Gmail push specifically doesn�t work, because Google intentionally disabled it to promote its own Gmail app. It used to work for some time just like Yahoo still works. From what I�ve heard, Google doesn�t follow the IMAP and CalDAV standards to the letter.

I assume you mean proper background support, since BlackBerry 10 follows the same fullscreen model. It�s true that on BlackBerry 10, applications continue to run in the background, but iOS compensates this with very short loading times when switching between apps and piecemeal background processing. As someone who uses both BlackBerry 10 and iOS 8, the difference is almost unnoticeable, unless you do require the applications to continue processing tasks in the background (which iOS restricts severely to save battery and keep the system responsive).

Actually, you can download attachments, as long as you have an app that can use the filetype and uses local document storage. PDF files can be imported into iBooks or other PDF readers and Office documents can be imported into Microsoft Office apps (or others). Similarly, you can share these PDF files or Office documents from within these apps over e-mail. However, it�s true that no such direct action exists within Apple�s Mail app, even though they�ve added extensions in iOS 8.
    Firstly I mean I can open several copies of an app & carry on a conversation at the same time.

An example of how I achieved this is ;

Reply and carry on a conversation with friend A in the hub using WhatsApp at the same time

Start a conversation with friend B in WhatsApp,

At the same time share a picture taken earlier with friend C from the picture app & continues to a conversation. All these while still replying & carrying on a conversation with friends A & B

Then see a nice girl pass by & snap a picture of her & share it with friend D via WhatsApp using my camera app. Then friend D & I will carry on a conversation about this girl on WhatsApp using my camera app. At the same time I'm still replying other messages from friends A, B & C via WhatsApp using the Hub, WhatsApp & picture app.

This cannot be achieved on iOS.

It is true that you cannot save a file sent to you via email on iOS. I sent a file to my Dad who is using iPhone 5S & he could open the file but cannot edit it unless he download it. He could not download it to his phone unless ge sign up for Box or Dropbox & install it on his phone first.

This file is ultimately saved on his dropbox & not on his phone.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 03:20 AM
    NFC..... lol

| bER1Nry | on the |  Q10 |
    02-14-15 09:59 AM
    It all depends on what BB device you use. If you use a Q10, for example, you can't type numbers in most blocks on websites. So when using the device on your brokages website, you are not able to make trades. Download the apps ? They're Android apps, and don't work on the Q10. Great. But hey, there is a work around, I can use the Q10 as a hotspot for an iPad. I've made trades using legacy devices. This is unacceptable for a device that's "A tool, not a toy" or "Just gets thing done." It might be the developer's fault, but BB needs to step in and up their game.

I've never used What's App before, but I have had multiple conversations before. I don't see your point.

Well on IOS you can have your pics stolen and posted to the world, i don't think you can do that on a Blackberry
    So if I travel to the other side of the world, or even just across town, and replace my BB, can I restore it without having to hook it up to my workstation at home ? If you use your name as a password, and don't delete old backups, I won't say you deserve to get your nudies swiped, well you get my point. I actually think you were making a poor attempt to take a shot at Apple.
    02-14-15 10:14 AM
    It all depends on what BB device you use. If you use a Q10, for example, you can't type numbers in most blocks on websites. So when using the device on your brokages website, you are not able to make trades. Download the apps ? They're Android apps, and don't work on the Q10. Great. But hey, there is a work around, I can use the Q10 as a hotspot for an iPad. I've made trades using legacy devices. This is unacceptable for a device that's "A tool, not a toy" or "Just gets thing done." It might be the developer's fault, but BB needs to step in and up their game.

I've never used What's App before, but I have had multiple conversations before. I don't see your point.

So if I travel to the other side of the world, or even just across town, and replace my BB, can I restore it without having to hook it up to my workstation at home ? If you use your name as a password, and don't delete old backups, I won't say you deserve to get your nudies swiped, well you get my point. I actually think you were making a poor attempt to take a shot at Apple.
    No actually I don't get your point, I think it's a poor attempt by you to reply to a joke with a bunch of garbage,
    02-14-15 10:27 AM
    It is true that you cannot save a file sent to you via email on iOS. I sent a file to my Dad who is using iPhone 5S & he could open the file but cannot edit it unless he download it. He could not download it to his phone unless ge sign up for Box or Dropbox & install it on his phone first.

