emojis by now dont you think?

Z30 | 10.3.1.2708
    No, I don't think. If they don't use them, why would they think they are on every platform? It's obviously of little value to them/me. Not sure if that is a worthwhile question or the point of it.

A better question might be if the iPhone users are aware of other platforms. My experience is that Apple users don't really know what is on other platforms. Some people I know really do think Apple invented the phone and is the only smart phone. It's like when people stopped using "smartphone" and "tablet" and exclusively use "iPhone" and "iPad". You start talking about features on other platforms, and their eyes glaze over (recalling a specific lady friend of mine).
    04-10-15 08:30 PM
    My $.02 is this. Do I think emojis are stupid? Yes. But when I had an iPhone, did I find myself occasionally using them in light hearted communications with friends? Absolutely.

I work in about as "serious" of a profession as there is, government and politics. My circle of friends consists of young professionals in our 20s and 30s and we use our phones 24/7 for work. Basically the people the Leap is allegedly targeted to.

We send dozens, if not hundreds of emails per day. I'm the only one who still has a BlackBerry. Back in 2009-2011, EVERY SINGLE ONE of them had a Bold or Torch. The others do really like my Passport, but when they get that little bit of free time every day, they want to be on Snapchat, Instagram, Tinder, and sending Emojis in their personal conversations. And they don't have the time to look up workarounds in forums. They want a phone that just does what they want out of the box.

From OP:
    "Something so basic...but iOS gets 300 new emojis on top of all they have and BB still has only the most basic ones."

I don't think people have a problem with having emoji's, it's the space race to have the most emoji's. I count 200 emoji's in BBM. 300+? It's like we're communicating with aliens using hieroglyphics instead of using words. Full disclaimer, I LOATH when people spell words like "cuz, luv, b4". We have perfectly good auto complete, no point in pidgin typing/talking.

Come on crackberry forums! You're so far behind! You only have like 45. How can you live with yourselves, there are forums that have well over this number. /sarcasm.
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    04-10-15 08:44 PM
    :-0

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    04-10-15 08:45 PM
    I don't think people have a problem with having emoji's, it's the space race to have the most emoji's. I count 200 emoji's in BBM. 300+? It's like we're communicating with aliens using hieroglyphics instead of using words. Full disclaimer, I LOATH when people spell words like "cuz, luv, b4". We have perfectly good auto complete, no point in pidgin typing/talking.
    I get where you're coming from but, the vast majority of people in the world don't use BBM, for instance, I have a total of two contacts. Those two contacts are the only people I can easily send emojis to. I'm glad that some people out there have enough BBM contacts that those are useful to them, but most of us aren't that fortunate.

And regarding the 300 new emojis, iOS is the de facto standard and if you can't receive an iOS emoji, you are left out of the loop. I hate having to ask, "what's that emoji you just tried to send" and then having the person on the other end have to say, "why can't you see it?" Talk about a waste of time. These things should just be compatible across platforms. It ought to just work.

As a side note, I don't know anybody who talks in the "cus, luv, b4" style language. I absolutely loath it as well. Most adults use emojis either as additions to their sentences or in a situation when a graphic can easily get the point across in a much shorter amount of time than typing out a sentence. Sounds like enhanced productivity to me.
    GreenCopperz likes this.
    04-10-15 09:15 PM
232 ... 23456 ...