Not being a biased, but for an OS that the company is killing softly, I like how the giant company takes something from what's great about BB10 (and maybe in the future they'll copy more). Because if when the OS finally become exclusive for enterprise, I'm just happy to see the remnants of it from another device consumers can use. It just speaks how there was this great OS, but sadly not more than a quarter of the tech population cares about it.
    09-14-15 02:48 PM
    WebOS was first with cards.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-15 07:15 PM
    I disagree.

The problem is the product, especially when compared to other offerings.

I read somewhere that BlackBerry had spent more on consumer-facing ads than Google has for Android in the last few years.

Makes you think.
    Google doesn't advertise Android. Samsung, HTC, ASUS, OnePlus, and so on and so forth advertise for them. BlackBerry isn't only up against Google, it's also up against the entire OHA.

BlackBerry should've advertised BlackBerry 10 way better, double down on it, make everyone aware of it and try it, sell it at lower price. Eat up the loss for the first year, to create enough user base for developers to make the apps.

But that had already been done by Microsoft, still doesn't work. I find BlackBerry 10 to be an amazing OS, I can picture myself looking for used BlackBerry 10 devices in the future to keep using it.

Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.2576
    dakid72 likes this.
    09-15-15 04:24 AM
    Google doesn't advertise Android. Samsung, HTC, ASUS, OnePlus, and so on and so forth advertise for them. BlackBerry isn't only up against Google, it's also up against the entire OHA.

BlackBerry should've advertised BlackBerry 10 way better, double down on it, make everyone aware of it and try it, sell it at lower price. Eat up the loss for the first year, to create enough user base for developers to make the apps.
    This what I am talking about. I'm not saying advertise to try and win-over market share per say. If no one knows about a product how can you win market share or how can you sell your devices? What I'm saying is BB should have done something rather than nothing to get the product in people's hands. Do not rely on carriers to do anything because they are gonna sell what will make them money not necessarily what is better for the customer or what may make them more productive.
    I have used (other people's, not my own) iphone or android whatever and I find them cumbersome. There is too much going on and when I want to find something I feel like I am searching the Sahara to find it. Frustrating is I am the one that a lot of my friends go to when they have issues and I figure it out before them and that is their everyday device, but they look at mine like its a something from the planet Qo'noS.
    09-15-15 01:42 PM
29 12