This file is ultimately saved on his dropbox & not on his phone.
    That’s because iOS does not have a central, user-accessible file storage. Only apps can store files and due to the sandboxed nature of iOS, they can’t access files saved by other apps.

What you can do is sharing a file with an app that supports the format. iOS has no app that can handle Office documents by default (aside from previewing them in Mail). For that you need an app that supports the filetype, like Dropbox does. Another one is Microsoft Office. Since you can create and edit, say, Word documents in Microsoft Word, Mail will allow you to share those documents with that app and it in turn will import and store them locally. So it’s not impossible to do it, it’s just a different logic.
    02-14-15 07:24 PM
    That�s because iOS does not have a central, user-accessible file storage. Only apps can store files and due to the sandboxed nature of iOS, they can�t access files saved by other apps.

What you can do is sharing a file with an app that supports the format. iOS has no app that can handle Office documents by default (aside from previewing them in Mail). For that you need an app that supports the filetype, like Dropbox does. Another one is Microsoft Office. Since you can create and edit, say, Word documents in Microsoft Word, Mail will allow you to share those documents with that app and it in turn will import and store them locally. So it�s not impossible to do it, it�s just a different logic.
    Well that's so stupid I can do all that with my BlackBerry out of the box.

Maybe that's why BlackBerry doesn't need so many apps.

In any case this thread is asking what iOS cannot do, so that's what it cannot do. We're not here to find excuses for why iPhone cannot do certain things just to know what it cannot do. For that perhaps you need another thread to discuss why iPhone cannot do this or that.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 12:31 AM
    Well for one I can save my contacts to my sim card on a BlackBerry while on the iPhone you need an app or some other work around...

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 11:59 AM
    We can delve into all sorts of specifics if you like, however, given that Apple just announced that they have sold a billion iOS devices over the years and they are pretty much the most profitable company that ever existed, and that that profit mostly depends on iOS devices then one can safely assume that they are putting a ton of resources into iOS. Unless Apple software engineers are a bunch of non-productive dummies compared to Blackberry software engineers one can expect that iOS will lead in capabilities while BB10 will be trying to keep up with the resources they have.
    Fads will always outsell function, you can dance like a ***** to gangham style at a party but it will never be called dancing in the traditional sense. Although you have to know how to do it to dance with everyone at the parties when it comes on, hence the fad.

Iphones are nice to have to fit in to the social crowd but don't have the hub, usb on the go, and hdmi hub or extra storage without paying a bunch of money to get something from apple similar.

And if other companies didn't pay taxes to their countries like apple is doing to screw America, they would not be the only billion dollar business around.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    02-17-15 12:14 PM
    Well that's so stupid I can do all that with my BlackBerry out of the box.

Maybe that's why BlackBerry doesn't need so many apps.

In any case this thread is asking what iOS cannot do, so that's what it cannot do. We're not here to find excuses for why iPhone cannot do certain things just to know what it cannot do. For that perhaps you need another thread to discuss why iPhone cannot do this or that.
    BlackBerry’s approach isn’t all that different. You can’t edit documents in e-mails directly either, you need to open them in Docs To Go/Word To Go (a separate app). You can view Word documents both in iOS Mail and BlackBerry Hub, but editing happens in separate apps. Word To Go can save your files with the file manager, whereas on iOS these documents are stored with the app. The real difference is that BlackBerry has Docs To Go preinstalled, whereas on iOS you can download Microsoft Office or Apple Pages for free in the App Store (I assume because these are relatively big apps and unnecessary for many users).

