Hey everyone,

I found this interesting article from CNBC while walking my dog tonight. Crakberry is even mentioned in this article as well.

What, No Instagram or Pandora? The BlackBerry App Problem

I also recommend watching this video as well. Oh and by the way, my dog Toby left Jennifer Fritzsche a nice present for her to step in.

RIM Back to Slow Motion? - CNBC

Video Transcript:

Online with, Jennifer fritzsche. good morning to you. a classic sell on the news or a reel belief the company is in a weakened position or both. sounds like you might be more of the latter. yes, i think it wasn't enough. we still have real strong doubts. ville more related to the model and the service revenue changes which was very high margin and revenue stream for them. do you believe it is not revolutionary enough or is that not the point? the buzz around the phone was quite good from a lot of reviewers and it's competitive. for r.i.m. it is too late. they are making on the service revenue aspect of it you look at it Motorola provided a very good example, just very hard to make money, even when your shipping 30 to 50 million a that is a slippery slope that r.i.m. is changing. those who aren't aware, services is where the margins are fatter, the majority of gross project, the sweet spot? a third of r.i.m.'s revenue comes from service revenue. we estimate and we don't know for sure, but about 90% of the profits. we are sure the handset is a negative operating margin. talk about their marketing support. hypes on the today show talking about spending several hundreds of millions of dollars in the next quarter, we know about the super bowl add Sunday, $2 billion in cash, enough there there? a lot of people, the bulls on the stock will look at the cash value, point to the change in cash value alone. i think that is irrelevant. we have them burning almost 700 million in cash next year. that might even be conservative because we really, as you mentioned, they talked about 100 million spent to mark threat thing. we have to bring that number up, put more drain on the cash number. spending more to market this the same time, Jennifer, coming out to market at a delay once again. there is a strong belief that Samsung will come out with another competitive product around the galaxy family before that time. you know, while you can get it to be fair to r.i.m. and other countries this week, even tomorrow, the u.s. testing process could make that march time-frame be later march, puts it every week here so critical. people have compassion for Thorsten Heins, given a hospital pass by the founders when he took over the company. he has bought companies to make it trendier, the touch screen facility a big pet Beth on the way people might use phones in the future, he has brought in to market 70,000 apps with it. What more could the man have done realistically against Samsung sand apple? anything could have done yesterday to have held that stock up? to be very fair, you were right, he was dealt a very difficult hand when he stepped into this role. he has been -- he has done what he could with a very bad lot. however, however, i think the market is against him. you mention 70,000 apps, Simon, but there are some that are missing and it becomes a chicken and egg type thing, people will come to them only if certain apps are there and if -- if those apps -- if people come, the apps probably will come. necessary a very tough position and i think he's done the best co-with a very difficult hand. last question, you know, some argue that maybe their best foot forward would have been to put the keyboard -- the q up first. targeting the people waiting for a new keyboard device for a while would that have mattered? i think there is blackberry loyalists do stay for the keyboard alone. there is something to be said for that, but that is coming likely in April. it is what it is, a lot of doubts and a lot of uncertainty about what the model will look like because of there world of the high margin revenue stream for them. talk about a competitive space. Jennifer, thanks for your time.
    Last edited by 3hb78ftg; 02-06-13 at 08:27 AM.
    02-05-13 10:30 PM
    Troll alert!
    02-05-13 10:45 PM
    Troll alert!
    Perhaps you failed to notice that I am only posting a link to an article and video that expresses different analytical views regarding Blackberry and their new devices as others have in the past. The intention of this post is to inform readers that are interested in "both sides" of the analysts views and opinions.

Please excuse me if this response has inconvenienced you in any way as this is NOT my intention.

Have a nice day.
    02-06-13 07:18 AM
    Troll alert!
    Lol...been a member here for a whopping 1 day and already calling out trolls? Come on man

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Rickroller, JeepBB and 3hb78ftg like this.
    02-06-13 08:04 AM
    Lol...been a member here for a whopping 1 day and already calling out trolls? Come on man

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Maybe he was alerting everyone that he was the troll?
    3hb78ftg likes this.
    02-06-13 09:14 AM
    ...and yet, Google and Apple have none of what is the "service revenue" that BB still has. Jennifer is very myopic and isn't able to comprehend how QNX is very different at its core and what possibilities that this brings... you know, if someone at BB would JUST use the phrase "mobile computing" so maybe she'd... und...er..s Ahhhh... she's just STUPID. That must be it.
    3hb78ftg likes this.
    02-06-13 10:29 AM
    ...and yet, Google and Apple have none of what is the "service revenue" that BB still has. Jennifer is very myopic and isn't able to comprehend how QNX is very different at its core and what possibilities that this brings... you know, if someone at BB would JUST use the phrase "mobile computing" so maybe she'd... und...er..s Ahhhh... she's just STUPID. That must be it.
    I'm not sure the term "mobile computing" with the lack of USB OTG support should be used..
    02-06-13 10:32 AM