emojis? If I wanted a kid's toy I'd have bought one. I use a Blackberry because it's build for grown-ups.
    04-10-15 10:24 AM
    emojis? If I wanted a kid's toy I'd have bought one. I use a Blackberry because it's build for grown-ups.
    What's with the mentality on here thinking emojis are for kids?? I'm also confused where in history emojis became a feminine thing?

Z30 | 10.3.1.2708
    kbz1960, TGR1, BryanVilla and 5 others like this.
    04-10-15 10:29 AM
    If your ability to send a message to someone else is dependent on what emojis are available, you're probably doing something wrong in the first place.
    JLErwin3 likes this.
    04-10-15 10:33 AM
    I have to laugh out loud every time someone on iOS/Android complains he can't see the Unicode characters I am using (emoji are a part of this, not a special feature of iOS/Droid).

In my experience BlackBerry on 10.3.1 is the best OS for rendering Unicode. And best of all, they even show a BlackBerry stylised version of most of the emoji, the quality of which I find way better than for example how WhatsApp renders them.

One Tip: Word Substitution! Copy emoji, set up a short handle for them and you can easily use them without an emoji keyboard. Even there, the BlackBerry Keyboard does a great job. 😅 😓 👿 🆒 

You can use emoji on anything your BlackBerry does now, if it doesn't show on the recipient's end it is not your fault, tell them to get a better device.

BlackBerry Passport signed @ Nintendo Social BBM Channel @ C001221B2
    04-10-15 10:39 AM
    If your ability to send a message to someone else is dependent on what emojis are available, you're probably doing something wrong in the first place.
    Or just lamenting your inability to do so.

Posted by twiddling my thumbs on the mighty Qued! - Channel C003DAB77
    Swave514 and kbz1960 like this.
    04-10-15 10:42 AM
    Or just lamenting your inability to do so.

Due to a lack of emojis, I was unable to express if that statement was serious or sarcastic.

04-10-15 10:43 AM
    odd, only a few minutes later you say the only reason you're not using a note4 is because of the HUB...

The Note4 is a good phone, and I like what Samsung has done with the stylus. What it lacks, and what keeps me using my Blackberry, is the Hub.
    04-10-15 10:50 AM
    From Time Magazine:

"It’s notoriously difficult to read tone in texts and emails, but emojis can bridge the gap. “[Emoji users] want to give their texts more personality,” says Fisher. “Here we have a new technology that absolutely jeopardizes your ability to express your emotion… there is no more subtle inflection of the voice … and so we have created another way to express emotions and that is the emoji.”

iOS gets new emojis and BB still basically nada-untitled.png

Match.com's 2014 Singles in America Survey: What Emoji Say About Sex
    kbz1960 and bp2k7 like this.
    04-10-15 10:52 AM
    Go buy some "My Little Pony" stickers and all your problems will be solved.
    04-10-15 11:12 AM
    What happened to this thread? Emojis are extremely popular and obviously many people use them. Probably not much emoji/BB10 overlap but widely popular on iOS and Android. Also, it's interested to see people on Crackberry talk about how emojis are for teens or girls but applaud stickers in BBM. Whether or not I use a feature like emojis, it stinks to see other platforms continuing to add features that BB is not adding as well.
    david7saad likes this.
    04-10-15 11:19 AM
    Go buy some "My Little Pony" stickers and all your problems will be solved.
    They're not available in the BBM store.

kbz1960 and Blacklatino like this.
    04-10-15 11:29 AM
    They're not available in the BBM store.

Bummer..... and I so wanted a Pony to ride *sigh*

Posted from my Passport To The Future
    louzer, kbz1960, sam81 and 1 others like this.
    04-10-15 11:38 AM
    blackberry has bigger problems than not having enough emojis...
    04-10-15 11:47 AM
    Something so basic...but iOS gets 300 new emojis on top of all they have and BB still has only the most basic ones. Sure...not a major thing, but such a basic thing that a lot of people use, yet BB is once again way behind.
    OMG - not limited emojis!!!! Bankruptcy must be imminent!!!

Look out - the sky is falling, Chicken Little ...
    04-10-15 12:12 PM
    Am I seriously the only one who thinks emoji's look stupid and really shouldn't exist?

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2558
    homer1475 likes this.
    04-10-15 12:13 PM
    Is this that much of an issue? I can receive them, it's simple enough to just type the ones you want, and considering half the BB10 devices have PKB, an emoji keyboard would be of limited use anyway.

Also what happened to calling them "emoticons"? Emojis sounds stupid.

Posted via CB10
    paulwallace1234 likes this.
    04-10-15 12:41 PM
    Am I seriously the only one who thinks emoji's look stupid and really shouldn't exist?

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2558
    You are not the only one, but definitely in the minority.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    kbz1960 and BryanVilla like this.
    04-10-15 12:47 PM
    Bbm emoticons the are so much nicer than the crappy standard emojis... I'd like to see them implement that as a standard more than anything
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    04-10-15 12:54 PM
    You sure about that? 'Coz I see lots of childish BlackBerry fanboys here.

Posted from an ME173X
    FCSC, kbz1960, GoJaysGo and 6 others like this.
    04-10-15 12:54 PM
    Is this that much of an issue? I can receive them, it's simple enough to just type the ones you want, and considering half the BB10 devices have PKB, an emoji keyboard would be of limited use anyway.

Posted via CB10
    PKB phones get a virtual keyboard for symbols, currently on the Q10 it's 2 pages, more could be added with various emoticons/emojis.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 01:17 PM
    emojis. You know how much I care about emojis...

not.

at.

all.
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    04-10-15 01:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    It is an issue. I'm on Q10SQN100-4/10.2.1.3358 (current official OS for Sprint Q10). I have tried a few leaks, but always have to roll back for some issue or another. I know many say they use leaks without issue, but it's just not the case with me.

The ability to vew emojis is apparently a function of some of the 10.3.1 leaks ( for 'legacy' devices).

When I'm texting with people on other platforms, emojis appear as a box with an X. In order to be able to see what others are seeing, I would have to install a leak. And to reply with emojis, I would have to set up those I think I'd use as keyboard shortcuts.

Despite what others say here, emojis are becoming a defacto standard for mobile chatting. Also, if I were female, I might take offense to some of the comments in this thread. And, finally, in '09, weren't people saying that iPhones were for teenaged girls? How did that work out?

GreenCopperz likes this.
    04-10-15 02:18 PM
    Nice to see we have all these manly men here that can't bring themselves to use such things. What else makes a man? I hope you don't drink shakes or eat ice cream. Such child stuff. And forget cake! That's for kids.
    Wtf? We don't want to use useless emojis and that equates to putting dessert food for kids only?

Get your logic recalibrated.

I pity your world if you think cake is for kids only.

Is there a Wtf emoji?

If we don't say words like "bae", does that mean we don�t like using words? Or can't use slang at all?

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 02:19 PM
    Wtf? We don't want to use useless emojis and that equates to putting dessert food for kids only?

Get your logic recalibrated.

I pity your world if you think cake is for kids only.

Is there a Wtf emoji?

If we don't say words like "bae", does that mean we don’t like using words? Or can't use slang at all?

Posted via CB10
    Yep, bad example but you get the point. I'm sure if we had emojis there would be a WTF one
    louzer and sam81 like this.
    04-10-15 02:22 PM
    Due to a lack of emojis, I was unable to express if that statement was serious or sarcastic.

/sarcasm

It's existed for at least 20 years.

Posted via CB10
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    04-10-15 02:34 PM
232 12345 ...