I’m just here to point out the wrong claims that some people make. You said: “It is true that you cannot save a file sent to you via email on iOS. I sent a file to my Dad who is using iPhone 5S & he could open the file but cannot edit it unless he download it. He could not download it to his phone unless ge sign up for Box or Dropbox & install it on his phone first.” That is factually wrong. If you don’t want to be called out for this or don’t want to argue this, then don’t mention your hearsay knowledge in the first place.
    02-18-15 03:44 AM
    BlackBerry�s approach isn�t all that different. You can�t edit documents in e-mails directly either, you need to open them in Docs To Go/Word To Go (a separate app). You can view Word documents both in iOS Mail and BlackBerry Hub, but editing happens in separate apps. Word To Go can save your files with the file manager, whereas on iOS these documents are stored with the app. The real difference is that BlackBerry has Docs To Go preinstalled, whereas on iOS you can download Microsoft Office or Apple Pages for free in the App Store (I assume because these are relatively big apps and unnecessary for many users).

I�m just here to point out the wrong claims that some people make. You said: �It is true that you cannot save a file sent to you via email on iOS. I sent a file to my Dad who is using iPhone 5S & he could open the file but cannot edit it unless he download it. He could not download it to his phone unless ge sign up for Box or Dropbox & install it on his phone first.� That is factually wrong. If you don�t want to be called out for this or don�t want to argue this, then don�t mention your hearsay knowledge in the first place.
    Sorry I think you are wrong.

In BlackBerry 10 Documents to go is preinstalled so I don't have to go look for another app to work on files sent to me. This makes a whole world of difference at least I don't have to go figure out that I need another app first. Yes, I have to open the documents received in document to go in order to edit it. Then again it is totally seamless in BlackBerry 10 coz all I have to do is tap on edit. When I'm done I just send it back by tapping on the share button. It will automatically be saved & sent to the person I want to.

Whereas in iOS you have to download an app first so that you can download the documents. Then open the app to open the documents & then edit it & save it first before you send back.

It is a fact that you need dropbox or Box in order for iOS to download documents. That is what the instructions given when I was helping my dad download a document into his iPhone 5S. If that is what the pop up says when we try to download the documents from the email I'm sure it is not hearsay.

Please don't try to make iPhone look good when it is truly lacking.

In any case this thread ask for things iOS cannot do that BlackBerry 10 can not defend what iOS can do by using several apps one at a time.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 05:29 AM
    We can delve into all sorts of specifics if you like, however, given that Apple just announced that they have sold a billion iOS devices over the years and they are pretty much the most profitable company that ever existed, and that that profit mostly depends on iOS devices then one can safely assume that they are putting a ton of resources into iOS. Unless Apple software engineers are a bunch of non-productive dummies compared to Blackberry software engineers one can expect that iOS will lead in capabilities while BB10 will be trying to keep up with the resources they have.
    What number of developers work for each company?

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 05:55 AM
    More often than not, comparing Apples and BlackBerry's in a forum is like...well...comparing apples and oranges, but without the science...
    02-18-15 06:14 AM
    I should have been more specific. I meant IMAP Push. If you use the native mail client, iOS will require you to poll your Gmail account at a specified interval. For IMAP push, you have to use the Gmail app.
    No all my Gmail email comes through via imap push on my BlackBerry 10 device have several email accounts linked to it as well, no need for the Gmail app tbh

@ZEDTROSPEKTIV Via BlackBerry Passport, previous Z10, Bold 9790, Bold 9700, Curve 3G, Curve 8250 (1st BB)
    02-18-15 06:50 AM
    Workwide! Lol 'nuff said

PasaportePilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.2267
    02-18-15 06:54 AM
    Would you mind if I made that my signature? Poorly worded titles bothers me to the core (I've posted a number of times to OP's) and not many seem to care .
    If you can cramp it out to be a 4 line signature, be our guest.
    02-18-15 08:50 AM
    Try to have a title that reflects your post? Your title says one thing your post asks something else.
    02-18-15 09:03 AM
    It was a misunderstanding by a moderator and the OP didn't clarify it lol
    02-18-15 12:36 PM
67 123