‎ I am using a BlackBerry Passport and was using PocketCast previously and the player would for no reason just stop and would not respond to bluetooth controls until I hit play again on the app. * I discovered that this is not isolated to just that app as Player FM app is behaving the same way. Unfortunately this means it is due to the latest update in the BB10 OS. * Hope someone has some light to shed on this. It is very annoying and unacceptable. These are two excellent apps that are rendered crap due to some conflict with the OS

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 01:47 AM
    Since these are Android apps i don't think we can demand anything about them. Either they work or they don't. Aren't there native apps that do the same thing that might work better?
    06-05-15 10:16 AM
    The BlackBerry World Podcasting apps totally suck!! If you've used Pocketcast then you've had the best and don't want to go backwards. Not to mention simplicity is key when driving. I am at the very moment testin bPod but am not getting my hopes up. Really don't like it much at all.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 05:23 PM
    I did make the recommendation to the developers to add the option to play podcasts in external player. This would remedy the problem I would think.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 05:33 PM
    Ok just had it happen using bPod aslo. Where The Hell!?!?!? I gues it has nothing to do with android apps then. I am using bluetooth so I will now try with just line in cord to radio and see. This is sad.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 05:40 PM
    Playback interruption was interrupted again with line in. I did notice that upon opening another app that began data downloading did trigger another interruption. Now wondering if a cause may Be cellular. Will be testing with data services on and of for my next step. This is very tricky.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 09:48 PM
    Totally at a loss. I guess I'm the only one getting this the episodes are stored on my SD card but so is my music and no problems there.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 07:46 PM
    What OS versin are you on? What BT device are you using?
    No issues here with podcasts, I use AntennaPod
    06-09-15 08:23 PM
    I'm on 10.3.1.1865. Doesn't matter if it's bluetooth or wired it just happens. I can't figure out what's causing it. Is there a way to look at logs of the OS or something to see what's happening in the background. This is so annoying and ridiculous!

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 11:12 PM
    I'm on 10.3.1.1865. Doesn't matter if it's bluetooth or wired it just happens. I can't figure out what's causing it. Is there a way to look at logs of the OS or something to see what's happening in the background. This is so annoying and ridiculous!

Posted via CB10
    Does it happens win all episodes or just with an specific podcast?
    06-09-15 11:53 PM
    I have found Nobex to be the best podcast player in BB10. I haven't encountered any issues on any OS so far. 10.3.2.689 is my current release

Posted via CB10
    06-10-15 07:01 AM
    I have found Nobex to be the best podcast player in BB10. I haven't encountered any issues on any OS so far. 10.3.2.689 is my current release

Posted via CB10
    That is a really good question. I did not really consider that. I know that it can go for 30-45 minutes before stopping sometimes so shorter podcasts may play through. I will be paying more attention to this in the next few days. I haven't tried Nobex yet but I did try bPod. I will try it as soon as my data gets renewed on the 18th due to stupid android podcast apps downloading without permission. Err!

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 10:14 PM
    Just downloaded Nobex and I really must say it seems very basic with little in the way for advanced settings for automatic download. There is a check box for it but nothing to say how many episodes per subscription or to delete after playing or anything. Very disappointing app. For the trouble it seems like it will be I'd rather hit play numerous times lol. Perhaps I'll just wipe my device and set it up again for fun and see if that fixes it since it seem I'm the only one with the issue.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 11:24 PM
    No doesn't mater what podcast it is they all pause. I think I will wipe my device and start from scratch to see if the glitch disappears.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 10:40 PM
    Got it!!!

Not sure if the card had a problem in the first place but I store all my podcasts on it to save space and when I start a podcast it hesitates only initially and then plays. I thought it was the android software or the phone which may be also in the way it communicates with the card but we will see when I get the new one in. The Podcast app would also pause intermittently whenever Google Maps decided to pop up on the background so I'm thinking now perhaps it has more to do with the podcasts being stored on the card and the data flow is not as fluid as on the internal memory. Now that I had to store the podcasts on the phone it's smooth as butter. Can't wait to get another card in. It was a SanDisk Ultra 64 GB class 10. Thought that would be trouble free.

UPDATE : Don't got it!! Lol. Still doing it

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 04-22-16 at 02:42 PM.
    07-21-15 01:21 AM
    Edited my above post to correct my conclusion.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 07:41 AM
    Well I guess I'm talking to myself since I'm the only one experiencing this pausing issue

I got my new replacement micro SD card from Sandisk and storing the podcasts either on the phone or the SD makes no difference, the Podcast pauses intermittently. It could be 15 minutes or 1 hr, it is totally random. Most of the time or all of the time it's an android app or google ID mod that will start up on the background processes and cause this. This is what I assume.

If anyone else has any similar issue let me know plz

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 10:53 AM
    SOLUTION TO PROBLEM

I have found that it is specific android apps that are causing the interruption when they boot up and sucking resources whether it be cellular or processor or both. I've been using taskmanager app from Google Play Store to monitor android apps and see which apps are the culprits . The only way to put a stop to excessive activity draining battery or cellular and processor use is to go into Android Settings App and Force Stop all the specific Android apps that are starting up. I have had no incident now for a week and that's a first.

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!

I have had absolutely no incidence so this was it for sure.
    I guess that brings this thread to an end and hope anyone having any battery or playing or performance issues find their solution here.

That brings this thread to an end lol. Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 08-22-17 at 04:59 AM.
    02-19-16 10:44 AM