I can't seem to find a way to work around this. I am not able to directly interact with my twitter contacts unless they are in my Q10's address book.

To explain, one of my friends does not have his twitter name listed in my phone book. When I try to tweet to him, the app doesn't auto populate the twitter handle. My legacy device did this no problem.

I'm not one to recall everyone's twitter handle as they sometimes change, so this is very aggravating.

This is not to gripe about BBOS vs BB10. If anyone can assist me with this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Posted via Pilot's Q10
    07-03-13 10:15 AM
    So a couple of questions:

1) are you using the built in Twitter app or a third party app?

2) if the built in app, are you trying to compose messages from the Hub, the App or both?

3) again if the built in app, did you select to synchronize your Twitter contacts with the device (I forget the terminology, I set mine up so long ago)? If not, is that a choice you want/need to stick with?

4) do you follow that contact

As far as I know, the only place the built in Twitter app gets contact data is from the contacts application. So if a contact doesn't have a twitter handle in their card you will get the results you are seeing. If you are synchronizing contacts from your twitter account I believe it downloads the contact data for those people you follow, and maybe from those who follow you. Depending on what information was available from twitter for that person the entry may not be linked to other contact data you have for them, or it may not have been downloaded.
    07-03-13 10:39 AM
    I use the native twitter app. Most of my twitter contacts are synced with my address book. I am following the person I mentioned in the post.

My intentions are to not crowd my phone's contact list with all the people I follow (or am followed by) on twitter. I don't mind people that I actually have their contact info(phone/email/etc) to have their twitter handle saved as well.

Posted via Pilot's Q10
    07-03-13 11:03 AM
    I haven't tested the situation since my original post. I just went back and tried it since updating my OS and it seems to be working like on BBOS.

Posted via Pilot's Q10
    07-03-13 11:09 AM
    Great news!
    07-03-13 11:15 AM