I use whatsapp more then texting or BBM so for me I would love to see this feature in Whatsapp.

Is the reason why there currently is no "instant notifications" for Whatsapp because BlackBerry hasn't given support for it or is it because Whatsapp hasn't incorporated this feature?

Thanks.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10
    08-13-13 12:07 AM
    What do you mean? I get notified immediately when I get a msg?
    08-13-13 08:31 AM
    I think he means the "toast" notifications.

Posted via CB10
    ryanza and RafiqK like this.
    08-13-13 08:32 AM
    Sounds like a problem with your 10.2 leak.Others may report instant notifications with a 10.2 leak, but with a leak (or even an official release!), you never know what bug each individual may encounter. I'm on ancient 10.1.0.237 (I think, off the top of my head), and I get instant WhatsApp notifications.

OT, does iPhone get instant WhatsApp notifications? When I send messages on WhatsApp to my iPhone friends and their "last seen" time is several hours in the past, I only get one check mark until they're "online" and then the second check mark (delivered) comes up. Seems very annoying. I love the instant notifications on BlackBerry.
    08-13-13 08:35 AM
    I think he means the "toast" notifications.

Posted via CB10
    Oh well yea that would be nice

Posted via Z's Z10
    ryanza likes this.
    08-13-13 09:14 AM
    Is the reason why there currently is no "instant notifications" for Whatsapp because BlackBerry hasn't given support for it or is it because Whatsapp hasn't incorporated this feature?
    Several things need to happen before we can offer this feature:
    • The API for configuring notification settings has to be released, so we can actually turn on notification previews.
    • BlackBerry World has to actually let developers submit 10.2-specific versions of their applications.
    • We have to actually implement it.

None of these have happened yet. However, in light of event announcements like this, it shouldn't be too much longer.

Also, remember that 10.2 has not actually been publicly released yet.
    08-13-13 11:29 AM
    sorry yes I ment "toast notifications"

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10
    08-13-13 06:58 PM
    Suddenly I have stopped receiving any notification from WhatsApp since yesterday evening. The messages are coming in but no notification. Any ideas.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 02:46 AM
    WhatsApp is working just fine for me on STL100-1 10.2.0.1047 but Toast notifications for WhatsApp would be great! I cant wait for the update!
    08-14-13 03:05 AM
    Several things need to happen before we can offer this feature:
    • The API for configuring notification settings has to be released, so we can actually turn on notification previews.
    • BlackBerry World has to actually let developers submit 10.2-specific versions of their applications.
    • We have to actually implement it.

None of these have happened yet. However, in light of event announcements like this, it shouldn't be too much longer.

Also, remember that 10.2 has not actually been publicly released yet.
    I'm sorry, but I'm confused by your post. I receive (and have received since I got my Q10) WhatsApp instant notifications in the Hub, so I'm not sure what's being discussed here.
    08-14-13 07:35 AM
    I'm sorry, but I'm confused by your post. I receive (and have received since I got my Q10) WhatsApp instant notifications in the Hub, so I'm not sure what's being discussed here.
    They r discussing toast notifications, wherein ur in any app or any screen and the notifications for any mail or text will be displayed on the top of the screen for a few seconds. This is called toast notification. If it is important, u can just tap on that notification and the message will open.

Posted via CB10
    RafiqK likes this.
    08-14-13 09:12 AM
    Thanks - they sound interesting, but I actually like the lack of notification when I'm not in Hub. I use the "peek and Hub" method often to see if I have a new message. Not sure I need or would like these "Toats". I'm guessing if not, I can turn them off after my update (if it ever comes?

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 11:28 PM
    Thanks - they sound interesting, but I actually like the lack of notification when I'm not in Hub. I use the "peek and Hub" method often to see if I have a new message. Not sure I need or would like these "Toats". I'm guessing if not, I can turn them off after my update (if it ever comes?

Posted via CB10
    Yes.

douevenCB10?
    08-14-13 11:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    When you update to 10.2.?.???? I'm quite sure you will like and appreciate how great Toast Notifications are.

On 10.2.0.1047 toast notification is only available for a few message types, email and BBM work for sure with BBM having the ability to respond directly from the Toast Notification. SMS may work this way too.

When a Toast pops up while you are in some applications you can quickly view, reply or ignore the notification without leaving the application that you are in. This can greatly improve productivity IMO.
    08-14-13 11:55 PM
    Suddenly I have stopped receiving any notification from WhatsApp since yesterday evening. The messages are coming in but no notification. Any ideas.

Posted via CB10
    Same problem here. I tried to downgrade from 10.2 1047 to 10.1 4780 but stoll no Whatsapp notifications. Any ideas why o don't get notification?

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 03:20 AM
    No, I'm not sure I'll like them, but the optionality is good.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 07:51 AM
    No, I'm not sure I'll like them, but the optionality is good.

Posted via CB10
    You'll be singing a different time when you upgrade to 10.2. It's so convenient to respond to a message with out leaving whatever it is you're doing at the time. Most people probably think that you yap on the toast and it automatically opens the message to responds. What's great us that on top of this option, SMS and BBM have a little arrow that when you tap it, a little input box opens at the under the notification and you can reply directly without even having to open the app. Trust me, you'll love it!

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 05:30 PM
    Like this

Instant Notifications for Whatsapp on 10.2.0.1047-img_00000424.png

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails Instant Notifications for Whatsapp on 10.2.0.1047-img_00000425.png  
    08-15-13 05:35 PM
    Like this

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000424.png 
Views:	280 
Size:	252.2 KB 
ID:	192817

Posted via CB10
    Disregard the second pic

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 05:37 PM
    Same problem here. I tried to downgrade from 10.2 1047 to 10.1 4780 but stoll no Whatsapp notifications. Any ideas why o don't get notification?

Posted via CB10
    I reinstalled WhatsApp and that solved the problem.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 02:55 AM